Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compatible Devices for Mavic
17105 31 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mavic Forum people.
I know that the compatible android devices are as follow's:

Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

I have a Moto Z force and it keeps crashing during flight...Obviously I can't use my phone.   I have an iPad Air2, but we all know that I cannot really use that as well because it does not fit into the remote...(app version 4.0.1)(DJI version 01.03.0200)

SO, question is:  What can I do?

Try and rig up something for my Air2?
Go out and get an iPhone 7Plus (This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.)?
Wait until DJI can get the Moto Z force to work with the app?
Get a smaller iPad that will fit into the controller?

Any help from any of you reading this (especially DJI) would be awesome.  
2017-1-9
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any suggestions from anyone??
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

iPod,iPad mini 4, or wait for crystalsky
2017-1-10
Use props
luvtofly
lvl.1

United States

I must have got lucky I have a Motorola droid turbo,that so far (fingers crossed)works perfect.Im a newbie but heres a dumb question did you restart everything including the phone after firmware update?
2017-1-10
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

running a ipad mini 4 with cell service, not activated yet,  and so far works great,  great fit in holder,    You can pick up  the ipad mini 3  16gb wifi only on ebay for  around 100.00 if you watch,  or  check craigs/list in your area,  I got a great deal on mine,  had orginal receipt, so no issues, and transfer to me a apple store,  I also have the dji hood,  little small for the Ipad, but still works,  and minor mods, would be great, use your points if you have any from getting the mavic,,,  I chose the Ipad min 4 so I could use it in the for future,  as the basic ipad mini 1st edition is  not supported with dji go 4..  I also have my phone  a  Samsung s5 set up,  just incase I have a issue,,, you know,  back up props,  batteries,,  lol
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The least expensive option you have it to use the Air2 and purchase an aftermarket device holder that several people and companies have 3D printed for the Mavic.
2017-1-10
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

luvtofly Posted at 2017-1-10 11:17
I must have got lucky I have a Motorola droid turbo,that so far (fingers crossed)works perfect.Im a newbie but heres a dumb question did you restart everything including the phone after firmware update?

Yes, I was a new phone sent to me due to an issue I had w/ my original one.  Deleted it, reinstalled it, same issue.
2017-1-11
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-10 10:42
iPod,iPad mini 4, or wait for crystalsky

Thanks.  I'll look into that...The crystalsky maybe the coolest option.
2017-1-11
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-10 12:26
running a ipad mini 4 with cell service, not activated yet,  and so far works great,  great fit in holder,    You can pick up  the ipad mini 3  16gb wifi only on ebay for  around 100.00 if you watch,  or  check craigs/list in your area,  I got a great deal on mine,  had orginal receipt, so no issues, and transfer to me a apple store,  I also have the dji hood,  little small for the Ipad, but still works,  and minor mods, would be great, use your points if you have any from getting the mavic,,,  I chose the Ipad min 4 so I could use it in the for future,  as the basic ipad mini 1st edition is  not supported with dji go 4..  I also have my phone  a  Samsung s5 set up,  just incase I have a issue,,, you know,  back up props,  batteries,,  lol

LOL.  I see your back up point.  I am thinking of going to the Apple store and checking out different iPad's...but I may wait until the crystalsky (sp?) thing comes out.
2017-1-11
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-10 13:19
The least expensive option you have it to use the Air2 and purchase an aftermarket device holder that several people and companies have 3D printed for the Mavic.

Ken, thank you.  I have spoken to my DJI autherized dealer here in Colorado and they are working on a few options such as this.  I may wait until that crystalsky (sp?) device comes out.  BUT, I may what cell service to help load maps when I'm out in the field....hummm
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-11 04:55
Ken, thank you.  I have spoken to my DJI autherized dealer here in Colorado and they are working on a few options such as this.  I may wait until that crystalsky (sp?) device comes out.  BUT, I may what cell service to help load maps when I'm out in the field....hummm

You can also use your phone as a hotspot to load maps.
2017-1-11
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-11 07:28
You can also use your phone as a hotspot to load maps.

Good point.  Thanks
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

If you guys need the best remote adapter on the planet visit mavicpad.com.  I just ordered one and they are legit.  Will be we need another adapter ever again.
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Sorry mavicmount.com
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Best mount ever period. Can't be done any better.
2017-1-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

FYI: neither of those urls work
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Jeez sorry guys it's mavmount.com
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

This is what it looks like.  Pricey but worth every penny.
20170103_111007-600x600.jpg
2017-1-12
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's mavmount.com, I have one for my nvidia shield. It's a little pricey but is pretty solid built. There is added weight but still feels ok. Strong clamp grips the tablet really well. Won't slip. Has a decent balance to it, I think it feels better with this adapter in the mavic controller than using this tablet in my p3p controller.
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

That's what I have too a Nvidia shield.  Haven't came across anything better.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-12 17:14
Good point.  Thanks

No problem at all, have a great weekend.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Regarding the Moto Z Force: Motorola devices usually come with an Android that is very similar to the Android the Nexus devices get. I know that Motorola do not change Android system components to an extend like e.g. Samsung. That is why I am surprised that it does not work. The only description you give is "it keeps crashing during flight". That happens on my phone, too. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it crashes 3 times in a minute and once or twice the whole device froze and had to be restarted. Nonetheless, I'd generally say "it's working but DJI have to improve it further".

It might be that you are experiencing crashes that you will also see on officially supported devices. So, be ware that a new device might not lead to better results in terms of app stability.
2017-1-13
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-13 07:57
Regarding the Moto Z Force: Motorola devices usually come with an Android that is very similar to the Android the Nexus devices get. I know that Motorola do not change Android system components to an extend like e.g. Samsung. That is why I am surprised that it does not work. The only description you give is "it keeps crashing during flight". That happens on my phone, too. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it crashes 3 times in a minute and once or twice the whole device froze and had to be restarted. Nonetheless, I'd generally say "it's working but DJI have to improve it further".

It might be that you are experiencing crashes that you will also see on officially supported devices. So, be ware that a new device might not lead to better results in terms of app stability.

Dronoob,  Thanks.  Yes, I agree with you.  Mine "crashes" almost all of the time...sometimes once, sometimes twice and sometimes I can't even get it to work at all.   I have set it up with my iPad Air2 and have not had any issues with that.  The Air2 is a supported device.  I also was have some major other issues with the Moto Z and just got a replacement device.  I have not had a chance to test this one...however, regardless if it works or not, it is still not a supported device for the Mavic.  
2017-1-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-13 08:48
Dronoob,  Thanks.  Yes, I agree with you.  Mine "crashes" almost all of the time...sometimes once, sometimes twice and sometimes I can't even get it to work at all.   I have set it up with my iPad Air2 and have not had any issues with that.  The Air2 is a supported device.  I also was have some major other issues with the Moto Z and just got a replacement device.  I have not had a chance to test this one...however, regardless if it works or not, it is still not a supported device for the Mavic.

As I explained in another thread (List of supported devices for Android - comment) the list of supported devices does not say as much as people think it does. Of course, there are hardware specific things to consider but generally Android developers develop for Android versions and not for specific devices. Do not take it too serious. I have one of the supported devices and seen crashes on it, too.
And do not forget: Although they are looking similar, the Android and iOS versions are technically totally different. You can have a great app on iOS and a bad one on Android or the other way round. Just saying, it might not be the device that decides if the app runs in a stable way or crashes every now and then.
2017-1-13
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-13 09:56
As I explained in another thread (List of supported devices for Android - comment) the list of supported devices does not say as much as people think it does. Of course, there are hardware specific things to consider but generally Android developers develop for Android versions and not for specific devices. Do not take it too serious. I have one of the supported devices and seen crashes on it, too.
And do not forget: Although they are looking similar, the Android and iOS versions are technically totally different. You can have a great app on iOS and a bad one on Android or the other way round. Just saying, it might not be the device that decides if the app runs in a stable way or crashes every now and then.

Well, I took it out twice now and have not had any issue since I got the replacement phone...time will tell.
2017-1-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

crashing on my motorola moto x play was due to too many background apps running and not set in Airplane mode,  since stopping background apps and using airplane mode it hasnt crashed since, ( i wish i hadnt said that ! LOL)  if its an important flight i also power cycle it it too.  since finding that out, i have also found users near me getting a more stable flight on Go app's by reducing the bit rate of the transmitted video.  hope it helps.
2017-1-15
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-15 15:07
crashing on my motorola moto x play was due to too many background apps running and not set in Airplane mode,  since stopping background apps and using airplane mode it hasnt crashed since, ( i wish i hadnt said that ! LOL)  if its an important flight i also power cycle it it too.  since finding that out, i have also found users near me getting a more stable flight on Go app's by reducing the bit rate of the transmitted video.  hope it helps.

MikeQView, thanks...I will try that as well.
2017-1-15
Use props
fans52b706e1
lvl.1
United States

http://www.mavmount.com/
2017-1-25
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info
2017-1-25
Use props
fansb1cce346
New

United States

I was planning on getting a crystal sky monitor does it have built in GPS or does it get it's position from the/a hotspoted phone.
2017-7-15
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-1-12 18:17
This is what it looks like.  Pricey but worth every penny.

I agree, I had to buy 2 different holders before i ran across the mavmount and the rest is history.
2017-7-15
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United States

how about the note 5?
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules