Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gain values for naza + F550
3628 2 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottadamson1
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, just completing my F550 build, everything seems to do what its meant to do and I am happy with the way the naza and TX are configured. Just one more thing bothering me - the gain settings. Have tried to do my research and have found that there are many different opinions on what there should be. I understand its complex and there are many different factors that influence what the gain settings should be. I'm hoping someone can advise as the recommended settings from DJI seem to be greatly different from what people in the real world are using. Can anyone recommend or have experience with settings for the following setup (or maybe something similar) -

DJI 550 frame + landing gear
E305 propulsion kit with 800kv motors
Naza M V2 (latest firmware)
Gens Ace 5000 mAh 4S 60C LiPo
total weight is 2005 grams

Really hoping I can get some suggestions and I dont have to learn the hard way as I have invested a lot of time and money building this drone, just want some settings that will make it fly safely the first time
[url=]Favorite[/url]
[url=]Like[/url]

2017-1-11
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Start from basics and assign a dial to your TX so you can change it in flight.Hoover at 4-5m and slowly turn the dial to the moment it begins to oscilate, when you see that reduce the gain a little more and it shoud be spot on. There is no universal set of gains so you should find the ones suitable for your build. See this video
2017-1-12
Use props
scottadamson1
lvl.1

Australia

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-1-12 09:20
Start from basics and assign a dial to your TX so you can change it in flight.Hoover at 4-5m and slowly turn the dial to the moment it begins to oscilate, when you see that reduce the gain a little more and it shoud be spot on. There is no universal set of gains so you should find the ones suitable for your build. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRSGHub08s&t=298s

Thanks Robin, that was very helpful. I'm guessing my gains are going to be on the low side due to the setup I've chosen and the weight being on the low side for a 550, also keeping the CoG high (just above the top plate) which I believe will make the craft more responsive - less gain required. Just have to figure out the compass declination and I should be good to go.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules