Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Tutorial Video Compilation
12Next >
52525 43 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
China

Preflight Checklist

To ensure safe flight, do a preflight checklist before you take off. Check out this tutorial video to learn more.

New IMU Calibration

The new IMU module on Mavic Pro will greatly improve your flight experience. Watch this tutorial video to learn how to calibrate the IMU.

WIFI Mode

Make your Mavic even more portable by controlling the aircraft with your mobile device. Once you connect with the aircraft WIFI, you’ll see the DJI Mavic Pro in a whole new light.

Upgrading Firmware

DJI will release new firmware from time to time to introduce new features or optimize existing ones, so it’s good to know how to update.

Here’s how to update with DJI Assistant 2:

Here’s how to update with DJI GO:

2017-1-6
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Interesting. Thanks.
2017-1-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I noticed in the IMU calibration video that the gimbal cover and gimbal clamp appear to remain on after powering on the Mavic. I thought this was not good on the gimbal motor and could cause an overheating/motor issue.....can you please confirm if this is correct or if they should be removed prior to powering on the Mavic....
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-6 22:12
I noticed in the IMU calibration video that the gimbal cover and gimbal clamp appear to remain on after powering on the Mavic. I thought this was not good on the gimbal motor and could cause an overheating/motor issue.....can you please confirm if this is correct or if they should be removed prior to powering on the Mavic....

There's no gimbal clamp on the gimbal camera only the gimbal cover. You can see the gimbal camera movements at 00:38 which means it isn't locked.
And you are correct, before turn on the aircraft, you should remove the gimbal clamp.

2017-1-9
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 03:09
There's no gimbal clamp on the gimbal camera only the gimbal cover. You can see the gimbal camera movements at 00:38 which means it isn't locked.
And you are correct, before turn on the aircraft, you should remove the gimbal clamp.

Thanks Mindy....after watching again, I see that as well...but the video is a bit misleading for new Mavic owners as it doesn't clearly show this step taking place and may cause users to inadvertently leave their clamp on since the video doesn't clearly show this step.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansfac255f1
lvl.2
United States

Awesome videos.  Watching these helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger and order a Mavic.  I'm sure they will be a great  help in getting to know my new friend.
2017-1-12
Use props
ZCYJ8Pymnp6o
lvl.1

United States

Watched one of your videos that says not to power unit on with arms closed, yet it shows doing the New IMU Calibration with arms closed.   I'm assuming this would be the one exception?
2017-1-13
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ZCYJ8Pymnp6o Posted at 2017-1-13 05:55
Watched one of your videos that says not to power unit on with arms closed, yet it shows doing the New IMU Calibration with arms closed.   I'm assuming this would be the one exception?

IMU and Compass are different modules inside the craft doing different jobs,  the IMU is not so magnetically affected as is the Compass,  hence the Arms must be unfolded to do Compass calibrations, so that the craft is in the same layout as it would be in flight (magnetically), the motors themselves will give off differing amounts of magnatism in flight but it is assumed the compass will cope with that.  it is important that the gimbal is free with its clamp removed when ever the craft is powered on, i hope that helps.
2017-1-15
Use props
Ttony1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791562 ft
United Kingdom

Worth Watching. Thank you
2017-2-14
Use props
Ray Trace
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry for my english.
Is it possible with Mavic Pro where the camera will tilt like a jet fly with gimbal lock (i.e. Canyon)?
2017-2-15
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133694 ft
South Africa

Ray Trace Posted at 2017-2-15 10:42
Sorry for my english.
Is it possible with Mavic Pro where the camera will tilt like a jet fly with gimbal lock (i.e. Canyon)?

In the gimbal settings, set it to FPV mode. This will do what you want.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ray Trace
lvl.1
Germany

ChrisH_Photos Posted at 2017-2-15 11:11
In the gimbal settings, set it to FPV mode. This will do what you want.

Thank you very much ChrisH
Know i will buy one.
2017-2-15
Use props
kb2sbl
New
United States

i have two p3 ,the mavic is the only one that says ready to go when throdled up it shuts down
2017-3-26
Use props
fans48f5293c
New
Malaysia

Hey anyone can help me...my mobile phone is oppo r7 plus...is this phone can use for dji mavic pro drone?thanks
2017-4-12
Use props
tj18
New

United States

Awesome! Just got the Mavic Pro here, thanks for the info and tutorials!
2017-5-19
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

Funny. Right in the GO4 app shown in video it says to "dismount propellers" but then in video they leave the props on anyway.
2017-5-19
Use props
ramiro simoes
lvl.1
Brazil

I'd Like to update my Assitant 2 how can I do it ?
2017-5-20
Use props
ramiro simoes
lvl.1
Brazil

My verson is  V1.1.0
2017-5-20
Use props
ThomasFL
New
United States

Hi!

I just got the new update notification yesterday for my Mavic Pro. I will be traveling to a location that does not have internet of any kind but still want to fly my mavic there. Will I be able to fly the drone without internet? (the update literature seems to indicate that I need to log in to the app every time that I use the drone).

Somewhat concerned, if anyone has any insight that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
2017-6-11
Use props
Tall.peca 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

Helpful, thank you!
2017-7-13
Use props
MauiFlyer
lvl.1
United States

thanks for the video, helped clarify the positions for me.
2017-7-19
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

ThomasFL Posted at 2017-6-11 18:38
Hi!

I just got the new update notification yesterday for my Mavic Pro. I will be traveling to a location that does not have internet of any kind but still want to fly my mavic there. Will I be able to fly the drone without internet? (the update literature seems to indicate that I need to log in to the app every time that I use the drone).

you don't need internet to fly...app is important but still not necessary
2017-7-31
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this.
2017-7-31
Use props
HecticPancakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598156 ft

Australia

Thanks for this !!
2017-8-6
Use props
MaverickPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

The Mavic's shoulder bag - when Mavic is inserted into the shoulder bag with the gimbal cover downwards then I'm affraid of cracking the gimbal cover against the ground accidentally. Otherwise (the gimbal cover goes upwards in the bag) it is quite tough to pull the aircraft out of the bag due to antennas (front legs). What is the safe and the best position of Mavic in the bag? Thank you.
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for this!
2017-8-29
Use props
GovGeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88980 ft
United States

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-8-29 03:24
The Mavic's shoulder bag - when Mavic is inserted into the shoulder bag with the gimbal cover downwards then I'm affraid of cracking the gimbal cover against the ground accidentally. Otherwise (the gimbal cover goes upwards in the bag) it is quite tough to pull the aircraft out of the bag due to antennas (front legs). What is the safe and the best position of Mavic in the bag? Thank you.

Face down, buns up is how I store my birdie.
2017-9-6
Use props
CarlosG
lvl.1

Mexico

app picture not working
2017-11-20
Use props
Mr Watton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84265 ft
United Kingdom

This was really helpful. I do like how professional the videos look.
2017-12-5
Use props
Skunk
New
Flight distance : 1119 ft
United States

So I did all this and had a fly away on my very first flight right out of the box. Downloaded latest version of dji go, and firmware. Both remote and phone disconnected at 10ft away. Mavic flew to rth preset altitude and crashed in a tree.
2017-12-6
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Skunk Posted at 2017-12-6 18:25
So I did all this and had a fly away on my very first flight right out of the box. Downloaded latest version of dji go, and firmware. Both remote and phone disconnected at 10ft away. Mavic flew to rth preset altitude and crashed in a tree.

Damn!!! That sucks!
2017-12-6
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft

Always worth a refresher, especially when you've been unable to fly for weeks!
2018-5-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-5-10 08:10
Always worth a refresher, especially when you've been unable to fly for weeks!

I second that as well.
2018-5-10
Use props
tesohn
lvl.1
Philippines

nice butterfly logo. I recognize the flag
2018-5-22
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

very nice tutorials...thank you
2018-7-19
Use props
TopEssayService
New

Ukraine

If you need a best college essay writing service then contact me - https://www.topessayservices.com/
2018-8-23
Use props
markpa
New

Canada

very nice tutorials...thank you
2018-9-16
Use props
Gunnar McGee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184511 ft
United States

Great forum, great apps, and the hardware and equipment is just out of this world, thanks!!
2018-11-1
Use props
PNE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22753 ft
United States

Will Skypixel ever become usable? I can never upload mp4 vids and the page constantly refreshes and does not work for vids. Photos are ok. Thanks! 3rd request now.
2018-12-14
Use props
JaakkoAalto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135085 ft
Finland

Hey hey how are you doing? Want to learn how to color grade your drone footage and make it look suuper cinematic? Well you've come to the right place! Check out this tutorial of mine and learn my secrets! Remember to leave a like and subscribe to see the part two coming later!   Check out the films the clips are from:    
2020-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules