Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*New app from DJI: DJI GROUND STATION PRO*
12345678Next >
55643 283 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I would like to bring a brand new app directly from DJI to your attention.

Introducing DJI GROUND STATION PRO!
(currently available for iOS devices, available free on the App Store now HERE)

GS Pro (also known as Ground Station Pro) is an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. Through its clear, concise interface, complex flight missions can be planned with a few taps. GS Pro will then automatically take pictures at pre-set waypoints, providing the accuracy required for precision mapping. A Virtual Fence feature increases safety and ease of use by locking the aircraft’s height and speed within a designated area. With these features, GS Pro dramatically increases the efficiency of various industrial applications, including but not limited to, aerial imaging, architecture, precision agriculture, electrical inspections, search and rescue, safety control, and more.ctions, search and rescue, safety control, and more.

GS Pro is compatible with the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers:

Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro*, Inspire 1/Inspire 2*Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3, N3, and Mavic Pro,
Compatible cameras: Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro, andZenmuse X3, X5, X5R, X4S*, X5S*, and Z3

*Coming soon

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.

3D map POI

3D map POI

Waypoints

Waypoints
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.04.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.22.11 PM.png
2017-1-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Very cool, and you can't beat the price. ;)
Maybe it's time for me to finally upgrade my first gen iPad...
2017-1-3
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

Just updated to and Iphone 6s Plus and was debating between it and an Ipad mini 4, for the drone. I hope this becomes available for the phone soon as well.
2017-1-3
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Very Cool App! Are you planning to make it for iPhone?
2017-1-3
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

Just downloaded, seems to be using the apple maps imagery. I was able to create a mission fairly easily.  I can't fly the mission because I have a P4P+ and can't connect to anything other than the built in screen.  I wish I had known that was going to be an issue.  Oh, well, one of these days.  It's ironic that not only can we not use 3rd party apps, we can't use DJI apps other than the special version of DJI Go4.  I'm sorry for the short rant.
2017-1-3
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

UtopianCrew Posted at 2017-1-3 17:31
Very Cool App! Are you planning to make it for iPhone?

It says at the top that the app is specifically designed for the iPad-- I wouldn't count on it being available for the iPhone since the area is way too small for all of the options available in that powerful app.

Great job DJI for finally bringing back the ground station app we all enjoyed in the Phantom 2 days!
2017-1-3
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-3 17:58
Just downloaded, seems to be using the apple maps imagery. I was able to create a mission fairly easily.  I can't fly the mission because I have a P4P+ and can't connect to anything other than the built in screen.  I wish I had known that was going to be an issue.  Oh, well, one of these days.  It's ironic that not only can we not use 3rd party apps, we can't use DJI apps other than the special version of DJI Go4.  I'm sorry for the short rant.

cant you install this app on the built in p4p screen?
if not today i am sure it will be out soon for it.
2017-1-3
Use props
marcaronson408
lvl.1

United States

Any plans to make this available on Android?
2017-1-3
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

this is one of the best platform DJI has rolled out since P2 days. Although 3rd party apps offers more features, i guess that DJI will catch up and implement features to the GS Pro.

Although I do not fancy squinting my eyes through an iphone for this, DJI can consider mobile and tablet GS applications and compatibility with a broader range of products old or new whichever can support.
2017-1-3
Use props
Gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I'll second the nomination for an Android version!
2017-1-3
Use props
fansf93ab83f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Will be testing this. Beware I've had a look around the app. If you do missions DJI states it will continue regardless of battery power ETC. I hope they put an option to enable RTH if battery reaches a certain threshold. Also RTH is not default for missions you need to use advanced to enable RTH.
Will post my experiences with this app when I have a chance to fly whether permitting.

2017-1-3
Use props
Andre.D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436709 ft
Australia

I'll also second the nomination for an Android version!
2017-1-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Android please
2017-1-3
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Has a manual been written for the app?   All I could find was a FAQ, and it really didn't answer many questions.  
2017-1-3
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Thank you VERY VERY Much DJI....... ..... I have been waiting on this a year and a half.. now if we can just keep it up to date and keep adding features!
2017-1-3
Use props
RikDingo
First Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Hey DJI, your crystalclear remote runs under android.... Be logical !
2017-1-3
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Would like this for android as well.
I wonder how many users are om android vs apple.
2017-1-4
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

Cool, thank you DJI. And Android would be very cool, too!
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

at last, back to the good old days with Wookong. Good news
2017-1-4
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

Android is by far the largest platform worldwide and this lot keep
pushing Apple products at us. NO THANKS

Thank god for LITCHI
2017-1-4
Use props
DarkEnergy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Installed and easily created several missions. Editing revisions are also easy. Would have a go with the Mavic as soon as its stops reining. I guess it  will be difficult to fly the Mavic with the RC connected to the iPad air.
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

I was a litlle to fast with my first post #20

I just installed it. BUT with the Here Map it is useless.

COME ON DJI you can do better than that. Back to Google.

For me its back to Litchi.
2017-1-4
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

A year and a half late, but we finally got there.
Thanks DJI - we will d/load and test this, but it looks promising.
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

EdM Posted at 2017-1-3 22:42
Has a manual been written for the app?   All I could find was a FAQ, and it really didn't answer many questions.

Its within the APP
2017-1-4
Use props
Willik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

marcaronson408 Posted at 2017-1-3 19:03
Any plans to make this available on Android?

+1 here PLZ
2017-1-4
Use props
DJ1 Mav1C
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Got it and thanks.

Please include Panorama photo and Panorama  movie in further update.

2017-1-4
Use props
fansed04fceb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

Finally dji takes out his famous land station.
Because in the app is not contemplated the zenmuse xt ??
I'm tired of waiting to be able to make thermal maps in 3D and now that it comes to light your app does not come reflected in the xt. I honestly see much better litchi than this app.
Both wait for this .....
Surely it happened to them like with almost all the products that takes dji that are WITHOUT FINISHING
2017-1-4
Use props
fansf67fa495
lvl.4

United States

Totally illogical not to offer for for the P4P+
2017-1-4
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

Is this planned only for Apple products or Android will be usable too? When? Would appreciate for answer so that I know should i take anything other (for Android).
2017-1-4
Use props
Michael F.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Function looks very similar to Autopilot which is also for iPhones use available.
2017-1-4
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.4
United States

Phantomjim Posted at 2017-1-4 01:45
Android is by far the largest platform worldwide and this lot keep
pushing Apple products at us. NO THANKS

Android is the largest platform worldwide.  But, as some one who has several apps in the marketplace, I know exactly how many users are on what device.  While the apps I do are in a different market segment, i can tell you that my current platform ratio is 72/28, iOS to Android.  It's very likely that DJI knows what device is in the majority and that drives the development hours.

That said, given that CrystalSky runs on Android, I'm assuming a compatible version isn't far behind.
2017-1-4
Use props
fansceff17c6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Is the app capable to do multi- battery missions? Can't find any info and hadn't a chance to try it for real.

The app allows me to mark a large area, counts the flight time (for example 50 minutes) but says nothing about swapping batteries...
2017-1-4
Use props
hmsgcr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166824 ft
Costa Rica

Android????
2017-1-4
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Any tips&tricks to "connect with internet to register the app" ???

IMG_0738.jpg

2017-1-4
Use props
Taydav
First Officer
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Is this intended to replace Litchi on Ipads?
2017-1-4
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Thank you DJI !

Be sure to check out our free RAPID for DJI map building software, which now loads up to 100 DJI images for free processing / stitching. It is the perfect addition to the new DJI GS Pro application and will allow you to start building geo-referenced maps from your imagery for free!

RAPID for DJI

RAPID for DJI

The download link can be found here: https://dronemapper.com/software_downloads

Three WINDOWS 10 (64bit) applications with different features and functionality are offered and are summarized below:

• RAPID for DJI (Free): Allows input of up to 100 geo-tagged JPEG images of 12 Mpixel format or greater. RAPID will produce a preview orthomosaic, a DEM scaled at X8 of imagery native resolution and an orthomosaic scaled at X4 as output products in GeoTiff format. RAPID for DJI is limited to DJI platforms and sensors.

Feature/Function Benefits
• Orthomosaic preview – facilitates review of acceptable imagery collection at the site, prior to equipment pack-up, by generating the preview in near real time. In many cases the preview will help identify holes in coverage, issues with image geo-tagging and poor quality imagery (blur and other imagery artifacts that hamper proper processing) before you leave the scene.
• Linear and area measurements for overlap verification and scene coverage.
• Selectable scaling of the DEM appropriate for the project requirements. If 1-2’ contours and/or volumetrics are required, then a X8 DEM may be suitable for the quickest turn around and acceptable accuracy. If finer detail is desired, then X4 and X2 DEMs are selected at the expense of processing time.
• Selectable scaling and blending of the orthomosaic for scene feature identification and production of a visually pleasing (minimal to no seamlines) scene.
• DEM and orthomosaic sub-pixel root mean square error (RMSE) of GCPs in horizontal and vertical - facilitates accurate planimetric and 3-D measurements.
• 64-bit point cloud provided for feature classification, editing and DTM generation.
• Robust processing algorithms tolerant of minimal imagery overlap. Allows user to close the loop on operations platform, camera/lens and mission planner to minimize overlaps for high efficiency collects over larger areas, quick processing turnaround times and high quality output.

Thanks!
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

Taydav Posted at 2017-1-4 05:27
Is this intended to replace Litchi on Ipads?

DJI using HERE Maps, no way
2017-1-4
Use props
Nige321
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2017-1-4 04:28
Android is the largest platform worldwide.  But, as some one who has several apps in the marketplace, I know exactly how many users are on what device.  While the apps I do are in a different market segment, i can tell you that my current platform ratio is 72/28, iOS to Android.  It's very likely that DJI knows what device is in the majority and that drives the development hours.

That said, given that CrystalSky runs on Android, I'm assuming a compatible version isn't far behind.

Exactly. Android may be higher by numbers, but I'd bet that theres an equal number if not more DJI products flown on iOS than Android...
2017-1-4
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 05:33
DJI using HERE Maps, no way

Apple maps is used for DJI Go or DJI GS Pro
2017-1-4
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good News. I found this information in a german language forum - https://www.kopter-support.de/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=613

What about an Android port? Will be great.
2017-1-4
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules