Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro "battery error"
8042 17 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madispuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

Hi,

I have a problem with two Mavic batteries (third one is working fine). If I turn on the Mavic, after some time I get a loop "no signal" -> (connected) -> "battery error" -> "no signal"

Here is a video clip of the issue.
https://goo.gl/photos/RfEbFzM5WgAoPs848

Does anyone else have this problem or do you think my batteries are defected?
2017-1-7
Use props
Andrejs
First Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Try to discharge battery till 0 and charge it back to 100%. You can try to charge your phone for example I had some problems with 1 battery. Full discharged and made all calibrations with that battery and problem dissapeared.
2017-1-7
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

Thanks, I will give it a try. How do you discharge a battery? Just keep it rolling on the ground till it's near 0%? I didn't find any information from Mavic documentation. Also what do you mean by "made all calibrations"? Can you calibrate the battery somehow?
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

madispuk Posted at 2017-1-7 04:30
Thanks, I will give it a try. How do you discharge a battery? Just keep it rolling on the ground till it's near 0%? I didn't find any information from Mavic documentation. Also what do you mean by "made all calibrations"? Can you calibrate the battery somehow?

You could fly the Mavic outdoors until there's less than 20% of power left. Or you could turn on the battery but do not start up the motor.
Besides, is the firmware up to date?
2017-1-9
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 02:23
You could fly the Mavic outdoors until there's less than 20% of power left. Or you could turn on the battery but do not start up the motor.
Besides, is the firmware up to date?

The firmware is up to date, at least DJI GO tells me so.
I tried to run the batteries to 5% (heard it's not good to run to 0%) and then recharged. I still get the "battery error" sometimes. Can it happen because there's 0 degrees celsius outside? Although I keep my batteries warm.
Yesterday I also got a disconnect and app crash and RTH was activated. Can I get the "battery error" logs from somewhere to send you to investigate?
2017-1-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

madispuk Posted at 2017-1-9 06:07
I tried to run the batteries to 5% (heard it's not good to run to 0%) and then recharged. I still get the "battery error" sometimes. Can it happen because there's 0 degrees celsius outside? Although I keep my batteries warm.
Yesterday I also got a disconnect and app crash and RTH was activated. Can I get the "battery error" logs from somewhere to send you to investigate?

DJI Assistant 2 will tell you if you're current.

Also upload your flight data to healthydrones.com. You'll find how to do that on the website.
2017-1-9
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

DJI GO also screams if the firmware is out of sync or there's an update, no need to open DJI Assistant 2 I assume.
I installed healthydrones.com app. If you want to get information about your batteries you have to pay loads of money, I do not see any use of this application. It's just for statistics.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please export the flight data to dropbox and send me the link.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2017-1-10
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

Hi Mindy,

It's not working for me. I connect my Mavic with USB, but I get this endless loading bar on "Data Upload" page. It doesn't get filled with flight data although it says FC U-DISC on remote controller. Can I get the files manually from SD?

loading.png
2017-1-10
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

Does anyone have a similar problem? I can't see any flight data, just the endless loading bar. OSX 10.10.5, DJI Assistant 2.
2017-1-16
Use props
GAa
New
Flight distance : 51188 ft
Norway

Hi,

Got a simular problem yesterday. Have been using the Mavic since beginning of January without any problems. But yesterday it was difficult to connect and it disconnect after a little while. Looks like all my 3 batteries had same problems. All of them were fully charged. I tested tripod flight and suddenly it lost connection and started return home and nearly crached in some branches. In the sunshine it was +22c but in shaddow it was around 0c. All my flights earlier in january has been in simular temperatures and without any problems.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

madispuk Posted at 2017-1-10 07:09
Hi Mindy,

It's not working for me. I connect my Mavic with USB, but I get this endless loading bar on "Data Upload" page. It doesn't get filled with flight data although it says FC U-DISC on remote controller. Can I get the files manually from SD?

Did you check and download the newest version of Assistant 2? I think it was updated within the past few weeks. Also, did you install the HoRNDIS package that comes with it, and restart your Mac after installing it?
2017-2-1
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-1 09:38
Did you check and download the newest version of Assistant 2? I think it was updated within the past few weeks. Also, did you install the HoRNDIS package that comes with it, and restart your Mac after installing it?

Yep. I have "restarted the modem". Just the endless progressbar.
2017-2-1
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

The battery is rated for no less than 5C but it should not affect it
2017-2-1
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

UtopianCrew Posted at 2017-2-1 11:07
The battery is rated for no less than 5C but it should not affect it

I'm having the Same Battery Error messages after updating software. (Which takes preposterously long btw. Come on, you could Wipe, reinstall and configure Windows faster. )
2017-4-24
Use props
fans05e3e800
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
Canada

I just tried to update my firmware. The update failed and immediately after that I got the same message "Battery Error" What the heck, something clearly happened during the update process and the battery has less than 20 minutes on it.
2017-6-8
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

madispuk Posted at 2017-2-1 09:53
Yep. I have "restarted the modem". Just the endless progressbar.

Any resolution?  I can't get past the rotating progress spinner when I try to get the data files off the Mavic to send in.
2018-2-4
Use props
madispuk
lvl.4
Estonia

mz-in-norcal Posted at 2018-2-4 23:09
Any resolution?  I can't get past the rotating progress spinner when I try to get the data files off the Mavic to send in.

No. I still haven't got it working.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules