580 3 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've read a lot about the Phantom 3 developing stress cracks over time, and I hoped it would never happen to mine, but unfortunately I noticed one of them about a month ago and again noticed a new one just a couple days ago. Dji Natalia replied to one of my previous threads and said I should contact tech support, so I am just looking for advice on how I can go about doing that and getting the process started to try and get it repaired/replaced.

Just for reference, I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced since early July of 2016 and have never used prop guards or any other accessories to add weight or additional stress to the motors.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Smith, sorry to hear about the cracks, may I know you bought it from DJI online store or an authorized dealer? we'd like to help you handle this case.
You can submit here for a repair case and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Our engineers will evaluate the unit after receiving it, if it's caused by product faulty and accord with our after-sales policy, it will be covered by warranty.
2017-1-5
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-5 20:40
Smith, sorry to hear about the cracks, may I know you bought it from DJI online store or an authorized dealer? we'd like to help you handle this case.
You can submit here for a repair case and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Our engineers will evaluate the unit after receiving it, if it's caused by product faulty and accord with our after-sales policy, it will be covered by warranty.

Hi again, thanks for the reply. I bought it from the authorized retailer, DronesPlus when they had a store located here in Orlando. Unfortunately that store closed down earlier last year.

I went ahead and started the repair case, but I currently have it saved until I can take some photos and video showing the cracks. I will also try to contact DronesPlus and see if they can provide me with a copy of the original Proof of Purchase so I can add that as well.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mr Smith Posted at 2017-1-5 20:55
Hi again, thanks for the reply. I bought it from the authorized retailer, DronesPlus when they had a store located here in Orlando. Unfortunately that store closed down earlier last year.

I went ahead and started the repair case, but I currently have it saved until I can take some photos and video showing the cracks. I will also try to contact DronesPlus and see if they can provide me with a copy of the original Proof of Purchase so I can add that as well.

Thanks for the details, please submit it at your convenience and keep us posted for any further questions.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules