Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 with 1 A3 upgrade kit
1446 7 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,

Can you confirm I can run 1 (single) A3 upgrade kit on my M600 please?

Thanks!
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Yes you can.
2017-1-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

But it wouldn't really benefit you, when u have 2 external IMUs they can compare the data and sort out the faulty one, when u only have one it can't know which one is malfunctioning.
2017-1-12
Use props
Tom
lvl.1

United Kingdom

P.R Posted at 2017-1-12 15:02
But it wouldn't really benefit you, when u have 2 external IMUs they can compare the data and sort out the faulty one, when u only have one it can't know which one is malfunctioning.

What is the justification for this compared to something like the Phantom 4, N3, I2 and MAvic that have two IMUS and Compasses?
2017-1-13
Use props
P.R
lvl.4
Italy

Tom@Rotorworld Posted at 2017-1-13 09:44
What is the justification for this compared to something like the Phantom 4, N3, I2 and MAvic that have two IMUS and Compasses?

I don't know how they work I just know how the A3 works, if one IMU shows it is 10 m heigher then the other then how is it supposed to know which one is right if there are only 2? You can't know which one is correct if you only have 2.
If there are 3 and one is out of line then it's easy to know which is wrong.

Probably there is a simpler redundancy with 2 IMUs they only switch if there is a complete failure of one IMU.

I have flown with only 1 external IMU for testing but my guess is get 2 ext IMUs or don't get any. Just my opinion, I don't see the value in that.
2017-1-13
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I concur with P.R, I have two now, however from new I ran one, not by choice but because they were not even in the dealers when I brought it. Three is more expense for little gain in aircraft security and piece of mind. I fly over water a lot so having the knowledge that it automatically switches makes me feel a little safer.
The only downside of more gps antennas is they don't fold like the original single one so one needs to be a bit careful when moving it.
2017-1-15
Use props
P.R
lvl.4
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-15 10:44
Hi,
I concur with P.R, I have two now, however from new I ran one, not by choice but because they were not even in the dealers when I brought it. Three is more expense for little gain in aircraft security and piece of mind. I fly over water a lot so having the knowledge that it automatically switches makes me feel a little safer.
The only downside of more gps antennas is they don't fold like the original single one so one needs to be a bit careful when moving it.

You can buy the same folding mechanism for the other 2 antennas, its kind of stupid that dji doesn't include the same mechanism but the are available to purchase.
2017-1-15
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Thanks P.R, good to know.

Ricci
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced