Matrice 600 Redundant Systems
2832 10 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

Does anyone know exactly how the M600 redundant systems work? Especially how many Batteries can Fail, how many props/motors, what happens if a esc fails?

I saw on the FAQ page of the M600 that only 1 Battery can fail during flight. So if 2 batteries would fail simultaneously, will the M600 turn off and crash?
I would really appriciate if someone could tell me where the treshold is in these redundant systems.

Thank you
2017-1-12
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Excellent question. I posted a question a couple months back about a "Minimum Equipment List" on what systems would work during failures and what would be considered allowable to fail during flight for ops to continue. Of course we side with safety, but what exactly is mission essential. Think, if you traveled to go make $, what would you accept before writing the mission off as a failure.

I got zero replies.
2017-1-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-12 08:55
Excellent question. I posted a question a couple months back about a "Minimum Equipment List" on what systems would work during failures and what would be considered allowable to fail during flight for ops to continue. Of course we side with safety, but what exactly is mission essential. Think, if you traveled to go make $, what would you accept before writing the mission off as a failure.

I got zero replies.

DJI does mention Redundancy a lot, but provides little Information, which is very unfortunate.
Some people say 2 batteries could fail during flight, but DJI FAQ say only one, but what would happen if 2 fail?

I need to know the exact redundancies, unfortunately in Italy its required to write a "Flight Manual" and redundancies need to be described in the manual, so could someone from DJI please let me know what the worst case scenario would be?
I think this is for great importance for many M600 owners and very interesting.
2017-1-12
Use props
fansddb88d49
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Great question and I'm interested to know also. There's a good Facebook group who might know the answer to this. You should join, it's called dji industrial solutions
2017-1-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

fansddb88d49 Posted at 2017-1-12 13:19
Great question and I'm interested to know also. There's a good Facebook group who might know the answer to this. You should join, it's called dji industrial solutions

I already tried to ask there but got no answer.
2017-1-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Jamie could you shed some light on this? Would be much appreciated.
2017-1-12
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I did a test the other day where I started with four (4) charged batteries only and it flew ok, it did bleep at me until I landed and the app showed the state of the four loaded batteries.
I also filmed the world rally stage in Spain with a thermal camera and found I had two dead batteries due to the rain and it flew fine but not for as long as normal.
if anybody wants to see inside a battery let me know and I will post some pictures.

Ricci
2017-1-15
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-15 10:50
Hi,
I did a test the other day where I started with four (4) charged batteries only and it flew ok, it did bleep at me until I landed and the app showed the state of the four loaded batteries.
I also filmed the world rally stage in Spain with a thermal camera and found I had two dead batteries due to the rain and it flew fine but not for as long as normal.

Thank you Ricci, great Info
2017-1-15
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-15 10:50
Hi,

Ricci, how bad was the rain? Any footage from that day? Curious to see the battery as well.
2017-1-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi Shawn,
the weather was wet enough to get soaked to the skin in 10 mins and spent two hours taking off, taking the vid for 10s and landing every 5 mins.
I will find the pictures and post. heres the short promo I made for a UK company..
ricci
2017-1-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

internal of a wet M600 standard battery...... m600 battery2.jpg M600 battery3.jpg M600 battery4.jpg m600 battery1.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules