Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Leave your comments here.
2017-1-11
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

upgraded the controller and quad i guess firt time didnt work but now all seems well havent flown but software update shows app version also shows me aircraft firmware version as well
2017-1-11
Use props
EssenceArtistry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16184 ft
United States

I updated my firmware this morning and now the video is choppy.  Video will freeze for a bit then jerk forward.  Before the firmware update, video was smooth.  Is this a known problem with this firmware update?  Is there anything I can do to again have smooth video?  I'll be happy to upload an example.
2017-1-11
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

EssenceArtistry Posted at 2017-1-11 12:14
I updated my firmware this morning and now the video is choppy.  Video will freeze for a bit then jerk forward.  Before the firmware update, video was smooth.  Is this a known problem with this firmware update?  Is there anything I can do to again have smooth video?  I'll be happy to upload an example.

Doesn't sound good
2017-1-11
Use props
Weicheng-bolt
New

United States

Same, I just got my P3S and the video feed was smooth in the previous update but it lags now
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you're using to connect the remote?  
Please make sure the environment is suitable for flight, and turn off all background programs, if you use an iOS device, please enable "hardware decoding".
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Weicheng-bolt Posted at 2017-1-11 20:00
Same, I just got my P3S and the video feed was smooth in the previous update but it lags now

May I know how long it lags?
Please help confirm the model and mobile system of your device, restarting makes no sense, right?
How about the environment for the flight?
2017-1-12
Use props
DaveH_au
lvl.2

Australia

Hi, I have only had my P3S since Christmas. The only issues were it reported "Unknown Version", It would not tell me there were updates available even though once it did say version 1.2.40.
It could not advise the flight control serial number.
Once I got past beginner mode it would not go very far without having connection issues so as long as I stayed close I could still fly.
All of these did not affect its flight & I was able to use it.

I purchased a second battery and after charging it found that there was something wrong with it.  DJI Go advised it had a broken cell and to stop using the battery.  It was returned and the shop replaced it.

I had waited patiently to see if the problem DJI was having would be resolved and today I was prompted that it needed an update from the app.  Normally I would not jump straight into a new update but I was keen to go a bit farther away and hoped the update would increase my distance.

The update went through no problems at all, although some of the flashing lights and beeps get a bit daunting. After it finished it powered up and connected no problem.  When I inserted the second battery the app said I needed an update again.  I went through and the process was a bit quicker.

After it was all finished it was time for a test.  I restarted the app, restarted the RC & the AC. Re-calibrated the Compass. I used the auto take-off. This is where everything went wrong..  It lifted off and would not stabilise. The more I corrected it the worse it got.  It would not hover and was extremely twitchy.  I found that all the sticks were reversed but if I went down on the throttle to land it would shoot straight up!
Slightly up on the left stick got it to come down again low enough for me to grab it and do a csc.  When I checked the remote controller calibration each stick would jump to 100% opposite the direction it was moves then at about 30% across it would jump to the correct direction and continue normal.  Very confusing.

So WARNING: If you do an update please remember to also check the remote controller calibration before flying..

Thanks DJI, I thoroughly enjoy this little machine, and thanks to every one who helps out on the forum.

Regards
Dave
2017-1-12
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28914 ft
United States

DaveH_au Posted at 2017-1-12 02:28
Hi, I have only had my P3S since Christmas. The only issues were it reported "Unknown Version", It would not tell me there were updates available even though once it did say version 1.2.40.
It could not advise the flight control serial number.
Once I got past beginner mode it would not go very far without having connection issues so as long as I stayed close I could still fly.

My update failed at 40% and now just get a loud annoying beep. Reformatted SD card no help.
When upgrade failed it told me to try again but app does not give option to upgrade now.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

Mine failed at 99 %
2017-1-12
Use props
fansb7653542
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Bought a second Phantom 3 standard and updated last night. Performed the update indoors at my desk everything went smooth no issues. Even in the house good signal, no compass errors and camera seemed to work fine. I did not fly hopefully this weekend the temperature and wind will cooperate and I will post back. At this point I don't expect any issues.
2017-1-12
Use props
fansb7653542
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Forgot to mention. I am using a Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet no cellular.
2017-1-12
Use props
WeichengJLKD
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-12 01:24
May I know how long it lags?
Please help confirm the model and mobile system of your device, restarting makes no sense, right?
How about the environment for the flight?

Just like @EssenceArtistry my live video feed lags, it stops for about a 0.5-1 second every time. It was smooth before the update and I dont think theres any interference with the drone where I fly it even though its not an open environment. I have full signal according to the DJI GO app (both controller and wifi) I am using a Galaxy S7 if thats what you're asking for.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

My firmware failed at 99% . I want to delete the newest version or reinstall it, what's the best way to get this done. I had no problems with the older version that I downloaded at xmas time new out of the box. Now it goes from p mode to atti mode all on its own I can't fly like that. I would prefer to just get back to the previous version.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-12 04:59
My update failed at 40% and now just get a loud annoying beep. Reformatted SD card no help.
When upgrade failed it told me to try again but app does not give option to upgrade now.

What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Please try to delete the DJI GO APP, re-install it and check whether it requests you to upgrade again.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0b95593d Posted at 2017-1-12 10:45
My firmware failed at 99% . I want to delete the newest version or reinstall it, what's the best way to get this done. I had no problems with the older version that I downloaded at xmas time new out of the box. Now it goes from p mode to atti mode all on its own I can't fly like that. I would prefer to just get back to the previous version.

Please check the firmware version number on "About" page to make sure you upgraded it successfully.
Are you flying aircraft in open places without interference?
How about the GPS signal around?
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WeichengJLKD Posted at 2017-1-12 10:03
Just like @EssenceArtistry my live video feed lags, it stops for about a 0.5-1 second every time. It was smooth before the update and I dont think theres any interference with the drone where I fly it even though its not an open environment. I have full signal according to the DJI GO app (both controller and wifi) I am using a Galaxy S7 if thats what you're asking for.

Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it?
Please try another mobile device which is in DJI recommended list and check the performance again.
2017-1-12
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-12 23:29
What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Please try to delete the DJI GO APP, re-install it and check whether it requests you to upgrade again.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2
Will try deleting app & re-installing tonight and see what happens.
2017-1-13
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

My phantom 3 standard also lags on the video ...I was only a few feet away and never done that before.. Also I was low on GPS satellites .. Always get between 12/15  I couldnt get even 11
2017-1-13
Use props
fans1a1d3af5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88691 ft
Netherlands

Wow with al this happening with the new update. I will rethink before updating. Anybody tried it with the SamsungS7?
2017-1-13
Use props
gunslinger_tom
lvl.1

United States

fans1a1d3af5 Posted at 2017-1-13 13:52
Wow with al this happening with the new update. I will rethink before updating. Anybody tried it with the SamsungS7?

I also have a Samsung S7 and am reluctant to install the new firmware because I have read about so many problems every time new firmware comes out. As of now, what I have is working perfectly and I'd like to keep it that way.
2017-1-13
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

mine lagged when i got 179. and lost vid. never had that with 168
2017-1-13
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i also have s7
2017-1-13
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

I updated last night, to fly today.  Everything went smoothly, and got fantastic distance. The only issue I'm now having is when I fly it far out, I lose rc connection (iPhone says no signal, rc signal light is red, but I can still control the drone with the sticks.  Also, even though it says signal loss, it will NOT RTH.  I got nervous as I looked away for a half a second and lost sight of the drone. I had to ultimately turn the rc off, and pray.  About 3 minutes later, it finally was close enough for me to see it, and I was able to reconnect to it.

Any reason this issue is happening?  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, retested it, and same thing every time. Red light throws me off big time as I still have control of the drone.
2017-1-13
Use props
CHSDroner
New

United States

I had the same issue tonight after upgrading.
2017-1-13
Use props
CHSDroner
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-12 01:23
May I know what mobile device you're using to connect the remote?  
Please make sure the environment is suitable for flight, and turn off all background programs, if you use an iOS device, please enable "hardware decoding".

iPhone 7 Plus, everything was off and hardware decoding was enabled
2017-1-13
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

RE: New 1.8.1 Firmware Thread

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-1-13 20:54
I updated last night, to fly today.  Everything went smoothly, and got fantastic distance. The only issue I'm now having is when I fly it far out, I lose rc connection (iPhone says no signal, rc signal light is red, but I can still control the drone with the sticks.  Also, even though it says signal loss, it will NOT RTH.  I got nervous as I looked away for a half a second and lost sight of the drone. I had to ultimately turn the rc off, and pray.  About 3 minutes later, it finally was close enough for me to see it, and I was able to reconnect to it.

Any reason this issue is happening?  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, retested it, and same thing every time. Red light throws me off big time as I still have control of the drone.

This is the issue I'm having, but I'm not even getting that much distance. I have 1.7.9. and S7 Galaxy.
For now I'm glad it's flying. I'm going to defer this upgrade because the only things it seems to fix are restrictions near abandoned airports and accidental motor stopping with the sticks in flight. Which is great but I will wait till my issues are addressed specifically.
2017-1-14
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-1-13 20:54

You answered your question.
It's quite normal to be able to fly beyond the video signal range  
The control signal occupies a different and much cleaner wifi band.
You killed the control signal by turning off the RC.
The drone reacted as it's programmed to do.

It came home. No issue there.
2017-1-14
Use props
Mikebee57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1217 ft
United States

I upgraded my firmware last night. Everything went off without a hitch and was rewarded with "Upgrade Success". I noticed after restarting the Phantom and the DJI app that I was receiving more satilites than I usually do (3 to 4 more). I will do a test flight today or tomorrow to see if my range has increased.
2017-1-14
Use props
ATLe46
New

United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-12 04:59

Same thing happened to me this morning.  Update failed at 40% twice and then the loud beeping kicked in.  Formatted the card as well to no avail.  Reinstalled the app (iPhone 7) and it kept beeping loudly and stating "aircraft disconnected".  Finally after about 15 min the app gave me the option to upgrade the firmware and I attempted again.  It stuck on 40% for about 3 min and then finally went thru successfully.
2017-1-14
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I update my P3P last weekend, I'm running an iPad Mini2 with latest IOS, the DJI Go App v 3.1.2, aircraft 1.10.90 and remote controler version 1.8.0.  A few minutes into first (only) flight after upgrade the iPad console said weak GPS signal, advised me to exit GPS mode, the aircraft then proceeded to fly on it's own due north for about 500 feet before I was able to regain control and land it.  It had also reported idle motor or loose propeller, I had just put the props on and they were tight.  I haven't flown since it took off on it's own, waiting to hear what DJI has to say.
2017-1-14
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Central Maine D Posted at 2017-1-14 07:40
I update my P3P last weekend, I'm running an iPad Mini2 with latest IOS, the DJI Go App v 3.1.2, aircraft 1.10.90 and remote controler version 1.8.0.  A few minutes into first (only) flight after upgrade the iPad console said weak GPS signal, advised me to exit GPS mode, the aircraft then proceeded to fly on it's own due north for about 500 feet before I was able to regain control and land it.  It had also reported idle motor or loose propeller, I had just put the props on and they were tight.  I haven't flown since it took off on it's own, waiting to hear what DJI has to say.

Central,
You might want to move your post to the right section. This is the thread for Phantom 3 Standard firmware update 1.8.1
2017-1-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-14 02:43
You answered your question.
It's quite normal to be able to fly beyond the video signal range  
The control signal occupies a different and much cleaner wifi band.

I don't know if you saw the part where I had mentioned (the RC connection light is red), meaning the RC showed zero connection to the bird.  Found through a flight this morning, that I do actually lose control at a distance, and it just hovers.  Yes, i've already managed to ensure the rth is enabled on signal loss.  My concern is that rth should kick in when the light goes red, and the display shows signal loss right?  Or is that status light not for rc signal?
2017-1-14
Use props
newt
New

United States

firmware update failed, said try again later but i do not have the option to re-try, what do i do?
2017-1-14
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.2
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-13 06:07
I'm using an iPad Mini 2
Will try deleting app & re-installing tonight and see what happens.

Deleted app & re-installed. No option given to install update. Left everything connected with the loud beeping for 45 minutes and no luck. Shut everything down. App v3.1.2 Firmware v1.7.9
Side note, I also tried to do update using iPhone 6 but also showed no option to update.
2017-1-14
Use props
patria
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34826 ft
United States

Just updated and I had no issues. The video signal (using Nexus 7 2nd Gen) and range is a bit better. I ran it this morning with the last firmware version and the video was dropping out around 800 ft at around 300 ft in altitude. I live in a densely populated neighborhood with a fair amount of trees and hills so I wasn't expecting much out of the range. I updated a little while ago and flew the same path at the same altitude and got out to around 1300 ft before the video signal dropped out. Not sure if this is because of or was intended by the firmware update but so far so good.
2017-1-14
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-1-14 08:29
I don't know if you saw the part where I had mentioned (the RC connection light is red), meaning the RC showed zero connection to the bird.  Found through a flight this morning, that I do actually lose control at a distance, and it just hovers.  Yes, i've already managed to ensure the rth is enabled on signal loss.  My concern is that rth should kick in when the light goes red, and the display shows signal loss right?  Or is that status light not for rc signal?

I don't know because I've never flown beyond of control range. My RC status led turns green as soon as the drone starts to boot and it never turns red unless I power down the drone.
With my first P3, I've flown out of video transmission range many times and never had the RTH kick in. Maybe you did not notice a prompt asking if you wanted to RTH? I would assume after a time out period it would switch from a hover mode and initiate RTH.   
2017-1-14
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

patria Posted at 2017-1-14 12:54
Just updated and I had no issues. The video signal (using Nexus 7 2nd Gen) and range is a bit better. I ran it this morning with the last firmware version and the video was dropping out around 800 ft at around 300 ft in altitude. I live in a densely populated neighborhood with a fair amount of trees and hills so I wasn't expecting much out of the range. I updated a little while ago and flew the same path at the same altitude and got out to around 1300 ft before the video signal dropped out. Not sure if this is because of or was intended by the firmware update but so far so good.

800 feet is ok when flying in a high interference area as described. However, if you increase altitude or steer away from the source of interference, the video feed tends to return. If you are flying in optimal conditions (from a hill top over looking a valley completely void of obstructions and power lines) you should expect at least 800 meters before video becomes intermittent. Nominal range is hardly consistent from one day to the next. There are so many factors that vary. Most of all, the remote must be kept aimed at the drone since the 2 internal antennas are somewhat directional. I've flown FPV drones that have more powerful video transmitters and the video still breaks up when the drone is in motion.  
2017-1-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-14 15:45
I don't know because I've never flown beyond of control range. My RC status led turns green as soon as the drone starts to boot and it never turns red unless I power down the drone.
With my first P3, I've flown out of video transmission range many times and never had the RTH kick in. Maybe you did not notice a prompt asking if you wanted to RTH? I would assume after a time out period it would switch from a hover mode and initiate RTH.

I'm not trying to be rude, but first of all, I still have line of sight.  Secondly, I have flown on purpose watching just the screen, and it shows full signal, all bars, perfect video feed, spot on gps, and then it just shows 'disconnected' and a red light pops on my RC.  I've tested and educated myself a lot on these things.  This very issue never happened before the firmware update.  Not once.  If I flew it to far, it would show on the screen, Disconnected, returning to home.  Never once failed me.  

So, with all that said, today, I had my kid keep an eye on my drone up in the air, and I stared at the device that had video.  It was clipping right along, and all the sudden 'disconnected' and the red light popped up on my RC.  So I moved the drone back and forth in the air, and it was still responding.  Light was still red on the RC, and that typically means there's no connection to the drone right?  I flip the fail safe RTH switch on the RC, and the drone never returned on its own.  I again tested, shut the RC off, and it finally returned.  

This is a new issue with the firmware update.  I didn't miss a prompt, I keep line of sight at all times, no modifications, all I did was update the firmware.  All I wanted to know was 'why is my drone not returning when it loses signal since the firmware update; or;  Why am I losing connection to my iphone and why is the red light showing on the rc, but I still have full control.'

Betamace, i'm glad youre not having trouble with the firmware update, but there are those of us that are.  It's not always a user issue when the user is trying to do everything right.  I also am missing those minutes in my flight logs where the 'link' light is red, but I still have control.  Kinda like the thing lost connection.  Again, no flight logs exist for the time the rc light is red, but I DO have control.  Is there a missing prompt for that too?
2017-1-14
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-1-14 16:53
I'm not trying to be rude, but first of all, I still have line of sight.  Secondly, I have flown on purpose watching just the screen, and it shows full signal, all bars, perfect video feed, spot on gps, and then it just shows 'disconnected' and a red light pops on my RC.  I've tested and educated myself a lot on these things.  This very issue never happened before the firmware update.  Not once.  If I flew it to far, it would show on the screen, Disconnected, returning to home.  Never once failed me.  

So, with all that said, today, I had my kid keep an eye on my drone up in the air, and I stared at the device that had video.  It was clipping right along, and all the sudden 'disconnected' and the red light popped up on my RC.  So I moved the drone back and forth in the air, and it was still responding.  Light was still red on the RC, and that typically means there's no connection to the drone right?  I flip the fail safe RTH switch on the RC, and the drone never returned on its own.  I again tested, shut the RC off, and it finally returned.  

First of all, I never update.
Secondly, there is no doubt you have developed a problem since you updated. I'm not questioning that.
You should really open a ticket with support since no body on this forum will be able to assist.
That being said, good luck and I hope you find the solution you can accept..
2017-1-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules