Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Go app crashes when livestreaming to facebook
1162 5 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xzces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Aruba

I haven't got a single crash issue with the Dji go (and dji pilot) app ever since I got my inspire 1 (that's close to 2 years now). I tried live streaming today, since I thought it would be cool to show some live footage from the beach to my friends back home. I'm currently on vacation in Aruba and made a couple of beautiful shots from the nice beaches here.

Somehow, the app keeps crashing whenever I go live. It waits for a couple of seconds and then quits. I can see the connection timer in the upper left corner and it stays on 00:00.
I'm using the app on an android 4.2 sony xperia z3 compact tablet. While this is an old version of android I've never had any problems with it. I keep most my apps updated and everything works fine, furthermore my battery life is astonishing! So personally I doubt it has to do with the android version, unless someone states otherwise. I'm also using the wifi connection to connect to my phone's hotspot.

I have the dec 16 firmware installed on the inspire. Since I'm abroad I don't want to go through the hassle of updating. Everything except live streaming works so I'll upgrade when I'm back home.

Has anyone else experienced this?
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, please keep us posted after you upgrade.
2017-1-9
Use props
ringlis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

I am also having this problem.  I have the Phantom 4 pro plus with the build in DJI screen, I use my phone as a hotspot, the DJIGo App is connected.  When I press the facebook or youtube live stream the app crashes.

I also did an update two days ago, so I have the most current version on the copter and controller.
2017-6-18
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Can you check the cpu load on your tablet? I suspect it can't really handle so much load on your ageing tablet.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ringlis Posted at 2017-6-18 13:14
I am also having this problem.  I have the Phantom 4 pro plus with the build in DJI screen, I use my phone as a hotspot, the DJIGo App is connected.  When I press the facebook or youtube live stream the app crashes.

I also did an update two days ago, so I have the most current version on the copter and controller.

I'm assuming that this occurred right after the update, or did you have a successful livestream prior to this happening? Did you ensure that you were logged into Facebook prior to setting up for live streaming? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, it will crash right when you select the livestream option, or does it happen further into the process (FB/YT login etc.)? Does you hotspot connection seem stable?
2017-6-20
Use props
ringlis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

I am able to connect to facebook, however, youtube still crashes the dji app.  
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules