Android tablet, DJI GO 4 and USB port ???
17313 16 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Have a problem using my Medion 10.1" Android tablet with DJI GO 4. I can use the program to connect over WiFi to my Mavic, where everything seemed to work ok. But when I connect to the tablet over the radio controller via USB cable, works DJI GO 4 suddenly no more and write Disconnectet. There is no connection at all to my Mavic more but the program is stil working. :-(

How do I get the USB port opened, so I can use my Mavic over the radio controller ?

Regard Leif.
2017-1-13
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

With most Android tablets you need to go into the main settings of the device and firstly you need to enable developer options. Once you have enabled this go into the developer options and then enable USB debugging. Hopefully you should find everything will then connect, but be aware that the battery from the remote will be charging your tablet too, so always best to make sure your tablet is fully charged as the battery life of the remote is a little limited.
2017-1-13
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

I have to close out the app completely then start the remote with out the usb cable connected and then connect the cable and it should ask you to connect to go4 app.  Same thing the the DJI GO app also for me.
2017-1-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Jimney Posted at 2017-1-13 02:55
With most Android tablets you need to go into the main settings of the device and firstly you need to enable developer options. Once you have enabled this go into the developer options and then enable USB debugging. Hopefully you should find everything will then connect, but be aware that the battery from the remote will be charging your tablet too, so always best to make sure your tablet is fully charged as the battery life of the remote is a little limited.

Thanks for answers Jimmy.

The problem is I can not find 'Developer options' and 'enable USB debugging' in some places on the machine. Can you explain to me where I find the two points/places.  

Regards Leif.

EDIT: Android 5.1
2017-1-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-13 04:27
I have to close out the app completely then start the remote with out the usb cable connected and then connect the cable and it should ask you to connect to go4 app.  Same thing the the DJI GO app also for me.

I wish it is/was that simple Wes. Unfortunately, there is little more on this case. Thought it's weird DJI do nothing more to resolve this problem.  

Regards Leif.
2017-1-13
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-1-13 05:02
I wish it is/was that simple Wes. Unfortunately, there is little more on this case. Thought it's weird DJI do nothing more to resolve this problem.  

Regards Leif.

to enable the developer option

Stock Android: Settings > About phone > Build number

Samsung Galaxy S5: Settings > About device > Build number

LG G3: Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number

HTC One (M8): Settings > About > Software information > More > Build number

Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap on the section 7 times. After two taps, a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer" with a number that counts down with every additional tap.
2017-1-13
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

Since you're using a tablet, i'm assuming you're using the bottom usb port of the radio. If you do, you have to disconnect the micro USB connector on the side of the radio or else it won't send the signals you need to the bottom port of the radio!!

Hope with the above instructions you'll get it working!
2017-1-13
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-1-13 04:37
Thanks for answers Jimmy.

The problem is I can not find 'Developer options' and 'enable USB debugging' in some places on the machine. Can you explain to me where I find the two points/places.  

Hi Leif,

This video should help. It's a hidden feature

2017-1-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Thanks for good input Wes, lildevilx and Jimmy. I have now set the developer option on. It helped enormously on DJI GO 4 to see my radiocontroller and vice versa the camera on Mavic.  

But, but, now I've got a new problem.   DJI GO 4 is crashing more than good. Is there anything I can do other than reduce the bandwidth of the camera dowlink ?

Regards Leif.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Did you try the first simple thing first? The large USB port only works if you unplug the cable from the small USB port first. As long as a cable (even without a device) is connected to the small USB port, the large one does not work.
2017-1-13
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had lots of crashing as well, it turned out to be a combination of bad cable and loose usb port. Try the cable that comes with the mavic charger, the USB Micro to USB cable. Works great for me.
2017-1-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-13 07:48
Did you try the first simple thing first? The large USB port only works if you unplug the cable from the small USB port first. As long as a cable (even without a device) is connected to the small USB port, the large one does not work.

Thanks Dronoob.

This USB cable was removed as the first thing I did because I can not use an iPad plug for my 10.1 "Android tablet. Have tried and use both USB connectors of the radio controller without it makes no difference.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Mir Posted at 2017-1-13 08:44
I had lots of crashing as well, it turned out to be a combination of bad cable and loose usb port. Try the cable that comes with the mavic charger, the USB Micro to USB cable. Works great for me.

Hi.

Is obs of poor USB cable. Unfortunately, none of the 4 I've tried do any difference. And the connector on the tablet seemed to be ok.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-13
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same issue with a levono 8" tablet it connects it opens the DJI go 4 app but then it just does disconnected ive tried different usb cables and everything nothing is working.
connects wifi perfect but i want it to be hard wired.
2019-1-11
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

maybe a stupid question, did you set back the wifi/rc switch to rc on the Mavic?
Did you tried  go4    4.1.22 version?Also I use the bottum USB plug of the RC, first start RC, then Mavic, then put usb cable into RC.

2019-1-12
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-12 01:05
maybe a stupid question, did you set back the wifi/rc switch to rc on the Mavic?
Did you tried  go4    4.1.22 version?Also I use the bottum USB plug of the RC, first start RC, then Mavic, then put usb cable into RC.

Sorry, I should have said i have the Spark. i was just googling this issue and happened to find this thread.
i always turn on the remote first then the aircraft then plug in the tablet or phone. seems to be the only way i get my phones to connect.
I have version 4.3.10 how would i be able to use a older version, I am new to DJI only had the spark not even a week. love it just wanted a bigger screen to look at was using my moto g6 and old samsung J7 but the J7 has a wired issue where the screen goes black while im flying its a old phone and i switched to the G6 cause of issues.
2019-1-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

In that case try  version 4.1.15, it works on most android devices
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules