Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Disconnected (wont reconnect)
12Next >
12015 46 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JTET
New

United States

I just recieved my Phantom 3 standard, I've had 5-6 succesful flights over the course of a few days, then I lost camera signal (even with aircraft within reach), but was still able to operate the aircraft. I tired some trouble shooting with no success. Then I also lost ability to control the aircraft. The app says, "remote control connected, now connect aircraft". Numerous times I've tried to reconnect the controller both through the app, and only using the controller and aircraft. There is never a sucessful reconnect. I've contacted DJI support, without any real troubleshooting they said I need to send the controller in for repair. I never dropped the controller or anything like that, I dont understand how it can just stop working after a few flights. I'm dissapointed I've spent so much on an aircraft that immediatly needs service.  Is there a way to "reset' the aircraft and controller to factory settings, or any other processes I can try before sending in for service?
2017-1-13
Use props
Zediathewolf
lvl.1
United States

We are having the EXACT same problem. Only used a few times then lost camera signal (Not "No signal" but "Disconnected") Now the remote is not connecting to drone. I did try to link rc and drone with button but no use. Want to also try resetting before sending it back. VERY DISAPPOINTING...
2017-1-13
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Try reconnecting with your phone set to airplane mode, with wifi turned on. See if that makes any difference.
Phone on, wifi active, DJIGo app not running.
Turn on transmitter.
Turn on P3
Check ssid for Phantom is in your list of available wifi connections on your phone.
Launch DJI Go app.
2017-1-13
Use props
Zediathewolf
lvl.1
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-13 12:06
Try reconnecting with your phone set to airplane mode, with wifi turned on. See if that makes any difference.
Phone on, wifi active, DJIGo app not running.
Turn on transmitter.

For me, my transmitter is not even connected to P3. I tried the button(Yes it is red), link rc in app- nothing
2017-1-13
Use props
Jobhunterinak'
New

United States

One of the things I did after having my gimabl set replaced and going through all of the posts on how to reset the system, was to change the WiFi Host name in the App. Give that a try
2017-1-14
Use props
Zediathewolf
lvl.1
United States

I do feel like im kind of overtaking this thread, but nevertheless I did try changing the ssid and password of transmitter- nothing worked. The complications did happen after a 5-6ft fall from hovering and im wondering if some wire or connection was pulled within the drone/gimbal.
2017-1-15
Use props
Eduardo9
lvl.1
Mexico

Jobhunterinak' Posted at 2017-1-14 10:11
One of the things I did after having my gimabl set replaced and going through all of the posts on how to reset the system, was to change the WiFi Host name in the App. Give that a try

Thanks... works for me...Change for a new gimbal too and had the same trouble....now my DJI Phantom 3 works fine...regards from Acapulco Mexico
https://www.instagram.com/eddiecastanon/
2017-3-28
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue. The RC and AC wouldn't connect after a firmware update. I tried everything possible to get them to Link up again. No Camera image, RC was charged and would power up, PS3 was charged and would power up but there was no connection. I followed DJI's instructions and Instructions on youtube, I also drove one way 120miles to a UAVRepair guy in Minneapolis and he wasn't ably to get me going again.

The PS3 was 2 months old, Flown maybe 6 or 8 short times and is now dead... DJI now has it in for repair and the process isn't fast by any means. The Online support wasn't great. The person on FB answered pretty fast but it was useless information. They pretty much told me to "Keep Trying" to reinstall firmware and Link the RC and AC. This Failed every time.
2017-4-16
Use props
50mmtorres
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39216 ft
United States

I had this issue a few weeks back. I would get ready to fly and everything was fine but a few seconds after taking off the RC would disconnect and RTH. What worked for me was re-linking the RC. Has been working good now no disconnect.
Linking RC.jpg
2017-4-16
Use props
WCBM
lvl.1
Canada

Take your device (Cell or tablet)  keep it away from the controller 12 inches or more and start over. I had just been through this. I believe the problem maybe the orientation of the antennas inside the controller. My cure was installing GM5 antennas (aka: argtek)
2017-4-16
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

Why does the video feed and remote control disconnect after the firmware upgrade for Phantom3 Standard? I've searched everywhere but still cant't get it to work for more than a few minutes. I've also downgraded the firmware but it still encountering the same problem. I've tried calling support but they tell me I need to send the unit to Carson, California. I'm from overseas and it will cost me a fortune to send it back to the US and also have it brought back to me. This is very frustrating - investing in something that doesn't work. DJI - you should do something about your products. You cannot have them fail.
2017-4-17
Use props
grahamf
New

United Kingdom

Zediathewolf Posted at 2017-1-13 11:06
We are having the EXACT same problem. Only used a few times then lost camera signal (Not "No signal" but "Disconnected") Now the remote is not connecting to drone. I did try to link rc and drone with button but no use. Want to also try resetting before sending it back. VERY DISAPPOINTING...

Im Having Problems connecting my Phantom3 Standard, Loaded new DJI App wont connect seems we nearly have same Problem. Would like to here if you get a result
2017-4-17
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-16 01:07
I had the same issue. The RC and AC wouldn't connect after a firmware update. I tried everything possible to get them to Link up again. No Camera image, RC was charged and would power up, PS3 was charged and would power up but there was no connection. I followed DJI's instructions and Instructions on youtube, I also drove one way 120miles to a UAVRepair guy in Minneapolis and he wasn't ably to get me going again.

The PS3 was 2 months old, Flown maybe 6 or 8 short times and is now dead... DJI now has it in for repair and the process isn't fast by any means. The Online support wasn't great. The person on FB answered pretty fast but it was useless information. They pretty much told me to "Keep Trying" to reinstall firmware and Link the RC and AC. This Failed every time.

Same problem with mine. Have you had any luck?
2017-4-17
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

I talked to DJI support but they want me to return the unit to Carson, California for data analysis. I'm form the Philippines and to send back the unit, I might as well buy a new one considering the cost to send it to the US. I was thinking of buying a new DJI but after this experience I'm not sure I want to. Very frustrating.
2017-4-17
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

IS ANYONE FROM DJI READING THIS FORUM EXCHANGES? WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT???
2017-4-17
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

Have you had any luck with your P3S?
2017-4-17
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

rbo032790 Posted at 2017-4-17 18:32
Same problem with mine. Have you had any luck?

$110. is what I paid to fix it.. Don't know how soon I will have it back.

They put in a new Main Board.

This is all it says on the Damage assessment.

Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

It was only 2 months old so It should have been under warranty. I just wanted it back. the Repair process is a SCAM...
2017-4-18
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-18 18:53

I've been to the guy in New Brighton before and he's usually pretty good. Hopefully you don't have any more issues.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-18 18:53

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rbo032790 Posted at 2017-4-17 18:32
I talked to DJI support but they want me to return the unit to Carson, California for data analysis. I'm form the Philippines and to send back the unit, I might as well buy a new one considering the cost to send it to the US. I was thinking of buying a new DJI but after this experience I'm not sure I want to. Very frustrating.

If you're in the Philippines, you should have an alternative Service center to send it to. To clarify, did you buy the unit while in the US, or did you buy it locally or the DJI Website?
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

grahamf Posted at 2017-4-17 12:24
Im Having Problems connecting my Phantom3 Standard, Loaded new DJI App wont connect seems we nearly have same Problem. Would like to here if you get a result

Have you already tried resetting the WiFi module or 'forgetting' the P3's WiFi signal from your device's list and reconnecting it? Did you notice this after updating firmware or the Go app?
2017-4-18
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 19:16
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?

DJI-Jamie

The reason I say its a scam is that there is no way for me to know the real problem. DJI holds all of the cards. DJI has my drone, DJI wants my money in order to fix it and DJI will get my money so I can get my drone back. No communication just a $ amount i need to pay to get it fixed and returned.

Is anything ever covered by warranty? Lots of people are having the exact same issue. RC and AC won't link after firmware.

The Drone worked fine, I did an update to the firmware and that is when it stopped working. The RC and AC would no longer Link. I was flying it earlier that day just fine. Firmware update caused something to happen. I'm bummed that it cost me $110 when it was only 2 months old. I own this P3S and a Mavic.. I hope to never have to send anything back again.

Also, My 32gb SD card was in the P3S. I want to get that back too. I sent an email and never heard back about that.

Thank you for looking into it.

CAS-537751-F3B6P6
2017-4-18
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-4-18 19:14
I've been to the guy in New Brighton before and he's usually pretty good. Hopefully you don't have any more issues.

The Guy in New Brighton was awesome... But was not able to help. He had 2 other P3S's that had the same issue. No fix. Firmware killed them as well.
2017-4-18
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 19:20
If you're in the Philippines, you should have an alternative Service center to send it to. To clarify, did you buy the unit while in the US, or did you buy it locally or the DJI Website?

I bought mine from the DJI online store in the US. It worked fine until the firmware updates. These updates just screw the whole camera connection. DJI - what are you doing??
2017-4-18
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 19:20

I bought my P3S from the US DJI online store in 2016. It was fine until the firmware updates started.Then the camera connection stops after a few minutes. DJI - what are you doing?
2017-4-18
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

rbo032790 Posted at 2017-4-18 23:56
I bought my P3S from the US DJI online store in 2016. It was fine until the firmware updates started.Then the camera connection stops after a few minutes. DJI - what are you doing?

Talked to DJI support - nada. They want me to send the unit to Carson, California. How can I do that without spending a fortune? Might as well buy a new one, but NOT a DJI. I just wonder how the ratings are high on DJI? Maybe they're paid to give a high rating....sorry but I'm so frustrated.
2017-4-19
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI should update their firmware to address this issue. Not doing anything doesn't really do well for the company. I'd be wary recommending friends to buy a DJI. Might lose all of my friends.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rbo032790 Posted at 2017-4-19 00:00
Talked to DJI support - nada. They want me to send the unit to Carson, California. How can I do that without spending a fortune? Might as well buy a new one, but NOT a DJI. I just wonder how the ratings are high on DJI? Maybe they're paid to give a high rating....sorry but I'm so frustrated.

Would you happen to provide your case or ticket number so I can look into it?
2017-4-19
Use props
Andy1963
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40548 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 13:25
Would you happen to provide your case or ticket number so I can look into it?

I realy do feel for you DJI Jamie your trained like a robot to tell the people who are having all theses app & firmware troubles that its something that they have done wrong People aren't Stupid. your forums a full of all this, are your programmers working on these troubles or they just telling you guys to say what you keep saying here's a case number send us money & we will fix it. TUT how do they sleep at night.... with an healthy bank account that's how !
2017-4-19
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

Andy1963 Posted at 2017-4-19 14:33
I realy do feel for you DJI Jamie your trained like a robot to tell the people who are having all theses app & firmware troubles that its something that they have done wrong People aren't Stupid. your forums a full of all this, are your programmers working on these troubles or they just telling you guys to say what you keep saying here's a case number send us money & we will fix it. TUT how do they sleep at night.... with an healthy bank account that's how !

I feel the same way. All of the DJI support is someone saying Try this and if it doesn't work keep trying.. If that doesn't work Send it in and we will Charge you.

Is it really hard to have some real human contact? Someone to talk to about the issues?

DJI Support is someone typing on FB, Or answering posts on a Forum. Thats all the luck I've had until the PS3 was sent in and Paid for support.

NOT HAPPY with DJI

I wish Go Pro would step up the game. They make great product other than the Karma. I've always had great luck with Gopro support.
2017-4-20
Use props
Andy1963
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40548 ft
United Kingdom

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-20 07:58
I feel the same way. All of the DJI support is someone saying Try this and if it doesn't work keep trying.. If that doesn't work Send it in and we will Charge you.

Is it really hard to have some real human contact? Someone to talk to about the issues?

Same here love my gopro 4 silver edition never had trouble with it, Im a photographer here in the uk & buy Canon gear in the 20 years of my photography i have never been let down by canon, i had to send my canon 7d mkii back last oct they returned a new one to me within 2 & a half weeks  & a phone call the day  after i had signed for it at the door with a sorry and a gift card of £50 pounds to spend in any london camera exchange uk. Now thats what i call support.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-18 23:14
DJI-Jamie

The reason I say its a scam is that there is no way for me to know the real problem. DJI holds all of the cards. DJI has my drone, DJI wants my money in order to fix it and DJI will get my money so I can get my drone back. No communication just a $ amount i need to pay to get it fixed and returned.

Based on what was provided, repair team had found signs of a hard landing, which could attribute to performance issues when downloading updates. Crashes or hard landings in of themselves are not covered under warranty, unless there is verification that it was caused by a malfunction of the craft itself. Should you have any questions regarding any invoices you receive, it would be best to get in contact with Support in order to receive clarification directly. In regards to the SD card, I'll ensure that's it noted accordingly.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rbo032790 Posted at 2017-4-19 00:00

I had verified that the Philippines region is supposed to be working with HQ in China for repair services and not the US. If you could please provide your case number, I can see where the miscommunication lies and address it accordingly. Please respond at your earliest convenience so this can get sorted.
2017-4-20
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

Andy1963 Posted at 2017-4-20 09:18
Same here love my gopro 4 silver edition never had trouble with it, Im a photographer here in the uk & buy Canon gear in the 20 years of my photography i have never been let down by canon, i had to send my canon 7d mkii back last oct they returned a new one to me within 2 & a half weeks  & a phone call the day  after i had signed for it at the door with a sorry and a gift card of £50 pounds to spend in any london camera exchange uk. Now thats what i call support.

That is great support.
2017-4-20
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 12:30
Based on what was provided, repair team had found signs of a hard landing, which could attribute to performance issues when downloading updates. Crashes or hard landings in of themselves are not covered under warranty, unless there is verification that it was caused by a malfunction of the craft itself. Should you have any questions regarding any invoices you receive, it would be best to get in contact with Support in order to receive clarification directly. In regards to the SD card, I'll ensure that's it noted accordingly.

Thanks for checking.. The PS3 worked fine after the hard landing. The problem happened after the Firmware update.

I'm just looking forward to having it back to capture some springtime here.

Thank you for checking in on the SD card as well.
2017-4-20
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

Same with my go pro in the Philippines. The case cracked and they replaced it no questions asked from their Singapore office. Delivered the part in 3 days time right at my doorstep. That's what I call service. I hope GoPro succeeds in their drone technology. If they do, they'll give DJI a run for their money.
2017-4-20
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-20 16:14
Thanks for checking.. The PS3 worked fine after the hard landing. The problem happened after the Firmware update.

I'm just looking forward to having it back to capture some springtime here.

Same here...no hard lading at all on any damage. The video disconnection only started with the firmware update. Will all the great programmers, I am at a loss why DJI hasn't solved this yet. Imagine asking the customer to send his unit to Hong Kong from the Philippines and back and having to pay for all the expenses. There's also customs (tax) issues. In the end, I would end up paying an amount for which I could have bought a P4. That is if I will ever buy another DJI.
2017-4-20
Use props
rbo032790
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 12:35
I had verified that the Philippines region is supposed to be working with HQ in China for repair services and not the US. If you could please provide your case number, I can see where the miscommunication lies and address it accordingly. Please respond at your earliest convenience so this can get sorted.

Thanks. Someone from your DJI Support Team named Kiyan Sui asked me to fill in a form with aircraft (serial number) and purchase details so she can arrange for repair in Hong Kong. I am not sure who will pay for the freight charges to/from Hong Kong and Manila, Philippines. I am also no sure if there will be customs (tax) charges or what the process will be. I don't even know how long the repair will be. I relayed some questions but I am still waiting for a reply. I bought my P3S from the US DJI online store, order number 001158178246 last Feb 15, 2016. When DJI updated the firmware last Nov 2016, the problem started. The unit is hardly used. The video feed keeps getting disconnected although I can still fly the aircraft but no video feed.

May I know who will shoulder the shipping costs to/from Hong Kong and the Philippines?
2017-4-20
Use props
Holmeswake
lvl.1

United States

Well, the waiting continues. I got a Call from Oscar (I think that's what his name was) From DJI. He contacted me over this issue. He informed me that the repair center was backed up so it would be the following week (THIS WEEK) that my P3S would be returned to me. He said Early to Mid week.. It's now the end of the week. Tomorrow is Friday which is 8 full working days. So the FALSE info on the website telling me that 3-6 working days. Just be honest.. Tell me it will take a month, update the website and tell me it will take 8-11 days.. JUST BE HONEST...

I've heard a few horror stories about DJI Support. There is a great video on Youtube where the guy got the run around for months on his Mavic. I feel really sorry for him.

DJI WAKE UP PLEASE... You are the only game in town, The best Drones out there. Treat the customers like your babies. Make us feel good about the product and the support experience. We will keep coming back if the experience is handled smoothly. I'm at a 4.5 out of 10 (10 being best) on my feeling for this experience so far. Get me to an 8 and I'll be ok.

2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Holmeswake Posted at 2017-4-27 13:06
Well, the waiting continues. I got a Call from Oscar (I think that's what his name was) From DJI. He contacted me over this issue. He informed me that the repair center was backed up so it would be the following week (THIS WEEK) that my P3S would be returned to me. He said Early to Mid week.. It's now the end of the week. Tomorrow is Friday which is 8 full working days. So the FALSE info on the website telling me that 3-6 working days. Just be honest.. Tell me it will take a month, update the website and tell me it will take 8-11 days.. JUST BE HONEST...

I've heard a few horror stories about DJI Support. There is a great video on Youtube where the guy got the run around for months on his Mavic. I feel really sorry for him.

You should have received notification that the unit shipped Today.
2017-4-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules