Waypoint Path Generator
2269 6 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bruce Bodnyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20112 ft
United States

I have had my DJI 3 Standard for about 4 months and generally use the Litchi app to plan missions. While the Litch mission Hub is great program and allows one to create a path for the drone to fly, creating complex paths can be a bit challenging. I am a programmer by trade so decided about a month ago while my drone was out for repair to create a utility to allow one to programmatically create paths that can then be imported into Litchi Mission Hub.

The Youtube video below is a short demonstration of the utility and shows how individual paths can be created, joined together and ultimately output for importing into Mission Hub.

Enjoy!
Bruce
2017-1-4
Use props
Bruce Bodnyk
lvl.2
United States

The following is a 2nd video of my Waypoint Path Generator utility.

2017-1-25
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Bruce Bodnyk Posted at 2017-1-25 06:42
The following is a 2nd video of my Waypoint Path Generator utility.

2nd Demo Video

Bruce Bodnyk:

I hate to say this, but I'm glad your quad was out for repair. The program you've created seems quite comprehensive--the time you took to design, write and debug it was time well spent. Great work.

The obvious question, of course, is how would one (read: I) acquire your program (purchase, lease, beta-test, rent--anything but steal) to put into use? I'm an old school programmer/analyst (from Fortran forward), but I no longer have the patience to delve that deep into building such an intricate application as you've done here (helical paths!!).

Your presentations were spot on in their straight-forward conveyance of the details needed to make use of the program. Thanks for sharing.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus

2017-1-25
Use props
Bruce Bodnyk
lvl.2
United States

The following is the third video showing additional capabilities of my Waypoint Path Generator utility. It demonstrates the creation of various mathematical curves, shows how the paths can be edited and output into the Litchi Mission Hub application and to the Mission Planner application for ArduPilot flight controllers.

2017-2-5
Use props
Chairwolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56539 ft

United States

Bruce, it looks great!  Excellent work.  Is your app available to the rest of us?  Would love to know how to get it.

Bob
2017-8-13
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

Any news or updates on this Bruce?
2017-8-22
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Great work! This looks really cool. I have often wondered how to put different missions together and such, but I for one do not have any knowledge of how to go about it. That's were good guys like you come in LOL.
As others have said, this is very interesting, but is there going to be any way to try, purchase, test your utility. Will you be making it available to anyone?
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules