Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing the Osmo - Zenmuse M1*
12Next >
9775 55 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I know this is an item most of you wanted for a while. I'm glad to introduce the...

Osmo - Zenmuse M1

Check it out on the store page HERE

Overview
The Zenmuse M1 gimbal is compatible with all Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Pro and  Osmo RAW grips*. After being installed on a grip, the Zenmuse M1 is able  to hold a wide variety of smartphone, allowing you to shoot clear  pictures and smooth, stable footage.
The Zenmuse M1 also enables all of the intelligent features of the Osmo  Mobile including ActiveTrack, Motion Timelapse, Panorama, Beautify, and  Live Streaming, allowing you to capture your memories more easily and  cinematically than ever before.
*Not compatible with fully integrated Osmo Mobile grip.

Specifications
Dimensions:
4.92×4.29×3.57 inch (Folded)
125.06×109.15×90.98 mm
Weight:300g
Mobile Phone Width Range:2.31-3.34 inch (58.6-84.8 mm)(from the iPhone  SE to the iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar sizes)
Wireless Model:Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 11.13.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 11.13.16 AM.png
2017-1-4
Use props
jrm11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Very cool, but your timing lost a sale. Had you announced this just a few weeks ago, I would have purchased this AND an Osmo+, instead of just an Osmo Mobile.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

jrm11 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:26
Very cool, but your timing lost a sale. Had you announced this just a few weeks ago, I would have purchased this AND an Osmo+, instead of just an Osmo Mobile.

I hear you. I know when the mobile was announced a lot of users wanted an Osmo handle attachment.
2017-1-4
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

Not sure I understand what this adds to an Osmo+ owner aside from Activetrack.
2017-1-4
Use props
9s5eTxuUCFVM
Second Officer
United States

Will this also work with the osmo Z-Axis?
2017-1-4
Use props
Razer_73
lvl.1

United States

I would like to know about the Z-Axis too. This does make sense as a potential upgrade path. Buy the handle on its own and this to use with your smartphone and then you can add a camera at a later date if you so wish unlike the mobile where you cant remove the mount. Its something im now considering but it looks expensive as neither of the two parts come in good bundles. Will there be a bundle like this offering better value?
2017-1-4
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Will this hold a point and shoot camera such as the Sony RX100?
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kevin16 Posted at 2017-1-5 00:01
Will this hold a point and shoot camera such as the Sony RX100?

No, it's too thick and the screen direction is reverse
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

9s5eTxuUCFVM Posted at 2017-1-4 20:30
Will this also work with the osmo Z-Axis?

Yes, it does, and also works with the Osmo extension  rod
2017-1-5
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 02:03

It would be fantastic if DJI made one that works with many compact cameras that people already have.  I don't feel that the Osmo+ is a good enough compromise when the RX100 is a great camera that just needs the DJI touch.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Kevin16 Posted at 2017-1-5 02:19
It would be fantastic if DJI made one that works with many compact cameras that people already have.  I don't feel that the Osmo+ is a good enough compromise when the RX100 is a great camera that just needs the DJI touch.

It is a good idea, there might be one later.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jrm11 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:26

They gained a sale with me, I now own an original Osmo AND an Osmo Mobile
2017-1-5
Use props
Skint
lvl.1
New Zealand

Kevin16 Posted at 2017-1-5 02:19

That exists as the Zhiyun Crane M, if you also get the extra cable for it you can use the controls on the handle to use the zoom/record/photo modes on the RX100 remotely.
2017-1-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

"Mobile Phone Width Range:2.31-3.34 inch (58.6-84.8 mm)(from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar sizes)"

Is there a reason it dont say iPhone7+ ?
2017-1-6
Use props
Morrisson
First Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

FINALLY.

This is GREAT.

Best,
Gavin
2017-1-6
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.1
United States

Advocate Posted at 2017-1-5 16:00
They gained a sale with me, I now own an original Osmo AND an Osmo Mobile

So, You have the OSMO. which came with the X3 and you have the M1?

That is what I am will be doing. I have the OSMO with the X3.  I will be buying the M1. I will also be upgrading from the X3 to the X3 Zoom.
2017-1-6
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 03:06
It is a good idea, there might be one later.

Probably be too heavy.
Won't be able to use the App to make settings either? Surely - how would you set up the gimbal? You'd have to have your phone in the bracket, connected to the gimbal and a camera from another manufacturer on top, how would the images get to your phone to the DJI app?
2017-1-7
Use props
DJILUC
lvl.1

Singapore

Satureyes Posted at 2017-1-7 17:42
Probably be too heavy.
Won't be able to use the App to make settings either? Surely - how would you set up the gimbal? You'd have to have your phone in the bracket, connected to the gimbal and a camera from another manufacturer on top, how would the images get to your phone to the DJI app?

Yes, its such ashame that iPhone 7 is having the weight issue.

I got the iPhone 7 for the nice optics. Now may be have to consider the Osmo+ or Osmo. Hopefully they will have a "M1+" that supports bigger phones
2017-1-7
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJILUC Posted at 2017-1-7 20:08
Yes, its such ashame that iPhone 7 is having the weight issue.

I got the iPhone 7 for the nice optics. Now may be have to consider the Osmo+ or Osmo. Hopefully they will have a "M1+" that supports bigger phones

Eh?
it won't work with the iphopne 7/7+?

I was referring to the post about putting a regular camera onto the gimbal - like a Sony RX100 etc. NOT a smartphone
2017-1-8
Use props
fans09a7a7f3
lvl.1

Malaysia

I wondering what if my osmo+ battery drain in 1hr30min after i change to this M1 my battery life will extend?
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans09a7a7f3 Posted at 2017-1-8 23:29
I wondering what if my osmo+ battery drain in 1hr30min after i change to this M1 my battery life will extend?

Yes, now your Osmo+ becomes and Osmo Mobile
2017-1-9
Use props
rdvid
lvl.1

Netherlands

so when you buy an M1, you get the same battery as the Osmo mobile (up to  4 hours?)
2017-1-9
Use props
fans09a7a7f3
lvl.1

Malaysia

rdvid Posted at 2017-1-9 01:50
so when you buy an M1, you get the same battery as the Osmo mobile (up to  4 hours?)

ya i thinking this problem also...and RODE VideoMicro for osmo can share use with the phone?
2017-1-9
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hmmm really not working with the iPhone 7.... Any honest answer? Max
2017-1-9
Use props
fans715169aa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will it hold a Pixel XL?
2017-1-9
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 2017-1-9 13:33
hmmm really not working with the iPhone 7.... Any honest answer? Max

If it's compatible with IPhone 7 plus.  I would seriously consider, even though I know how anything first gen. dJI will have its hiccups...
2017-1-9
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrizzlyAdams Posted at 2017-1-6 08:53
So, You have the OSMO. which came with the X3 and you have the M1?

That is what I am will be doing. I have the OSMO with the X3.  I will be buying the M1. I will also be upgrading from the X3 to the X3 Zoom.

No I owned an X3, then bought an Oslo Mobile thinking they wouldn't be releasing the gimbal separately, then came home with it to see that they had launched the M1 gimbal.
2017-1-10
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

So will this work with the iPhone 7 plus??????anyone
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2017-1-10 08:42

It can physically hold the iPhone 7+ and the phone can run DJI GO, but some users are finding that the internal stabilization of the phone's camera is giving them some jitters. We're aware of this issue, but it doesn't happen to all users for some reason.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans09a7a7f3
lvl.1

Malaysia

Can i know when your osmo+ become osmo mobile the battery life will change to 4hr+ too?
2017-1-10
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-10 09:15
It can physically hold the iPhone 7+ and the phone can run DJI GO, but some users are finding that the internal stabilization of the phone's camera is giving them some jitters. We're aware of this issue, but it doesn't happen to all users for some reason.

That's a gamble Im not willing to take, appreciate the prompt response
2017-1-10
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 02:03

I actually made this and simply hold the mobile handle in reverse with a the phone acting as the viewer.  Not to bad since it's just a gimbal without the app.  My first version resembles those wider cam-mount with a counter-weight on the other end in front of the phone-sensor.  

This slim down version works, but interestingly the counterweight (WIP) will be mounted where you loosen the phone mount now that it is front weighted.

fyi...I intend to use this as a selfie vlog (video in progress lol)

web_ActionCamMount_v1.jpg
2017-1-10
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.1
United States

giggidditygiggi Posted at 2017-1-10 13:05
I actually made this and simply hold the mobile handle in reverse with a the phone acting as the viewer.  Not to bad since it's just a gimbal without the app.  My first version resembles those wider cam-mount with a counter-weight on the other end in front of the phone-sensor.  

This slim down version works, but interestingly the counterweight (WIP) will be mounted where you loosen the phone mount now that it is front weighted.

Edit: (couldn't add it earlier) The phone jack power is actually GREAT!  It's unplugged to show where it is.  The extension arm and bracket acts as a nice support cover to the flimsy jack and works out well.  I am using a 3 year old 12,000mah battery pack and powering both handle and camera that lasts a good 3-4 hours at 1/3'rd of usage so far.
2017-1-10
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.1
United States

giggidditygiggi Posted at 2017-1-10 13:13
Edit: (couldn't add it earlier) The phone jack power is actually GREAT!  It's unplugged to show where it is.  The extension arm and bracket acts as a nice support cover to the flimsy jack and works out well.  I am using a 3 year old 12,000mah battery pack and powering both handle and camera that lasts a good 3-4 hours at 1/3'rd of usage so far.

*forgot pic,  glad this idea work of using a power bank as a stand.  I added the trigger like support so I can use my pinky or hold from the base since it was a little scary carring it around and walking for a few hours to see how it will hold in usage.  The support stand is 3D printed as well as the cam mount.  I left it sitting with everything for about a month and it hasn't toppled even when I had the phone mounted.

web_BatteryPackStand.jpg
2017-1-10
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.1
United States

Sidenote: sorry for a double posting on another thread. *Couldn't delete or edit them after I realized I'll be updating this mobile-mod in the coming weeks.
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Was waiting for this great that it works with z axis and extension rod thanks to all at dji, now hurry up and deliver. Lol
2017-1-11
Use props
DJLuc
lvl.1

Singapore

BIGDZ Posted at 2017-1-10 08:42

Like other said, it works with iPhone 7/7+ but has issues like jitters.

Especially iPhone 7+ will see 'drifting' when doing timelapse as the gimbal is trying to compensate the heavy phone. Hence some people uses DIY 'counterweights' to balance iPhone 7+ on Osmo mobile. Ton of feedbacks and solutions on youtube.
2017-1-14
Use props
fans737ad63c
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJLuc Posted at 2017-1-14 23:27
Like other said, it works with iPhone 7/7+ but has issues like jitters.

Especially iPhone 7+ will see 'drifting' when doing timelapse as the gimbal is trying to compensate the heavy phone. Hence some people uses DIY 'counterweights' to balance iPhone 7+ on Osmo mobile. Ton of feedbacks and solutions on youtube.

I couldn't see this covered anywhere, other than that the M will hold the iPhone 6sPlus, but has anyone actually tried it with this phone? I though it was heavier that the 7, but I could be wrong...
2017-1-15
Use props
nibblerrick
lvl.3
Flight distance : 304590 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am thinking about getting this or the "complete" mobile. Any thoughs about one or the other to be better besides having another grip (which isn't interchangeable at the mobile)?
How is availibility of the M1, will it be here in the near future or does it takes some time longer (mavic-like... ;-) )
2017-1-16
Use props
fans715169aa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll ask it again - will it hold a Pixel XL?
2017-1-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules