Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My maiden flight of the I2
1212 10 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the drone I was looking for when I bought the I1.  While the 1 did pretty much what I wanted, the I2 surpasses all my expectations.  Its rock stable and the FPV camera was good enough.  There was no required upgrade out of the box, the registration process was effortless.  I ordered on the last day of 2016 and got my bird nine days later, sans x4s.  Gotta get more batteries!  Can't wait to build my new kit up.  Probably donate my old I1 to the local SAR group.  Thanks DJI for the upgrade, should have given it another name like "Graceful Crane"!
2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Awesome egg, hope you enjoy it and share some videos.

cheers

donnie
2017-1-10
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will as soon as DJI sends my camera.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Great to hear you're enjoying it thus far.
2017-1-12
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am enjoying it.  The fit, finish and flight have given me a lot of confidence over the Inspire 1.
2017-1-18
Use props
oc396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

Two thumbs up!
2017-1-18
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bought 4 more batts and the second controller and got the X4s.  Everything is fantastic.
2017-1-21
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United States

Rather than start my own thread, I just wanted to say that having had my I2 for just over a week but not flown until this past weekend, I can't stop grinning. Even though the temperatures are hardly getting above 0C and my fingers are numb, it's just so impressive. It's only Monday and my colleagues are bored with me showing them the photos/videos. Not sure how I can survive 5 days of work before getting out again.
2017-1-23
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flew up in Mammoth Lakes.  

Flying from the Snowcreek office parking lot I was able to fly up and over Mammoth Rock but I got a warning about exceeding motor load.

DJI where is my high altitude blades?  Order Number:  0010652896587

For two days the camera operator system worked flawlessly using a Samsung note 4, but on the third day we lost the video feed but still had control over the main camera, there were no cold warnings and the tablet worked great otherwise.  

The battery warming system worked great as we flew in below zero condition.

Very impressed with the X4s camera being able to hold details of the white snow in sun and shadow areas side by side.   So we able to see skiers in the shadows of deep crevices lit in full sunlight on both sides with no noise.  

The new reseted camera lens had no noticeable lens flair and there was no lens fogging.  

The sharpness of the image was incredible and other than a technical difficulty with the video signal there where no other bugs to report.

Didn't get a chance to try out any of the auto functions.   
2017-1-29
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Egg....

I am so happy to hear your nice words regarding the new Inspire 2. I am waiting to get one, but hopefully soon ( )

Post some first videos showing the new X4S camera quality  
All the best!
Rich
2017-1-29
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Very nice idea donating the 1 to SAR.... they'll really appreciate it, I'm sure.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules