DJI CARE Refresh - share your experience if you already used it
3770 15 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

Please share your experience with Care Refresh programme.  What was the agreement process. How difficult it was. What was the reason and amount of damage. Have you got covered by Care Refresh or payed separately?

There is one thought in my head - when the incident occurred due to the fault of the manufacturer, and if Care Refresh programme is bought, does it reduce the possibility that the damage is covered by normal warranty. For manufacturer such paid warranty program is very beneficial.
2017-1-11
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

I got the refresh for my drone, honestly I feel it was worth it in terms of having the security to know if I cause extensive amount of damage I am covered. But the other side of that dealing with customer support makes me regret ever getting into the agreement. Needless to say I had some issues with my replacement unit...
2017-1-11
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

it would be interesting to know if anyone at all has been covered by normal warranty
2017-1-11
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

I crashed and messed my gimbal up. I followed the process on the site. Took 5-10 minutes. The next day they emailed me a ups label. Sent it off. It arrived to their repair places a week later. Throughout the process they did a very good ob of keeping me updated on the process. I think after 2 days they had it sent back out. For me it was a super smooth process. Only thing i can complain about is the shipping process. It took a week to send it from Florida to California. And the same to send it back. I guess i could have overnighted it there myself. But it would be nice to have those options directly from DJI.
2017-1-11
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

BradC234  have you got bad replacement unit?
2017-1-11
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

tgs3838 what was the amount of damage and have you used Care Refresh (payed first additional fee)?
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GZP Posted at 2017-1-11 14:04
it would be interesting to know if anyone at all has been covered by normal warranty

Yes, people have been covered by the warranty. If there's a manufacturing issue, then that is when the warranty would cover your aircraft.
2017-1-11
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

I'm thinking about the relation between the amount of damage (value) and all Care Refresh program's costs (including additional fees). Is it  advantageous to the end.
2017-1-11
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

GZP Posted at 2017-1-11 14:16
tgs3838 what was the amount of damage and have you used Care Refresh (payed first additional fee)?

They said it would cost $244 to fix whatever my problem was. So yes i used one of my refreshes.
2017-1-11
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

tgs3838 thank you for information! As far as i understand shipping was for free? If you would refuse to use Care Refresh, what would be with shipping costs in such case?
2017-1-11
Use props
fans5adacd63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728 ft
Australia

at present my experience as been very poor , there seam to be a lack of communication , note that i am in AUSTRALIA,
i finally got customer service to raise a case , but only after making comments on this forum ,

they sent a courier to pickup the unit this was good ,

i had damage the ribbon cabling going to the gimbal

they carried  of a assessment t of my drone

"propellers scratched, main cord board malfunctioning, Gimbal Y&P motor slightly deformed. FPC(flat cable) torn. Fly test will be performed after repair.SN may change after repair. "

given that the ,main board is malfunction i am starting to this this should of been warranty,
however considering the lack of communication i just want my unit repaired and pay the refresh price as i dont want he further stress in tring to deal with DJI

i see that this could be a isolated case as others have had good dealing , but not I ,  

Quoted repair cost was 601 AUD

so as such wish to use my first refresh , asked how i can do this but to date no response,

they sent me bank detail for the cost on the repair  for the 601

so i sent the $139 AUD for being the  cost for  first refresh

am waiting now ,

,i have yet to get a response from them  

2017-1-11
Use props
busalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1649301 ft
United States

I'm in the middle of a repair right now. (not using refresh)  Here is how it is going.

After only owning my Mavic about a week I made a rookie mistake and backed into a tree at night, hit the ground and damaged the gimbal.   I followed the return procedure and received a return label by e-mail the next day.  It took a solid week for the package to travel from the mid-west to California.  Once it arrived I received an e-mail staiting so and the very next day received an e-mail with an assessment of the damage and cost of repairs along with a PayPal link for payment.  Great so far!   This is where it gets sticky.  Because it took SO long to ship, I contacted DJI and asked if I could pay extra shipping charges to have it shipped back overnight following repairs.  The rep seemed a little confused at my request but said she would check and get back to me.   I heard nothing so the following day I filled out the PayPal link and paid for the repair.  Three days later I get a computer generated e mail saying that they were disputing my claim for warranty because I had damaged the craft in an accident.  DUH!  I told them that it was completely my fault when I sent it in.  I again contacted DJI via chat and told them it WAS my fault and I had already sent payment for the repair.  2 days later I check the status and it says it is being held for payment.  Again, via chat I talk to a rep who wants proof that I had sent payment via PayPal.  I emailed her the paypal receipt and tonight the website shows my unit in repair and scheduled to be shipped in the next couple of days.   What a hassle!  Hopefully it will return to home sometime next week.   If that happens, it will have been out of my possession close to a month.

Here is what I will do differently the next time I need to send it in.   I'll take the shipment with their label to UPS and pay to have it overnighted.  Then I will resist any temptation to contact them about anything.  When the invoice comes I will promptly pay it with their Pay Pal with no questions asked.  (don't rock their boat)  I think that requesting express shipping back really messed to their system?

2017-1-11
Use props
fans0d5dbb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Australia

My warranty wasn't covered, my spark was purchased in Hk but I live in Australia,  two weeks later I realized that  Dronie, Helix and the distance slider don't work properly.

The drone was sent to DJI and  the reply that I got was that it's not covered by the Australian warranty......
2017-8-8
Use props
out2sea71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

I have sent my drone in 3 times and the first 2 were covered by warranty bu the last time it was my fault and I paid the refresh fee.  Peace of mind means a lot.  thanks DJI
2017-8-9
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

One week into my new Mavic - bamm. Crash.  30 seconds into sport mode.  I wish I had heard of refresh.  I never saw anything until a few days afterwards.   The bill for fixing , $400.   However, quick response, great updates and a quick turnaround.   Maybe taking 2-3 total weeks.
2017-8-9
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

long story short my mavic landed in someones pool. sent it out the day after july 4th. i think it was a week and a half-2 weeks before they gave me an assesment in which it was deemed totaled, and if i wanted a new one i had to pay $749 i think it was. at the time i didnt know that this wasnt for care refresh so i was quite upset, and had posted about it. but some fine people on this forum informed me that that was not for the care refresh, but a direct replacement. so i had called dji and got it sorted and told them to use my care refresh. another week and a half later and i got my mavic just 2 days shy of a total month mavicless. actually thats not too bad imo. i feared a lot worse based on the horror stories here.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules