DJI Singapore owners
12Next >
14092 50 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

The previous thread got deleted because of obscene word. Let's have a brand new start.

Fellow Singapore pilots, let chat, talk about your gear and meet up.

My Mavic Pro has just turned to Pay Confirmed.
2017-1-12
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

My Mavic Pro order

Order: 6 Jan about 6:30pm SGT.
Confirmed: 6 Jan 6:35pm SGT
Pay Confirmed (4th dot): 13 Jan Jan 2:30pm SGT
2017-1-12
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Flight distance : 707667 ft
Malaysia

My Mavic Pro order

Order: 4th Jan
Confirmed: 7th Jan
Pay Confirmed (4th dot): 13th Jan
Schedule delivery date: 16th Jan
Singapore Location: Sembawang

where can we fly our mavic?
2017-1-13
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

Here visit this site: http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb20 ... anned-aircraft.html

Some FAQ, information and a map there.
2017-1-13
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Malaysia

Very fast. just checked my dal tracking number and my dji already in singapore. schedule for delivery on monday. yeah
2017-1-13
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

Just cleared Singapore custom at 9:24am this morning. Hopefully can get today. Express shipping usually ship the same day as custom clearance.
2017-1-13
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

Warning, do not fly this indoors or near trees. The latest firmware still drifts uncontrollably. Once it goes into atti mode, it will without warning drift by itself and you will have no control over it.
2017-1-14
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Malaysia

tremor Posted at 2017-1-14 02:37
Warning, do not fly this indoors or near trees. The latest firmware still drifts uncontrollably. Once it goes into atti mode, it will without warning drift by itself and you will have no control over it.

i saw a clips on ppl are flying it indoor. it's very stable. could it be there are some setting need to be set?
2017-1-14
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Malaysia

since dji do not cover care fresh in Singapore. Any alternately or workaround?
2017-1-14
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Malaysia

tremor Posted at 2017-1-13 01:38
Here visit this site: http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/export/sites/caas/en/ANS/unmanned-aircraft.html

Some FAQ, information and a map there.

really not many places we can fly in singapore.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJLuc
lvl.1

Singapore

Sam_always Posted at 2017-1-14 15:31
really not many places we can fly in singapore.

Hi guys, just to check you guys got it from DJI store direct? Any idea will get gst tax?
2017-1-14
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Singapore

DJLuc Posted at 2017-1-14 19:52
Hi guys, just to check you guys got it from DJI store direct? Any idea will get gst tax?

I am not sure but DHL will deliver the mavic to me tomorrow. will report here if any.
2017-1-15
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

DJLuc Posted at 2017-1-14 19:52

The price from dji direct already includes freight and tax. So that's the price you pay nett. Dji will take care of import duties.
2017-1-15
Use props
tremor
lvl.2
Singapore

Sam_always Posted at 2017-1-14 15:24
i saw a clips on ppl are flying it indoor. it's very stable. could it be there are some setting need to be set?

It's nothing to do with settings, its a bug, the drone is constantly looking for GPS signal, you cannot force it to atti mode. So it will accidentally get some weak GPS signal and then switch back to atti mode, and you will lose control.

Do not fly indoor without prop guard, I broke two propellers and got some scratches after using for 5 mins.
2017-1-15
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

Just make sure that the Mavic is powered on nicely and left for at least 1 min to secure GPS signals if any while indoors. Usually ATTI mode will only be available and @tremor is right, once it detects GPS signals and loses it again on and off, the Mavic Pro will drift. Not because it is faulty or settings not done right. I think DJI should just incorporate the option of Securing GPS Mode or ATTI Mode or DUAL mode whichever best suits the pilot.

So far, flying around in Singapore has proven Mavic's capabilities with the exception of the camera if compared to a P4P.

So folks, don't just take a Ferrari and compare it with an Toyota Altis.

Happy flying and be safe.
2017-1-15
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Singapore

xiaohong Posted at 2017-1-15 19:56
Just make sure that the Mavic is powered on nicely and left for at least 1 min to secure GPS signals if any while indoors. Usually ATTI mode will only be available and @tremor is right, once it detects GPS signals and loses it again on and off, the Mavic Pro will drift. Not because it is faulty or settings not done right. I think DJI should just incorporate the option of Securing GPS Mode or ATTI Mode or DUAL mode whichever best suits the pilot.

So far, flying around in Singapore has proven Mavic's capabilities with the exception of the camera if compared to a P4P.

so, video quality from mavic not good ah?
2017-1-15
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Singapore

Sam_always Posted at 2017-1-15 22:46
so, video quality from mavic not good ah?

its good just that, you cannot really compare it apple to apple on a P4P.
2017-1-16
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Singapore

Follow this link to join DJI Mavic Pro Singapore Whatsapp Group:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/KQ0pXd3eM451Rwjld3osNc

Let's all get flying together!
2017-1-16
Use props
fanse93452f2
lvl.1

Singapore

Order details

Oder 12/01/2017
Confirmed & shiped 13/01/2017
In singapore 14/01/2017
Delivered 15/01/2017
2017-1-18
Use props
DJLuc
lvl.1

Singapore

tremor Posted at 2017-1-15 08:07
The price from dji direct already includes freight and tax. So that's the price you pay nett. Dji will take care of import duties.

Thx for the heads up.
2017-1-18
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

DJLuc Posted at 2017-1-18 05:34
Thx for the heads up.

Hi guys, just got my Mavic after 4 months that was pre-ordered from local dealer....
Just wanna say hi...
Never got around to flying it yet but I have flown P3A so it should be similar.
2017-1-25
Use props
JLP
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi everyone, I'm from South Africa and will be visiting Singapore next month. I've looked at the link remor shared, and it seems to be quite informative. Are there any  security/public issues anyone has had flying their drones in Singapore?
2017-1-27
Use props
Eric_Lim18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4711 ft
Singapore

Basically you cant fly your drone anywhere in Singapore as almost 70% of the island  are at within restricted aerodromes area and all natural parks or garden are strictly prohibited by the NEA(authority for parks) on fly drone as well. you can try flying in Sentosa if you happen to visit there which is southern island of Singapore.
2017-1-29
Use props
Nuis
New
Flight distance : 133793 ft
Indonesia

Hi do you guys know of any mavic's stock in singapore?
2017-1-30
Use props
Nuis
New
Indonesia

Hi do you guys know of any mavic's stock in town?
2017-1-30
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Singapore

Nuis Posted at 2017-1-30 06:16
Hi do you guys know of any mavic's stock in town?

Mavic stock in Singapore is the same as everywhere else in the world. Apart from Apple Store (not in Singapore) there is no stocks that are on display and for sale. Still having the nightmare from ordering through DJI direct.

Check out Saint Passion for information
2017-1-31
Use props
Nuis
New
Indonesia

xiaohong Posted at 2017-1-31 18:39
Mavic stock in Singapore is the same as everywhere else in the world. Apart from Apple Store (not in Singapore) there is no stocks that are on display and for sale. Still having the nightmare from ordering through DJI direct.

Check out Saint Passion for information

Thank you i live in indonesia and i ll be in singapore next week i ll try there!
2017-2-1
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Singapore

Hit us up when anyone in Singapore wants to be part of a Mavic group who is super active.

We do fly meetups and sharing with each other, including many other info!
2017-2-7
Use props
newdroner
lvl.1
Singapore

Can anyone tell me about the taxes and import duty?
Someone said they would confirm after they got the drone but there was no answer since.

I might buy it here online from DJI but there is no information on import duty or taxes. Do you have to pay any additional fees or exactly USD $1059?
2017-3-6
Use props
qc1UadAXuEvu
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi guys! Newbie to this drone videography. Got my first ever drone, the mavic of course. Heh heh. Anyway, I'm down if there are any fly sessions so that I can learn more from the experienced users.
2017-4-4
Use props
silverstorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85735 ft
Singapore

hi, i only have phantom 3se, can i join too?
2017-5-1
Use props
fansf754ba80
New
Flight distance : 37205 ft
Singapore

Hi all, I have just bought a P4 from DJI online store. But due to a minor crash, the gimbal is off-alignment, and 2 of the leg stands have missing upper casing and one of them has a gap between joint and craft body on of the leg. Should I bring it to DJI HK for repair or better to repair it in Singapore? Which is cheaper?

gimbal alignment isuse and open joint on one of the leg

gimbal alignment isuse and open joint on one of the leg

2 legs have exposed upper leg

2 legs have exposed upper leg
2017-5-4
Use props
Madelineleong
New

Singapore

Hi guys!
Wondering whether you all could help me. I wanted to fly my Mavic at MBS (outside area in front of LV floating store) earlier just now at night. However, I managed to take off but there was no GPS signal and it went to ATTI mode. My Mavic also started drifting wildly and I almost had no control of it. There was no wind so I couldn't explain the drift. I tried calibrating twice but I still couldn't take off.
Does anyone encounter the same thing as me? Can I have some advice on this? Thank you!
2017-5-5
Use props
Kentwk
New
Singapore

Hi all

I am a new Mavic Pro owner and user. Barely know how to use the functions and features. The manuals that come with it is so... thin!
Grateful if I can learn and meet up with fellow users or teachers!

Thanks!
2017-5-14
Use props
Alfred Mah
lvl.1

Singapore

fansf754ba80 Posted at 2017-5-4 16:51
Hi all, I have just bought a P4 from DJI online store. But due to a minor crash, the gimbal is off-alignment, and 2 of the leg stands have missing upper casing and one of them has a gap between joint and craft body on of the leg. Should I bring it to DJI HK for repair or better to repair it in Singapore? Which is cheaper?

if  drone under warranty, just pay the shipping fees to HK repair.
Else drone no under warranty, "maybe" can repair in SG.
Do check and compare the repair cost.

http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-6-5
Use props
Alfred Mah
lvl.1

Singapore

Eric_Lim18 Posted at 2017-1-29 01:42
Basically you cant fly your drone anywhere in Singapore as almost 70% of the island  are at within restricted aerodromes area and all natural parks or garden are strictly prohibited by the NEA(authority for parks) on fly drone as well. you can try flying in Sentosa if you happen to visit there which is southern island of Singapore.

i was flying at Sentosa - Palawan Island last Sunday at 9am. One of the staff approach me and ask me if i have permit to Fly my drone here in Sentosa(of course i don't have permit). He mention that i will need a permit to fly Drone in Sentosa.
i think now only left Marina south, ST john island, Tuas, can fly. Do share if you know any other places that we can fly drones without a permit.
2017-6-5
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Hello SGreans! Minus sports mode so you don't have to be in a large area, I was wondering is it ok to fly here? A small field in between Nan Hua Pri and the old ITE Clementi. I just got the Mavic Pro fly more bundle for about a week but haven't got the chance to maiden outside. First day tried hovering at home it starts drifting backwards uncontrollably in Atti mode that I need to pull some stunts, luckily no damaged. I used to nose-in 450 helis and cheap drones at home so I thought how hard a Mavic can be? So that's the last indoor attempt without GPS aid.
2017-7-28
Use props
Sam_always
lvl.2
Singapore

For singapore drone laws and updated NFZ. can check it here http://dronelah.com/forums/forum ... ons-and-discussions
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_J6KTuyt
New
Flight distance : 66467 ft
Singapore

any Spark owner? need advise on drone setting as my Spark will get signal lost after about 100 plus meters. any tips?
2017-9-10
Use props
Pinky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft
Singapore

Hi i from sg  i just lost my spark during my phuket trip on 24 dec i was flying my drone behind my hotel about 16 floor height and suddenly lost signal my spark flyaway itself my phone screen turn black & lost wifi signal and my drone never come back itself any warranty clam for this pls advise thank
2017-12-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules