Shipping For 3rd Party Dealer Orders Apple, Amazon, Droneworld, etc.
123Next >
4590 92 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Hi there.  This thread is for all those who did NOT order through DJI's webstore and ordered in some other method.  Please feel free to share your shipping updates or experiences from the online store you decided to go with.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what others are going through that may have ordered via a 3rd party dealer.  It seems pretty frustrating that no information has come out regarding if resellers/dealers are on this new time frame of 1 week shipping in the US, or roughly 2 weeks elsewhere.  I ordered through Apple for personal reasons and have had the same order status since mid December.  This would be one thing if the shipping time frame remained the same for everyone, but finding out that DJI isn't satisfying their 3rd party dealer commitments before sending out new orders through their store is a bit disconcerning.  

My order through Apple was placed on December 17th, and the only thing I've seen since the date of the order is, "processing items" on Apples webpage.  I assume that means that Apple does not have any Mavics yet and that they most likely have not heard from DJI either, but please correct me if im wrong!

2017-1-12
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

apple order

orderstatusapple.jpg
2017-1-12
Use props
Lonewolf 8
lvl.1

United States

Ordered from B&H Dec 1st, will receive my Fly More Combo on Jan 16th.
2017-1-12
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

ORDERED FLY MORE COMBO OCT 12 AMAZON (AARON'S TOYS PREVIOUS NAME HOBBIES MEDIA). STILL HAVENT RECIEVED DRONE. THEY EXPECT A SHIPMENT ON JAN 17. I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.
2017-1-12
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Lonewolf 8 Posted at 2017-1-12 20:51
Ordered from B&H Dec 1st, will receive my Fly More Combo on Jan 16th.

Awesome glad to hear its just around the corner! Is that still in the time frame you were originally given from B&H or did it change with this most recent shipping update this week?
2017-1-12
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

clinetime Posted at 2017-1-12 21:07
ORDERED FLY MORE COMBO OCT 12 AMAZON (AARON'S TOYS PREVIOUS NAME HOBBIES MEDIA). STILL HAVENT RECIEVED DRONE. THEY EXPECT A SHIPMENT ON JAN 17. I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

is that them expecting to recieve the shipment from dji on the 17th or that dji will ship to them on the 17th?  hopefully we all get this little sucker soon..
2017-1-12
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-12 21:24
is that them expecting to recieve the shipment from dji on the 17th or that dji will ship to them on the 17th?  hopefully we all get this little sucker soon..

Last week they made it seem as if they were going to have a shipment and could ship out drone by the 17th.

Here is what they sent me after I asked if DJI was shipping orders to them faster now since the latest shipping update. "Looks like DJI is fulfilling orders of customers who purchased directly from their store instead of sending orders to their dealers in the order they were received. If you'd like we can issue a refund so you could place an order on DJI.com which promises to fulfill now within 7-10 days".
2017-1-12
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

clinetime Posted at 2017-1-12 21:34
Last week they made it seem as if they were going to have a shipment and could ship out drone by the 17th.

Here is what they sent me after I asked if DJI was shipping orders to them faster now since the latest shipping update. "Looks like DJI is fulfilling orders of customers who purchased directly from their store instead of sending orders to their dealers in the order they were received. If you'd like we can issue a refund so you could place an order on DJI.com which promises to fulfill now within 7-10 days".

I was really hoping that this wouldn't be the case, this is my first DJI product and honestly I expect better from a multinational company.  When I asked DJI if they knew if they were shipping to dealers yet they said that they didn't have the information.. It would only make sense to satisfy all of the previous orders that they allowed dealers to sell, in chronological order, or else risk of losing distribution channels such as amazon and apple.  
2017-1-12
Use props
MacMike
lvl.1
United States

I ordered the Fly More combo from Adorama on 29 Nov.  A couple of weeks ago I called and they said they were receiving 50+ units but did not know when they were going to arrive, and there were 111 pre orders.
I have since ordered a non combo Mavic directly from DJI on 30 Dec and received my tracking number this morning!  Still no word from Adorama, and will be cancelling my FlyMore combo order today.  On a side note, just the Mavic shipped, but not all the accessories (2 extra batteries, charging hub, car charger and extra props)!  I'm wondering if they are still having multiple production issues with one or two specific components.
2017-1-13
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered the Fly More combo from Drone direct 4th OCT 2016 They have had no word from DJI when they are getting them in to complete my order
2017-1-13
Use props
fansbba7c692
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered the mavic drone only on the dji site then 10 min later i ordered a battery on the 10 of jan . On jan 11 the battery was showing shipping and the mavic was still with 3 dots . I found out that best buy had mavics in stock with free 2 day shipping so i canceled my dji order and ordered from best buy . Today my mavic from best buy and the battery from dji arrive 3 days for battery and 2 days for mavic. One then that did happen is when i canceled my order from dji the next day they charged my paypal account. I thought they were charging when they ship the product. I emailed them and let paypal know this morning my paypal account was refunded .
2017-1-13
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

I ordered from Apple on 1/3/17, one Mavic and 2 batteries.  I am still in "Processing items" and a delivery range of 3/1 - 3/17/17.
2017-1-13
Use props
Ramos.works
lvl.1

United States

I placed an order for the mavic pro by itself from bestbuy on Jan 11th, they are "having it ready for pick up tomorrow the 14th"
Lets see!
2017-1-13
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

Apple sent me a free mavic
2017-1-13
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

Heyandy Posted at 2017-1-13 08:05
I ordered from Apple on 1/3/17, one Mavic and 2 batteries.  I am still in "Processing items" and a delivery range of 3/1 - 3/17/17.

So today (1/13/17) I have also just ordered the Mavic, two batteries and two propellers directly from DJI.  Since DJI is not charging tax it only is $20 more.   
Now I wait to see between DJI or Apple who I get a tracking number from first and cancel the other order!
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Heyandy Posted at 2017-1-13 08:05

That dreaded processing on apple is the worst!  Im hoping apple starts to get some orders in with this new shipment dji is talking about.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

edwarde21 Posted at 2017-1-13 08:30
Apple sent me a free mavic

hmmm interesting , wonder if you got mine! haha
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Ramos.works Posted at 2017-1-13 08:05
I placed an order for the mavic pro by itself from bestbuy on Jan 11th, they are "having it ready for pick up tomorrow the 14th"
Lets see!

seems like best buy is the only 3rd party to actually be getting mavics in, i wonder why!? anyways i hope its true and you get yours tomorrow! let us know
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fansbba7c692 Posted at 2017-1-13 05:25
I ordered the mavic drone only on the dji site then 10 min later i ordered a battery on the 10 of jan . On jan 11 the battery was showing shipping and the mavic was still with 3 dots . I found out that best buy had mavics in stock with free 2 day shipping so i canceled my dji order and ordered from best buy . Today my mavic from best buy and the battery from dji arrive 3 days for battery and 2 days for mavic. One then that did happen is when i canceled my order from dji the next day they charged my paypal account. I thought they were charging when they ship the product. I emailed them and let paypal know this morning my paypal account was refunded .

smart thinking on that one
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Siriusdave Posted at 2017-1-13 01:38
I ordered the Fly More combo from Drone direct 4th OCT 2016 They have had no word from DJI when they are getting them in to complete my order

damn thats disappointing!  It would be really nice if these dealers would get on dji to get them their orders! if i was one of these companies id be pretty upset, especially with this new faster shipping underway.
2017-1-13
Use props
mtalluto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73734 ft
United States

Best Buy is reporting they are sold out now. I guess they sold their allotment.

Update on my Best Buy order. The pick up date for my order was to be today. I woke up to a text message from BB stating that my order was delayed until Wednesday.
I will keep you guys posted on my order.
2017-1-13
Use props
mtalluto
lvl.1
United States

I just noticed that my posts show that I am from Canada. I am actually in the U.S. (California). Poked around in my account settings and did not find a way to adjust this. If anyone has pointers, I would like to update my location. Thanks.
2017-1-13
Use props
mtalluto
lvl.1
United States

mtalluto Posted at 2017-1-13 10:50
I just noticed that my posts show that I am from Canada. I am actually in the U.S. (California). Poked around in my account settings and did not find a way to adjust this. If anyone has pointers, I would like to update my location. Thanks.

I just made sure my region was set correctly. Testing to see if this works.
2017-1-13
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I ordered mine some time back from Carolina Dronz, and it has still not shipped. But, they offered me a few options to compensage. I could get $100 off of a P4Pro, if I wanted, OR, I could get a super nice, weatherproof mavic case, with custom cut foam, for $35. I got the case, and it's super nice. They said I should have my Mavic in the next couple weeks. No matter... It's -6 outside, and I will not be flying any time soon. I will have lots of time to get firmware updates and check everything out before the weather is nice enough to fly.
2017-1-13
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

I ordered from Apple DEC 26 only because I have friend that works for them and I get the friends and family discount.  It still says processing and will most likely ship FEB 27 - MAR 10.
It's really disappointing Best Buy has more pull power than Apple. @DJI what's going on ?
2017-1-13
Use props
Haz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got my mavic just now from best buy and my extera battery from dji all withi  3 days .
2017-1-13
Use props
fans6b1659a0
lvl.2

United States

Ordered on 1/12/17 from best buy,its been shipped via usps tracking with arrival tomorrow.
Prior to this I had preorder back in october from amazon and they still hadnt delivered up till 1/13/17... Cancelled amazon order..
2017-1-13
Use props
SanFranDad
lvl.1

United States

MacMike Posted at 2017-1-13 01:22
I ordered the Fly More combo from Adorama on 29 Nov.  A couple of weeks ago I called and they said they were receiving 50+ units but did not know when they were going to arrive, and there were 111 pre orders.
I have since ordered a non combo Mavic directly from DJI on 30 Dec and received my tracking number this morning!  Still no word from Adorama, and will be cancelling my FlyMore combo order today.  On a side note, just the Mavic shipped, but not all the accessories (2 extra batteries, charging hub, car charger and extra props)!  I'm wondering if they are still having multiple production issues with one or two specific components.

I received my Tracking # from Adorama today for the "Fly More Package". They have them on their web page as "In-Stock and Ready to Ship"
2017-1-13
Use props
Haz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bestbuy also  sent me a $10 coupon  wish the had props or battery instock.
2017-1-13
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-12 21:46
I was really hoping that this wouldn't be the case, this is my first DJI product and honestly I expect better from a multinational company.  When I asked DJI if they knew if they were shipping to dealers yet they said that they didn't have the information.. It would only make sense to satisfy all of the previous orders that they allowed dealers to sell, in chronological order, or else risk of losing distribution channels such as amazon and apple.

Like you this is my first DJI product as well. I find it strange that DJI isn't fulfilling orders to 3rd party vendors. If I order say last month I wouldn't have a problem but I ordered back in October and people who have order 2 months later are receiving there orders. Lets hope this drone come in soon. I very tempted to just cancle all together.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

mtalluto Posted at 2017-1-13 10:47
Best Buy is reporting they are sold out now. I guess they sold their allotment.

Update on my Best Buy order. The pick up date for my order was to be today. I woke up to a text message from BB stating that my order was delayed until Wednesday.

Ah thats frustrating! Hopefully pick up doesn't change again.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

dana5 Posted at 2017-1-13 10:59
I ordered mine some time back from Carolina Dronz, and it has still not shipped. But, they offered me a few options to compensage. I could get $100 off of a P4Pro, if I wanted, OR, I could get a super nice, weatherproof mavic case, with custom cut foam, for $35. I got the case, and it's super nice. They said I should have my Mavic in the next couple weeks. No matter... It's -6 outside, and I will not be flying any time soon. I will have lots of time to get firmware updates and check everything out before the weather is nice enough to fly.

Oh what case is it if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for a good one.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-1-13 12:18
I ordered from Apple DEC 26 only because I have friend that works for them and I get the friends and family discount.  It still says processing and will most likely ship FEB 27 - MAR 10.
It's really disappointing Best Buy has more pull power than Apple. @DJI what's going on ?

Yup same reason I ordered from apple.  It really is bizarre that dji has no rhyme or reason to who gets orders first..
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fans6b1659a0 Posted at 2017-1-13 13:01
Ordered on 1/12/17 from best buy,its been shipped via usps tracking with arrival tomorrow.
Prior to this I had preorder back in october from amazon and they still hadnt delivered up till 1/13/17... Cancelled amazon order..

did you or anyone else hear why best buy was able to get some in before any other retailers?
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

clinetime Posted at 2017-1-13 15:10
Like you this is my first DJI product as well. I find it strange that DJI isn't fulfilling orders to 3rd party vendors. If I order say last month I wouldn't have a problem but I ordered back in October and people who have order 2 months later are receiving there orders. Lets hope this drone come in soon. I very tempted to just cancle all together.

Thats my biggest issue too, its one thing to be back ordered and fulfill orders chronologically, but reading posts about people who ordered a week ago and already got their drone just gives me that sinking feeling.  If this drone wasn't as bad a** as it is i would probably cancel, but at this point im just along for the ride.
2017-1-13
Use props
Haz (albuquerqu
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-13 15:56
Thats my biggest issue too, its one thing to be back ordered and fulfill orders chronologically, but reading posts about people who ordered a week ago and already got their drone just gives me that sinking feeling.  If this drone wasn't as bad a** as it is i would probably cancel, but at this point im just along for the ride.

Hang in there its worth the wait i just buzzed around the backyard and this thing is bad a** . I got a inspire 1 a few weeks ago i think this might be a little better.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Haz (albuquerqu Posted at 2017-1-13 17:12
Hang in there its worth the wait i just buzzed around the backyard and this thing is bad a** . I got a inspire 1 a few weeks ago i think this might be a little better.

wow better than the inspire!? I think i made the right choice then haha
2017-1-13
Use props
Bkmonf
New

United States

I ordered mine from B&H two days ago on the evening of 1/11 and it arrived an hour ago.  2 days from order to delivery..  B&H rocks!!!
2017-1-13
Use props
Bkmonf
New

United States

Bkmonf Posted at 2017-1-13 17:18
I ordered mine from B&H two days ago on the evening of 1/11 and it arrived an hour ago.  2 days from order to delivery..  B&H rocks!!!

Probably should have stipulated I ordered a Mavic Pro
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Bkmonf Posted at 2017-1-13 17:19
Probably should have stipulated I ordered a Mavic Pro

Dang thats fast!
2017-1-13
Use props
123Next >