Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Red outline on objects on my screen WHY?
14548 18 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ferdie2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113225 ft
United States

I don't know what I touched, but now all objects on my iphone screen are outlined with red and will not record video.  Can someone adivse me on how to disable this setting. Thanks
2017-1-11
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Im not sure as to why you cannot record video.

It sounds like you have turned on the setting which highlights objects red which the camera recognises to be truly in focus.  This is very useful when using MANUAL focus and adjusting it yourself.  

Sadly, for the life of me, I cant think where this setting is in the app nor what its called. Sorry!    Im sure someone else will be able to advise. At least you know what this is likely to be though now
2017-1-11
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124304 ft
Netherlands

It's what Gibbd said. I can't find the setting without the AC connected, but as I remember correctly it's called "Focus peak threshold", somewhere in settings.........  Will try to connect the aircraft and see if I can find it in half an hour.
I think that you mean that the red lines are not recorded?
UPDATE:
It's called Peak Focus Treshold under General settings. Set that to none and the red lines will disapear.

2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the screenshot for your reference.
peak focus.png
2017-1-11
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Be really nice if the DJI software engineers could include focus peaking in Android as well as iOS PLEASE
2017-1-11
Use props
Ferdie2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113225 ft
United States

Thanks guys
2017-1-11
Use props
BoxCar043
lvl.1
United States

Jimney Posted at 2017-1-11 03:59
Be really nice if the DJI software engineers could include focus peaking in Android as well as iOS PLEASE

Android has Focus Peaking, I use it all the time and I use my Galaxy S7 all the time I don't have a IOS in my arsenal but only a mac pro desktop computer at home which I use for my post production. The only feature I don't like is that if you want to learn your app you have to turn everything on or watch other people on youtube.lol It's a shame that it's not more like the bebop APP you can't just open the app and and play around with where all the menus and settings are. Turn on everything, connect the unit and phone,  just to open up a app. crazy weird. WWHAT?? lol
2017-6-25
Use props
BoxCar043
lvl.1
United States

BoxCar043 Posted at 2017-6-25 14:14
Android has Focus Peaking, I use it all the time and I use my Galaxy S7 all the time I don't have a IOS in my arsenal but only a mac pro desktop computer at home which I use for my post production. The only feature I don't like is that if you want to learn your app you have to turn everything on or watch other people on youtube.lol It's a shame that it's not more like the bebop APP you can't just open the app and and play around with where all the menus and settings are. Turn on everything, connect the unit and phone,  just to open up a app. crazy weird. WWHAT?? lol

Im wrong You know what I'm sorry lol I am wrong I don't know if it has focus peaking I got mixed up. Focus peaking is on my Osmo Pro x5 camera APP on android. I'm sure they will add it eventually since it's on the Osmo Pro x5 DJI go APP. The app is different than the Mavic APP. The same APP the inspire 1-2 uses, the Osmo series cameras use as well. DJI GO (Osmo)  DJI Go 4 (Mavic Pro)

My Apologize again
2017-6-25
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-11 02:57
Here is the screenshot for your reference.

would this be the same on Phantom 3 Advanced
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-7-16 13:47
would this be the same on Phantom 3 Advanced

No, Phantom 3 Advanced do not have focus feature, it's infinite.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans41a25be0
New
United States

I actually had the same thing happen to me, but I was unable to find the Focus Peaking Threshold under General Settings. After searching around a bit, i did find it under the toggle for the camera settings (the pic of the sliders just below the record button on your screen) when that menu comes up, select settings, then scroll down to the bottom and there it is.
2018-1-27
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

@BoxCar043

It is available (at this date) on Android & P4P. BUT for those of you who try to look it up at where DJI Mindy was pointing, well on Android it is not there.
You will find it at: Click on the 3 horizontal bar with dots just below the video record button then Setting (at top right)  then scroll down for find  'Focus Peaking Threshold' then set it up to whatever, in this case Close.

I would like to thanks to DJI for not closing this thread. Some forums, do close thread if it has been answered and solved, but after a while things changes, like software versions etc.
Things that where available under an OS is now available etc. I don't see any reason to close a thread.My DJI GO app is V 4.2.12 Android.

Bat
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Is it now recording video - after changing Peak Focus Threshold back to None?
Or was not recording video due to something else?

Wondering in case it would happen to me in future.
2018-5-2
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-2 10:42
Is it now recording video - after changing Peak Focus Threshold back to None?
Or was not recording video due to something else?

@Hedge Trimmer
I would be suprised that the 'Peadk Focus Threshold' would prevent the camera from taking video.
IMHO, it was probably caused by something else.

Bat
2018-5-2
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I agree with @capbat I am able to turn on and off focus peak threshold and it does nothing as far as enabling or disabling video taking.  I would bet it is something else.  Give it a test.  Turn on and off focus peak and see if you are able to record both times.  I am sure you can.  
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

capbat Posted at 2018-5-2 10:59
@Hedge Trimmer
I would be suprised that the &aposeadk Focus Threshold' would prevent the camera from taking video.
IMHO, it was probably caused by something else.

I figured it was worth asking.  
With all flaky things that seem to crop-up, I could envision latest firmware update causing a problem that involved both.   
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-2 11:17
I agree with @capbat I am able to turn on and off focus peak threshold and it does nothing as far as enabling or disabling video taking.  I would bet it is something else.  Give it a test.  Turn on and off focus peak and see if you are able to record both times.  I am sure you can.

I'll give it a try.  
2018-5-2
Use props
djiuser_cRiUnK5guA5Y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2184895 ft
United States

Go to the camera settings  push peak focus and go to clear and  it will be gone
2019-2-12
Use props
fans506bfe6c
lvl.2
Netherlands

Would someone please explain what the setting "Peak Focus Threshold" does and why there are three percentage levels?
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules