Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
South African members Roll Call
9923 70 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barnard-Pilot
New

South Africa

P3 user in the Vaal triangle. Hello!
2017-3-2
Use props
Frank.Fang
New
Flight distance : 104219 ft
South Africa

Hi i am a Phantom 4 user based in sandton JHB south africa, hope we can have a communication each other, i am a new user to this Drone
2017-3-4
Use props
lt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2516778 ft
South Africa

Hi there once again guys, I just want to find out wether there are anyone in the Johannesburg/Pretoria/Vereeniging area that will be able to assist me with identifying a problem we having with our kit. We have a M600 with an X5 camera that keeps disconnecting and I suspect the problem to be either the camera, gimbal connector or LB2.

I would like to know if someone in this area has a X5, Z3, X3 camera that I can test with.  

Thanks in advance
LT
2017-3-15
Use props
Capie
New
Flight distance : 35479 ft
South Africa

Hi, from the best part of SA! Cape-Town!
Bought a Pro4 about a week ago. Love my eye in the ski!
2017-4-5
Use props
RayZa
New

South Africa

HI, very new Phantom 4 flyer from Johannesburg. Just completed my first video of FNB Stadium. Enjoying my drone!!
2017-4-13
Use props
lost in Africa
New
Flight distance : 16768 ft
South Africa

I have one, still getting to grips with it though
2017-4-24
Use props
lost in Africa
New
South Africa

And this forum and it's rules .. I bought a Mavic Pro in China while over there in March. Would love to connect with other users in the Sandton area to learn some tips and tricks.
2017-4-24
Use props
Flymoredrones
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi everyone, We are DJI dealers in Secunda Mpumalanga area and we only became dealers recently. We are in search of commercial drone pilots that quote/hour and work for themselves or part time, no third party companies please. We can be contact at info@flymoredrones.co.za. Our fb page @Flymoredrones. Thank you guy`s in advance and safe flying
2017-5-8
Use props
fansa858565b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8613842 ft
South Africa

Hi, got a Mavic Pro, Western Cape, Overberg.
2017-5-14
Use props
Capie
New
Flight distance : 35479 ft
South Africa

Hi, Cape Town with Phantom 4 Pro.
Out in Plattekloof and hang out around Melkbos for Table bay pictures.
2017-6-2
Use props
Desiboyz
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi. I am based in Durban, KZN and have my Mavic for a month - awesome machine.  
2017-6-18
Use props
zeane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62185 ft
South Africa

SEA POINT, Cape Town, Soutb Africa
2017-10-13
Use props
Eduan du P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1000922 ft
South Africa

I am a Mavic user and I live in South Africa, Gauteng, Pretoria in Centurion
2017-10-15
Use props
fans665a76ad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capie Posted at 2017-6-2 08:30
Hi, Cape Town with Phantom 4 Pro.
Out in Plattekloof and hang out around Melkbos for Table bay pictures.

Just google mapped Melkbos its quite close to a Nuclear Power Station. Is it ok to fly from there? Not been critical but coming-out To Cape Town on Sunday and trying to get as many recommendations as possible
2017-10-18
Use props
go4
New
South Africa

Hi guys,

I am new here and looking to buy a Mavic. Please don't get upset if this was already mentioned/asked somewhere else, but I am unable to find it if true.
I read somewhere that the range advertised is not obtainable in South Africa? That you will not be able to get further than 500 m? Because of South African regulations? I would ideally want to get at least 2 km?

Any advice would be super helpful.

Thanks!
2017-12-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

any memebers can advise where to get mavic batteries cheap in south africa that will deliver to durban
2018-1-9
Use props
lost in Africa
New
South Africa

You'll find a lot more help on Facebook
2018-1-13
Use props
Gerhard Stimie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154491 ft
Papua New Guinea

Just bought my Mavic Air in New Zealand. My wife (under strict instructions NOT to open the box) will  bring it with her when we me in Brisbane on our way home to St Francis Bay (home) on 29 March. Thats when I will get to unbox it for the first time. Hyper excited. First time droning.. so i will try to keep a bit of a vlog going of my progress with the drone. I would be very interested to link up with other pilots in SA so please invite me if there are any local groups or communities.
2018-3-22
Use props
Gerhard Stimie
lvl.1
Papua New Guinea

Just bought my Mavic Air in New Zealand. My wife (under strict instructions NOT to open the box) will  bring it with her when we meet in Brisbane on our way home to St Francis Bay (home) on 29 March (I work in Papua New Guinea). Thats when I will get to unbox it for the first time. Hyper excited. First time droning.. so i will try to keep a bit of a vlog going of my progress with the drone. I would be very interested to link up with other pilots in SA so please invite me if there are any local groups or communities.
2018-3-22
Use props
Gerhard Stimie
lvl.1
Papua New Guinea

Stu-pak Posted at 2017-1-13 02:54
I'm a Mavic user, based in Sandton, JHB.  Been using it for about a 1.5 months now, absolutely awesome machine
Made a little video while down in Plett this December.

Awesome video.. Its footage like this that made me buy my Mavick Air.. Cant wait to get flying.
2018-3-23
Use props
Kevjones1959
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Howzit guys I have an Air in Fourways....
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Hi Dudes (any Dudettes here?),

My name is Hendrik and I`m from Pringle Bay.
Got my Mavic Air now for about 2.5 months.
Anyone with a DJI is welcome to contact me.
Pringle Bay resized 25.JPG
2018-5-14
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

Where in South Africa are you from?
2018-5-14
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

Good idea!!
2018-5-14
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

There are 31 people, including the original M CUBED MEDIA Dude, that replied.
Being a "map" guy I`d like to put the locations on a map.  However only 23 people gave an indication of their town/suburb.
Would the guys that did not give their locality be very horrible with me if I asked you by name where you live?
Other "statistics"

Model not given = 7
Spark = 1
Mavic unspecified = 1
Mavic Air = 2
Mavic Pro = 10
M600 = 1
Phantom 3 = 2
Phantom 4 = 5
Inspire = 1
Dealer = 1

2018-5-14
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Pretoria based. Bought the MA 3 months back, took it to Namibia, and did a few flights around Pretoria, but since "infected" the MA with the 0.400 firmware, so it is in for repairs or replacement.....
First drone, and while it was working, loving it.
2018-7-13
Use props
P3Sdestroyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Vernon from Nelspruit in the Lowveld P4
2019-11-1
Use props
aspentra
lvl.1

South Africa

I've got a Mavic Pro (the first one, not the Mavic 2) here in Knysna and am looking to source a 5D button for the RC without having to send away to the US for it, because that just takes too long. Anybody got an old RC that doesn't work and they could sell me the 5D button?
2021-5-11
Use props
Droffarc
Captain
Flight distance : 11264892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

BravoFox Posted at 2017-1-23 04:52
Not a Mavic pilot, but I do have a phantom 4. JLP's post reminded me of the first day that I flew my Phantom on December 11 2016 when I took the attatched pic.
I farm in the Northen Cape near Kimberley.

Magic pic! well done!
Hope the bird got away!
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_QoHTj9yalJOX
New
Flight distance : 55197 ft
South Africa

Hi guys! It’s nice to meet you all! I’m based in Milnerton, Cape Town and am still very new to flying. Am the proud owner of a Mavic mini2. Loving that it’s so small !! Any recommendations on great flying spots around the Cape? Itching to get out there again and fly/shoot. I usually drive out into the sticks and find a nice corn field to fly over and practice my moves, but think I’d like to change my scenery a bit… one can only shoot so much corn!! hahahaha
2021-10-13
Use props
djiuser_1AkhpaGzgCaj
New
Nigeria

Hey guys I’m a DJI Mac 2 user from Nigeria would be visiting SA next week would you recommend I bring it along with me to South Africa if not can I connect with a done flyer in or around Pretoria during my stay ? I would be there for a month !!! Thanks  
2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules