Intelligents modes on Inspire 2
5940 36 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Hi,

I just watching tutorials of the Intelligents Modes on the new's aircraft from DJI in YouTube.

I see the Mavic have many more Intelligents Modes than the Inspire 2... the Point of Interest Mode, the Gesture Mode, the selfie mode... in my Inspire One all modes are disable expcept the Free Mode, Tripod, ActiveTrack y TapToFly.

I need some type of firmware update or something? The DJI app is update and connecting the Inspire 2 to the Mac says the had the latest version.

Any ideas?
2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Do you have the latest Go App 4  Installed for  the Inspire 2 ?   You are wanting to know where these tap fly and other features are located at correct ?   I dont own the new Inspire 2 ( Yet ) and I assume If you cant find them, you may have the wrong Go App.  Not 100 % sure on this .  Did you read the manual for the Inspire 2 ?  
Says in the manual must be in P mode to get to Active Trak , tap fly , etc.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +2+User+Manual+.pdf

donnie
2017-1-8
Use props
fansca6a1ad3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys.

I think Titomix is referring to the missing flight modes such as Point of interest, Waypoints and other Intelligent modes that are available on the Mavic, P4 Pro and the Inspire1.

I should be receiving my Inspire2 tomorrow and am looking forward to using the new tracking software such as Spotlight Pro and Active Track but would really like to see the older Intelligent modes activated ASAP.

As far as I know, in the DJI Go4 app there is a message saying 'Coming soon.' This is also what is stated on the info page of the DJI website.

Please could we know when this will be? I use Waypoints and P.O.I quite a lot with my Inspire1 and will definitely need them when working with the Inspire2 .

Thanks,

Rowan.
2017-1-8
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

fansca6a1ad3 Posted at 2017-1-8 11:09
Hi Guys.

I think Titomix is referring to the missing flight modes such as Point of interest, Waypoints and other Intelligent modes that are available on the Mavic, P4 Pro and the Inspire1.

Exactly, sorry for my explanation, i'm spanish and I don't speak english very well...

Is very embarrassing thad modes are available in the Mavic and not in the Inspire 2.

You think Spotlight Pro and ActiveTrack is better option than the older modes? Or are complementary modes?
2017-1-8
Use props
fansca6a1ad3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hey Titomix.

I think the new modes should be great for certain projects such as bikes, cars and a whole load of other stuff. This was one of the main reasons I upgraded. If I can track a Super Bike and rotate around it 360 at the same time I'll be more than happy

Alike yourself though, I'm REALLY hoping that they are complementary to the older modes as they definitely still have their place in surveying and a load of other applications.

I would like to think that the Inspire2 will have all the Intelligent Flight modes of the Mavic or P4Pro. Not only does it cost a load more but it's the latest one to be released so should have all the tech of the others and more.

Has anyone got any info? (Please put our minds at rest DJI

Thanks.

R

2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Hi Guys.

I think the modes he is referring to are available on the Inspire 2 .  I was a bit confused on his question and will let you answer it because you are getting the Inspire 2 very soon .   

Have fun with the I2 and good  Luck

donnie
2017-1-8
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-8 12:57
I think the modes he is referring to are available on the Inspire 2 .  I was a bit confused on his question and will let you answer it because you are getting the Inspire 2 very soon .   

Have fun with the I2 and good  Luck

Some of the modes are currently not available on the I2. It clearly says "comming soon" when looking at the modes page. So probably will be an update soon. (I have the I2)
2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-8 15:14
Some of the modes are currently not available on the I2. It clearly says "comming soon" when looking at the modes page. So probably will be an update soon. (I have the I2)

I must have missed that , thanks cougar

cheers

donnie
2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fansca6a1ad3 Posted at 2017-1-8 12:16
Hey Titomix.

I think the new modes should be great for certain projects such as bikes, cars and a whole load of other stuff. This was one of the main reasons I upgraded. If I can track a Super Bike and rotate around it 360 at the same time I'll be more than happy

That is really lame , they advertised the RTH with obstacle avoidance as a key feature.  (as well as the other features )  I dont like that term  "Coming Soon "  as it gives no definitive timeline as to when you willl be getting the feature , seems strange that it is on the Inspire 1, but not on the 2.  

I guess  my waiting may be a blessing after all, guess I need to read the fine print better LOL , I do have my sites on that Phantom Pro , just need a few more reward points for Best Buy and I will get it .
Let me know please what your experience is like with the I2, I would love to hear your thoughts .

Cheers

donnie
2017-1-9
Use props
Drone Ranger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139360 ft
Australia

Hi Guys.

Dear DJI,

It would be very helpful if you could assist with letting us all know when these "Coming Soon" modes will be released.

I, like no doubt many others, am relying on the I2 to undertake Waypoints and Points of Interest as part of my business service.

DJI ... we all look forward to your earliest advice ... thanks in anticipation.
2017-1-17
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Response is... "coming soon"

Sorry, had to.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Drone Ranger Posted at 2017-1-17 04:09
Dear DJI,

It would be very helpful if you could assist with letting us all know when these "Coming Soon" modes will be released.

We do not have any other time frame other than "soon". Regarding Waypoints, the new Ground Station Pro would be able to take care of that for the time being. You can also use POI with the Ground Station Pro as well.
2017-1-17
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use GS Pro with my Inspire 2 - X5S but it seems it's not compatible with the latest release?

Really hope you guys can fix all this soon. I also really need the functionality of the older Intelligent flight modes..

Cheers

R

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-gs-pro/id1183717144?mt=8  
2017-1-30
Use props
Drone Ranger
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-17 22:06
We do not have any other time frame other than "soon". Regarding Waypoints, the new Ground Station Pro would be able to take care of that for the time being. You can also use POI with the Ground Station Pro as well.

Hi Jamie,

Could you please describe where I could find POI on the GSP?

The version I have downloaded (1.0.2) only shows Virtual Fence, 3DMap & Waypoint Route.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Drone Ranger Posted at 2017-1-30 04:00
Hi Jamie,

Could you please describe where I could find POI on the GSP?

With further digging, the POI function has not been made available yet. The main POI function, 3D Map POI, would have it's own section. This is what we have on it for the time being, which starts at the 1:35 section.

I'm looking into getting a better ETA on POI through the GS Pro, or whether or not it's the "blind leading the blind" on where it is if I'm incorrect with it not being there. I'll keep you posted with what I find.

2017-1-30
Use props
Drone Ranger
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 16:07
With further digging, the POI function has not been made available yet. The main POI function, 3D Map POI, would have it's own section. This is what we have on it for the time being, which starts at the 1:35 section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8G5RJ7kbX0

Thanks Jamie ... it would be great to know as I need to use this POI function ASAP with some of my construction clients.

Thanks in anticipation
2017-1-31
Use props
Skydrone Nederl
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 16:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8G5RJ7kbX0

Hi Jamie,

I saw that it has been a while since anyone replied on this topic so therefore I would like to ask you if there is any news on the release date of the DJI GS Pro app for the Inspire 2.

Do you know when the DJI GS Pro app will be compatible with the Inspire 2?

Kind regards,

Lammert de Graaf
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

the inspire is not for selfy's, sorry to say, i am happy it's not in there, these are play functions for Mavic and Phantom, happy it's not in the Inspire 2
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-17 22:06

Please do not give  us the functions for selfy and other play stuff, keep the inspire 2  as a pro machine.
When you like selfy foto's buy the phantom or mavic.
The spotlight and so on are very good, please leaf the selfy's away from this great pro machine!

Please!

2017-2-9
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-9 10:37
Please do not give  us the functions for selfy and other play stuff, keep the inspire 2  as a pro machine.
When you like selfy foto's buy the phantom or mavic.
The spotlight and so on are very good, please leaf the selfy's away from this great pro machine!

Speak for yourself. Not everyone that owns an Inspire is a professional like yourself. It doesn't hurt you professional Inspire pilots if DJI includes these features for the rest of the world.
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-2-9 10:50
Speak for yourself. Not everyone that owns an Inspire is a professional like yourself. It doesn't hurt you professional Inspire pilots if DJI includes these features for the rest of the world.

I hope not
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Skydrone Nederl Posted at 2017-2-9 09:30
Hi Jamie,

I saw that it has been a while since anyone replied on this topic so therefore I would like to ask you if there is any news on the release date of the DJI GS Pro app for the Inspire 2.

I haven't heard anything, but I'll follow up to see if there's an ETA yet.
2017-2-15
Use props
LdeGraaf
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-15 13:41
I haven't heard anything, but I'll follow up to see if there's an ETA yet.

Hi Jamie, Thank you for replying. Maybe you can keep us updated when a possible release date is known
2017-2-19
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump this... really would like to be able to use all Intelligent Modes on I2.. especially Point of Interest.
2017-2-27
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Mark847 Posted at 2017-2-27 08:50
Bump this... really would like to be able to use all Intelligent Modes on I2.. especially Point of Interest.

I've been more than pleased with the functionality I get with Litchi. Disclaimer: not associated with Litchi, just a satisfied user.
2017-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-9 05:13
That is really lame , they advertised the RTH with obstacle avoidance as a key feature.  (as well as the other features )  I dont like that term  "Coming Soon "  as it gives no definitive timeline as to when you willl be getting the feature , seems strange that it is on the Inspire 1, but not on the 2.  

I guess  my waiting may be a blessing after all, guess I need to read the fine print better LOL , I do have my sites on that Phantom Pro , just need a few more reward points for Best Buy and I will get it .

hey Donnie, they have been refining the waypoints and spotlight pro features. The next FW or Go 4 App will most likely include these features. Like cougar said they released the I2 before finishing the auto features. I remember they did the same think with the first Inspire 1...

I think you will like the P4P for sure

Rich
2017-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-8 15:14

Hi cougar,
did you get my email?  I have been waiting for your reply

thanks
Rich
2017-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The selfie stuff will not be included on the I2. The Spotlight Pro and Waypoints are coming soon...

I hope on the nest FW or Go 4 App release

Rich
2017-2-27
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-27 19:47
The selfie stuff will not be included on the I2. The Spotlight Pro and Waypoints are coming soon...

I hope on the nest FW or Go 4 App release

Spotlight Pro is already here and i love it. Best auto function there is, and point of interest is easy to recreate using active track. So only thing missing is waypoints and that is already available in GS PRO. So i don't see DJI in any hurry to deliver on these.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-27 19:43
Hi cougar,
did you get my email?  I have been waiting for your reply

Hi Rich, sorry did not see anything, checked my spam as well, mind resending?
Cheers mate.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-28 03:42
Spotlight Pro is already here and i love it. Best auto function there is, and point of interest is easy to recreate using active track. So only thing missing is waypoints and that is already available in GS PRO. So i don't see DJI in any hurry to deliver on these.

Well I would really like to see "points of interest" as well as "Home Lock", yes you can do some work around but these modes are very helpful.
2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-27 19:42
hey Donnie, they have been refining the waypoints and spotlight pro features. The next FW or Go 4 App will most likely include these features. Like cougar said they released the I2 before finishing the auto features. I remember they did the same think with the first Inspire 1...

I think you will like the P4P for sure

I am going to get it soon ( at our age it's not like we don't have the money ) I just have to keep justifying it in my mind.  If I did not have a store room full of old Helicopters and airplanes and outdated radios this would be an easy decisoion.  I mean I can hardly give the stuff away , Keep waiting for some young person that wants to get into Rc and just give him some of my old airplanes and what not .  I have like nexus 30 helicopters, an Old Schluter Champion , I/4 scale Taylorcraft  and the list goes on .  Never seem   seem to get around to flying them since my dream of flying with a camera came true.

all the best my friend

( then you lived my dream of being a real helicopter pilot.......I am SO  envious !  )

donnie

2017-2-28
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:41
I've been more than pleased with the functionality I get with Litchi. Disclaimer: not associated with Litchi, just a satisfied user.

Have you used Lichti in Android? I may have to try it.. just kind of wary about my drone just flying off. Heard some stories but im sure dji Go has stories as well.
2017-2-28
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Mark847 Posted at 2017-2-28 08:23
Have you used Lichti in Android? I may have to try it.. just kind of wary about my drone just flying off. Heard some stories but im sure dji Go has stories as well.

No, I'm using an iPad......and I carry a Trackimo in case of fly off. Fly off has happened to others with DJI Go4, too, if the compass isn't cal'ed properly.
2017-2-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-28 03:42

Hi Jon
Thanks for correcting me and you are right.... my mistake.  sorry about that

Rich
2017-2-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-28 04:21
Well I would really like to see "points of interest" as well as "Home Lock", yes you can do some work around but these modes are very helpful.

Thanks cougar got your message

Rich
2017-2-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-28 05:15
I am going to get it soon ( at our age it's not like we don't have the money ) I just have to keep justifying it in my mind.  If I did not have a store room full of old Helicopters and airplanes and outdated radios this would be an easy decisoion.  I mean I can hardly give the stuff away , Keep waiting for some young person that wants to get into Rc and just give him some of my old airplanes and what not .  I have like nexus 30 helicopters, an Old Schluter Champion , I/4 scale Taylorcraft  and the list goes on .  Never seem   seem to get around to flying them since my dream of flying with a camera came true.

all the best my friend

Hi Donnie
I have the same problem... so many things (old stuff collecting dust) and it is hard to justify more.  

Thanks for all of efforts on the forum!

Regards
Rich
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules