Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mavic crashed
2743 10 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sergey Lazarev
lvl.1

Russia

Today was a very bad day for my copter
My friends and I rented a car trip
from the start the problems started with the remote control and the phone connection:
Turn on the drone, turn control - gps catches on the console is written ready to go but when I connect the phone says error RC nesskolkih after rebooting the phone and the remote link appeared.

I installed the drone to the ground, he has caught the signal recorded Homepoint, I have tried to indicate that the remote Homepoin but he has shown an error.

Next we went to the car and filmed the trip primerono within 1 kilometer link again wrote mistake copter swung and a bullet flew by us in homepoint, poksolku road was meandering in the way he had the trees and the drone at high speed crashed into a tree and then there hung.

Damage:
1. broken landing gear leg
2. The broken glass gimbal
3. scratched dent on the second leg
4. broken all 4 screws

Actually I understand what were my mistakes but also to the DJI I have some questions:

1. why, after a loss of communication drone can hang 30-60 seconds to restore the connection, if the battery is sufficiently charged (in my case, the charge was 80-90%)
2. why the return takes place at such a high speed if the distance allows, and charge the battery?

soon I'll post video of the flight and fall, and error logs.

2017-1-9
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Well atleast the joker can finally get his answer "DJI"
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash. Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in for further evaluation?
2017-1-10
Use props
Sergey Lazarev
lvl.1

Russia

please tell what type of plastic used in the hull? need to glue it
2017-1-10
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

So many questions...

Was the Return to Home height set correctly?
Was all that damage really cause by it getting hung up in the tree, or the process of trying to get it down?

Not sure I would try to control a drone from inside a car.  Especially a higher-end one like a Rangie that likely has solar glass which could significantly limit signal propagation.

Sorry for your loss.  You had some nice video going there up until the crash.
2017-1-10
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

The RTH height looks way to small. Please note that the RTH height is set based on the home point. If you start moving away going upwards, the drone can be 2m above ground but 50m above home point. In that case it will keep the height of 2m and fly back. I think it was written in the manual, that tiny obstacles like wires or branches might not be detected properly by the obstacle avoidance system.
I have also noticed that the RC connection to the drone gets weak when I am close to a car or inside a car.
2017-1-10
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Sergey Lazarev Posted at 2017-1-10 06:48
please tell what type of plastic used in the hull? need to glue it

This should be written inside the plastic parts somewhere for recycling reasons.
2017-1-11
Use props
Sergey Lazarev
lvl.1

Russia

Friends I glued his mavik)

Used with epoxy MOMENT, as a bandage of elastic bands for money

make a photo before and after gluing, can someone come in handy)

Test flight was successful, rising to a height of 300m and fly to 1km, returned safely)

Regarding loss of RC when it was just in the program DJI GO, symptoms are: constantly disconnects the connection and complains of loss of RC, bullets writes the Check APP, you come to the program and it says Disconnected, is solved by uninstalling the program, cleaning all folders with the word from DJI and a new install (after these manipulations, the problem disappeared)
IMG_20170110_152232.jpg
IMG_20170117_172032.jpg
IMG_20170117_172152.jpg
2017-1-17
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

Sergey Lazarev Posted at 2017-1-17 06:42

I am amazed you were able to get it operable again.  I have to say congrats!
2017-1-17
Use props
Vita
lvl.1

Russia

Sergey Lazarev Posted at 2017-1-17 06:42

Сергей, подскажите, после того как заклеили луч в процессе дальнейшей эксплуатации проблем не было? Имеется аналогичная ситуация как у вас: задний правый луч в том же месте.
2018-3-11
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RTH height fail
Operating from inside moving car fail
Wrong antenna orientation (above and behind RC) fail

on a positive note.... you repaired it, so happy flying in future.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules