Go app crashes cause lost of video
1228 6 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

During a recording and the iOS Go App crashed and the birthday surprise video is now gone!!! Can anyone help to see if there is a way to recover those valuable moments?
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you use the SD card on other devices before?
2017-1-12
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-12 23:41

I was using the DJI Go App for my Mavic Pro, but since the release of DJI Go 4, I no longer using that for Mavic.  Is there way to recover the video that was lost?  I was in disbelief seeing that video was gone, I was thinking that if the app crashed, at least the video being recorded was captured until the point of the crash.
2017-1-13
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
United States

fai58 Posted at 2017-1-13 06:47
I was using the DJI Go App for my Mavic Pro, but since the release of DJI Go 4, I no longer using that for Mavic.  Is there way to recover the video that was lost?  I was in disbelief seeing that video was gone, I was thinking that if the app crashed, at least the video being recorded was captured until the point of the crash.

Can Dji help here?
2017-1-17
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-12 23:41

Can you help?
2017-1-20
Use props
tomboates
New
United States

Hey OP if you haven't found a way to solve this and still are looking for the original video, this video helped me recover my lost video... hope it helps! (sorry you'll need to reconstruct the URL as it won't give me permission)

h t t p s:// youtu.be/ vU0I0B2InSs
2017-12-9
Use props
Jon Bremner
New

United States

The youtube video helps - but only if the software actually managed to save the footage. This is a rare occurence as, when the pp crashes, there is a large chance that the file will be saved in name only and delete the actual footage.

This is a HUGE problem and the primary reason I am NO LONGER EVER using my iphone or the DJI GO app for a paid gig EVER AGAIN. I lost irreplacable footage for a 50th anniversary reuinion performance of the Dream Engine because of this horrible design flaw.

This was also the largest of half a dozen problems this horrible little app gave me. I am throwing this overglorified toy in the closet and giving it to children to play with in a sandbox. It it suited for nothing better.
2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules