Crash flip S1000 using A3 Pro on latest firmware
2104 6 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1be4a3b4
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there.  I had recently upgraded the firmware on A3 pro standalone with s1000 which had previously worked.  The new firware required me to reenter the parameters in DJI assistant.  I did do a backup and restore also to make sure that it was saving the parameters.  Afterwards I tested all motor functions, did calibrations, etc.  Then tested the controller and felt the aircraft tilt in the directions the controller was pointing.  I then attempted to take off and it filipped over damaging the legs, propellors, zenmuse gimbal, arms.  Its a mess.  It sounds like the issue is in the firmare.  In the lastest email it says "A compatibility problem in parameter backup and recovery functions has been detected in DJI A3 and N3 series flight controllers. Regular use of these functions may lead to unusual aircraft performance.".  I certainly experienced this unusual aircraft performance.  Can you confimr this is the expected behaviour and what can you do to fix my aircraft?
IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7680.JPG
IMG_7682.JPG
IMG_7683.JPG
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear this happened. It would require for the unit to be sent in for further diagnostics to verify if it was a firmware issue. If that's the case, then it would be covered under warranty. To get started, you would contact support@dji.com for a RMA.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans25d3eb35
lvl.1
United States

I have an extensive amount of experience with many flight systems and platforms. The A3 system has serious issues. Do no fly any aircraft with this flight controller until someone can confirm what is going on. Some how some way a few drones are flying on this controller but don't don't be disillusioned by this.  For anyone shipping this controller, shame on you.
2017-4-17
Use props
mikegwreid.gmai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35554 ft
Chile

Exact same thing that happened with my A3 but it was on FW 1.7.0.0.  I reentered all of my configuration by hand though.  I haven't trusted DJI's backups since the woo kong days.  My A3 pro is totally unusable after the newest update and DJI support has been completely unhelpful saying that "you need more time to get used to it" instead of asking any questions or offering any really help (such as a FW downgrade option) to make this thing work again.
2017-5-14
Use props
CircuitBender
lvl.1

I am coming from the Pixhawk FCs (too much problems) and I have a NAZA-M V2 which works great.
Yesterday I dismounted the pixhawk from my Tarot T810 to install the DJI N3 FC.
I did follow all the instructions and did all the calibration needed.

I am an experienced drone operator and have more than 17 different Aircraft and Drones.

At first maiden startup the T810 just flipped back and crashed (photos will follow)

Damage:
2 Carbon fibre propellers, GPS Mount and Scratches all over my new GPS and Hexacopter !!!!

I am not happy at all.

I will now rebuild and test again (this time with rolling cameras, so I can prove the issues)

Not quite sure how DJI handles this, but a fresh bought unit with all needed upgrades and all required setup destroying my equipment was not the plan at all after leaving the pixhawk project ....

I am still looking for ONE capable Flight Controller with SDK capabilities to connect my companion pc to it and start programming on photogrammetry and visual recognition.
This won t succeed if the flying platform is not able to fly reliably !!!

2018-3-22
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

trust me the N3 controller is no better i used to have the wookong i thought the n3 may be a answer but 1st time it flipped on its back
2018-4-21
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Not only A3 has bug firmware. Mine A2 has similar to Your problems. Finally my drone has crashed, see
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D308%26typeid%3D308

DJI it's time to admit
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules