Greetings all,

I have the following equipment:

DJI Osmo Mobile
Latest firmware as of 01/11/2017
Samsung Note 3
Samsung Note 5
DJI Go application

Problem:

Long exposures do not behave as expected. They do not appear to be opening the shutter for very long, despite trying all intervals and infinite. Resulting pictures don't show motion, rather they barely soak up any light. I receive these same results on both the Note 5 and Note 3, and under any lighting conditions. I gave up trying to capture anything worthwhile such as moving cars or planes. See examples below in a 100% dark room with a bright green laser pointer . . . I should be able to "paint with light" very easily, but I have to switch to the built in samsung camera app and set it to manual

When I take a long exposure with the DJI app, 16 seconds, moving the laser around only results in the image gradually getting brighter, but no light trails, and the exposure is weak:

DJI_20170111_224830.jpg

When I switch over to the built in Samsung Camera app and set it to just a 4 second exposure or so:

20170111_225049.jpg

As you can see, the DJI app clearly isn't leaving the shutter open for a long exposure.

I haven't had a chance to try this on a non-Samsung phone, and suspect it is some kind of compatibility issue or general glitch.

Anyone else seeing this? I'd love to be able to get some really cool motion blur shots.

2017-1-11
Use props
Dicklett
New
United Kingdom

did you try both settings ?   i have been messing about with this, the top setting eradicates any movement so over time people walking in and out of shot will be overwritten but the bottom option should let you paint with a light source .
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules