Gimbal pitch movement limited.
940 6 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4255 ft
Singapore

I switched my Mavic into sport mode today, and the warning that popped up was "gimbal pitch movement limit." Anyone know why I got this warning?
IMG_0690.PNG
2017-1-13
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Its my belief that 'gimbal pitch movement limit' means that the tilt on the aircraft is further than the gimbal can adjust for. Im surprised you got it that far over but sport mode will make the tilt more than normal.   Were you flying in wind which may have increased the tilt further?   

I don't think its a really a warning as such.... just letting you know what happened.  The obvious side effect would be in the video you record, where the picture would no longer be held still as the camera angle would have changed.
2017-1-13
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Singapore

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-13 06:11
Its my belief that 'gimbal pitch movement limit' means that the tilt on the aircraft is further than the gimbal can adjust for. Im surprised you got it that far over but sport mode will make the tilt more than normal.   Were you flying in wind which may have increased the tilt further?   

I don't think its a really a warning as such.... just letting you know what happened.  The obvious side effect would be in the video you record, where the picture would no longer be held still as the camera angle would have changed.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a very windy day, so really not sure why. Anyway, thanks again.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?
I'd suggest you to move the stick gently.
2017-1-15
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 20:01
Were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?
I'd suggest you to move the stick gently.

Yeah I suppose I might have been a tad bit aggressive on the controls, lol. Thanks again!

I was playing around again in sport mode the other day. Did not have the same issues. All good.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cooldraw Posted at 2017-1-15 23:28
Yeah I suppose I might have been a tad bit aggressive on the controls, lol. Thanks again!

I was playing around again in sport mode the other day. Did not have the same issues. All good.

Thank you for your update.
Enjoy your flight. :-)
2017-1-16
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

United States

Should I be worried that this warning pops up often when I fly (since I fly quite aggressively). Also a little worried about the gimbal as sometimes I forget to take the gimbal holder off before powering on - does that do a lot of damage to the gimbal, since I know there is a power on procedure that it goes through
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules