Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horrible live view quality/reliability P3P (v1.10.90)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GPLR
Flight distance : 2194390 ft
France

Hi
Since the update, the live view is pretty bad, the image is scrambled, choppy after like 50 metres unless I fly in an open field, this is both on a Nexus 7 2013 with a freshly reinstalled Android Marshmallow, and an iPhone 6S that I've been using since I got the Phantom, without problems just like the Nexus. It seems the live view in photo mode is smoother than in video mode, which is a shame ! I think the recent DJI GO (Android) update fixed the failing reconnection issue, but the live view is still very bad.
How far can I downgrade all my equipment to get back to a workable state ?
I can't seem to change RF settings/channels on the Android tablet with the "custom" button next to "Auto". On the iphone, the option isn't even there.
The previous firmware upgrade was a nightmare, it would disconnect and then not reconnect automatically when the drone would come back closer to me.
When firmware 1.9.6 was out, and I had problems, I tried to downgrade the remote (or was it the aircraft), but then the other part wouldn't connect at all, and I couldn't even take off because of this incompatibility. So I reluctantly upgraded again, and now I have these issues.
I sure hope DJI is not crippling the P3P to push us to upgrade. And I hope there'll be an update to fix this bad live view issue.
I want to know how to downgrade everything to v1.8.8.

App version (android & iOS) 3.1.1
Aircraft 1.10.90
Remote 1.8.0
2017-1-8
Use props
GPLR
France

I downgraded the remote to 1.5.8, now the Phantom won't take off even though I've got the live view.I downgraded to 1.6 instead, and it takes off. I'll see tomorrow by daylight if the live view is OK.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, please make sure you have hardware decoding enabled and turn off all other background programs.
Please check the HD page for the interference when you notice the issue, also provide us a video showing the live video quality, we'd like to help you on it.
2017-1-8
Use props
GPLR
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-8 20:27
Sorry to hear about the issue, please make sure you have hardware decoding enabled and turn off all other background programs.
Please check the HD page for the interference when you notice the issue, also provide us a video showing the live video quality, we'd like to help you on it.

Thanks for willing to help. I looked at the video cache from this afternoon and everything is smooth, even though I clearly remember the live view being choppy and blocky at times.
Something is going on with the app, at least on my Nexus. I can't find the setting for hardware decoding in the app, I know there's one on the iphone. I've had this tablet since april and the live view has always been very good. I don't know why the performance has got worse (as I said, I have reinstalled the latest Android Marshmallow to be sure it's not a software issue).
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPLR Posted at 2017-1-9 18:55
Thanks for willing to help. I looked at the video cache from this afternoon and everything is smooth, even though I clearly remember the live view being choppy and blocky at times.
Something is going on with the app, at least on my Nexus. I can't find the setting for hardware decoding in the app, I know there's one on the iphone. I've had this tablet since april and the live view has always been very good. I don't know why the performance has got worse (as I said, I have reinstalled the latest Android Marshmallow to be sure it's not a software issue).

There is no hardware decoding on an android device.
Have you tested it again after you downgraded the RC firmware to 1.6?
2017-1-10
Use props
GPLR
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-10 00:27
There is no hardware decoding on an android device.
Have you tested it again after you downgraded the RC firmware to 1.6?

The latest iphone Go app works well, live view is smooth. Same location, latest android Go app, live view is choppy all the time and blocky at times, as if there were interferences (nothing with the iphone app). I've tried with the latest Marshmallow build a few weeks ago, and yesterday I wiped-restored my Nexus 7 (2013) to the latest Lollipop (5.1.1 / LMY48T) to see if that would be easier on the CPU, but nope, still choppy video feedback.
Is there a way to roll back to an older version of the Go app for android ? I should have made backups, if only I knew it would be needed right now...
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPLR Posted at 2017-3-19 18:43
The latest iphone Go app works well, live view is smooth. Same location, latest android Go app, live view is choppy all the time and blocky at times, as if there were interferences (nothing with the iphone app). I've tried with the latest Marshmallow build a few weeks ago, and yesterday I wiped-restored my Nexus 7 (2013) to the latest Lollipop (5.1.1 / LMY48T) to see if that would be easier on the CPU, but nope, still choppy video feedback.
Is there a way to roll back to an older version of the Go app for android ? I should have made backups, if only I knew it would be needed right now...

Hope this link helps: https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2017-3-19
Use props
GPLR
France

Thanks. I found that website yesterday and proceeded to download then go try v3.1.2 then 3.1.1 then 3.1.0 all on the same location. Live view was choppy and blocky on all versions. The ghosting was insane and I was only 20 metres from the aircraft.
The live view file recorded by the app, when played back in VLC on the tablet, was smooth (but still the same blocky artifacts and impossible ghosting).
See the video I posted from the tablet, untouched. I'm not even flying fast or with obstacles between me and the aircraft. This is unacceptable and I shouldn't have to get an iPad for flying in normal conditions. I'll try the latest update tomorrow but I'm not expecting a miracle. I hope I'm wrong.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPLR Posted at 2017-3-21 16:12
Thanks. I found that website yesterday and proceeded to download then go try v3.1.2 then 3.1.1 then 3.1.0 all on the same location. Live view was choppy and blocky on all versions. The ghosting was insane and I was only 20 metres from the aircraft.
The live view file recorded by the app, when played back in VLC on the tablet, was smooth (but still the same blocky artifacts and impossible ghosting).
See the video I posted from the tablet, untouched. I'm not even flying fast or with obstacles between me and the aircraft. This is unacceptable and I shouldn't have to get an iPad for flying in normal conditions. I'll try the latest update tomorrow but I'm not expecting a miracle. I hope I'm wrong.

That's not smooth image transmission.
The mobile device may be not powerful enough, please use a more recent model if still the same case after you try the latest update.
2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-22 01:46
That's not smooth image transmission.
The mobile device may be not powerful enough, please use a more recent model if still the same case after you try the latest update.

The list gets longer...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7787&fromuid=127639
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9786&fromuid=127639
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9761&fromuid=127639
4 (FOUR!) actual posts in a row.

DJI, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-22 15:05
The list gets longer...

Appreciate your feedback and we'd like to help.
While we need do some troubleshooting firstly, thanks for your understanding and we follow up in your original post.
2017-3-23
Use props
PGPGP
France

The list gets longer...

Thanks for pointing this out, it's the exact same kind of scrambled video that I have since I don't know when. When I got the tablet in april 2016 the video feed was normal (or i'd have returned the tablet). Then probably after the 1.8 update it got messy like everyone with an Android device...
My Nexus 7 is "old" by computing standards but I see people with Galaxy S7 having the same issues...
Just from the looks of the interface between iOS and Android Go apps, you know DJI doesn't care about Android. The app still has the old small fonts, button layout at the top...
2017-3-26
Use props
PGPGP
France

More testing with the Nexus 7, and it's obvious that the android app gets overloaded with video data pretty fast. Live view starts smooth, then after a few seconds it gets choppy, and it keeps getting more choppy over time. As of now, the Nexus 7 2013 is still in the list of supported devices. This is misleading if you consider that the device is too old. If the choppy live view is present on more recent devices, then please fix the app ASAP...

20/04/17 Nexus 7 supported

20/04/17 Nexus 7 supported
2017-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PGPGP Posted at 2017-4-20 18:44
More testing with the Nexus 7, and it's obvious that the android app gets overloaded with video data pretty fast. Live view starts smooth, then after a few seconds it gets choppy, and it keeps getting more choppy over time. As of now, the Nexus 7 2013 is still in the list of supported devices. This is misleading if you consider that the device is too old. If the choppy live view is present on more recent devices, then please fix the app ASAP...

Do yourself a favour and get an iPad, then you won't have the problem. Android sucks.
2017-4-20
Use props
quikdom
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with my Nexus 7.  When I bought the Nexus 7 16 months ago the live feed was spot on.  I flew yesterday using Litchi and DJI app and both had roughly the same amount of interference. I've used both apps last year with no interference.  Since then there has been a couple of firmware and software update so something has changed.

I only use the Nexus for the P3P, next time I am out I will try with my Sony xperia Z1.

At the moment with the Nexus 7 the P3P is unusable.
2017-4-24
Use props
Loadnabox
New
United States

The list gets longer...

Mark my post as #5

I'm glad to know it's not just me.  Unfortunately my bird was in the shop so long that it left a lot of variables including app, firmware, phone OS, in addition to possible bad repairs from DJI.

This is confirming my suspicions that it has something to do with the updates
2017-4-24
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 03:13
Appreciate your feedback and we'd like to help.
While we need do some troubleshooting firstly, thanks for your understanding and we follow up in your original post.

Any news on that subject?
See also new posts here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=127639
Thanks in advance for a response.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-4-24 14:26
Any news on that subject?
See also new posts here:

Our engineers are aware of this case, they are testing on the new firmware recently, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-4-25
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This is also happening to me and iam useing an ipad 4 mini with 3.1.10 the p3p has the lastest firmware and the remote to, ive never really had any problems with this drone untill  the last update, please help.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans55ae5496
Captain

United States

Inadvertantly updated the app to 3.1.8. My pixelated view of what the camera sees is still pixelated, though with a different pattern. The image is now divided up into blocks of video composed of "pixels" that are perhaps 10 x 10 actual pixels.

How does one downgrade the app on IOS?

DJI, please allow us to use the product we purchased without the experience being degraded by performing "upgrades" to application software or device firmware.

My device is a iPad Mini 2 with WiFi 32GB with a P3P.

The pixelated view was not there  with previous versions of the app.
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules