P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
123456Next >
13302 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I have a brand new P4pro with built in LCD and no mather what video link settings I choose, I get some laggy freezing moments with the downlink.

Is this common with P4 with build in LCD?

I will upload sample video recorded on RC where this is visible.
2017-1-14
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the same on mine. Was trying to be patient since I'm on my second one. But problems still persist
2017-1-14
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Not good news, but good to know that I am not the only one with the problem. I hope it has to do something with the firmware.
2017-1-14
Use props
Daschpiel
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Similar issue with P4P+ .... Being that DJI runs these
2017-1-14
Use props
Daschpiel
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Won't let me edit - crazy forums.... but with DJI running these forums hopefully enough people will share similar issues to drive change... this firmware is over a month old, hopefully the programmers are working hard on some fixes
2017-1-14
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Here is my situation with freezing video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 1-b696-efe46dbf6341
2017-1-14
Use props
fansb8463b3d
lvl.1
United States

I looked at your video and I have the exact same problem with my P4P+.  I upgraded to the latest firmware prior to my first flight yesterday.    However, the laggy freezing only appeared on the monitor and not on the recorded video.   One additional 'feature' which appeared on both the monitor and the recorded video was a shimmer on the vertical trunks of trees which had sunlight highlighting one side of the trunk.  The same shimmer appears on the recording made with my P3P, but not as pronounced.
2017-1-14
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Costa Rica

I'm selling my controller with screen if anyone is interested. No longer will use it.
2017-1-14
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I have a brand new P4pro with built in LCD and no mather what video link  settings I choose, I get some laggy freezing moments with the downlink.
Is this common with P4 with build in LCD?
I will upload sample video recorded on RC where this is visible.

Does the video on the SD card from the AC have the same glitches?
2017-1-14
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Videos recorded on SD card in the drone are smooth. This issue is only with the live view during the flight. I have to try with HDMI out from the remote, to see if the problem is in built in LCD or the video link itself.

Did anyone speak with DJI support about this issue?
2017-1-15
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

I am also having the exact same issues. Just started yesterday after the new firmware update. Videos on SD card were fine, but the live view kept freezing, even when the drone was right on top of me.
2017-1-15
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

But you didn't have issues with the previous FW?

What if you try to downgrade, is the same situation?
2017-1-15
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I tried to go one FW down and problem was still there. I also tried with HDMI out and there was the same freezing video on the  external monitor.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-15 04:05
I tried to go one FW down and problem was still there. I also tried with HDMI out and there was the same freezing video on the  external monitor.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll report it to our engineers and get back to you once i get an answer.
2017-1-16
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

I am having the same problem. Screen downlink is shocking! Freezing, pixelating, distorting image. Not as bad during playback on computer but stuttering and image sticking is atrocious! P4Pro+
2017-1-16
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

MRZP Posted at 2017-1-16 04:09
I am having the same problem. Screen downlink is shocking! Freezing, pixelating, distorting image. Not as bad during playback on computer but stuttering and image sticking is atrocious! P4Pro+

Im using a late 2011 17inch Macbook pro with a AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB graphics card. OS El Capitan. Could this be the problem?

Doesn't explain the problem with the built in screen on the remote.
2017-1-16
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

MRZP Posted at 2017-1-16 04:26
Im using a late 2011 17inch Macbook pro with a AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB graphics card. OS El Capitan. Could this be the problem?

Doesn't explain the problem with the built in screen on the remote.

Ok so yep... it is my graphics card... just edited and exported in 1080p and smooth as a baby.

The built in monitor cant seem to handle the downlink.... any ideas on how to fix this?
2017-1-16
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Poland

I think there is a problem with the link, not the LCD or app. Because if you choose HDMI out there is the same issue.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

To locate the issue, may I know it happens to all flights or not?
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tommy Tenzo Posted at 2017-1-14 08:36
I noticed the same on mine. Was trying to be patient since I'm on my second one. But problems still persist

The same problem happens to each flight you had, right?
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Daschpiel Posted at 2017-1-14 13:39
Similar issue with P4P+ .... Being that DJI runs these

Daschpiel, thanks for your feedback, I've reported it to our engineers, to locate where the problem exists, please help confirm it freezes for each flight you had or not?
2017-1-16
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Finland

DJI Natalia, yes, every flight.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-17 00:49
DJI Natalia, yes, every flight.

I got the feedback just now, the aircraft needs to be sent in and our engineers will help you evaluate it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support at support.eu@dji.com to create a case number, we'll help you follow up the case.
2017-1-17
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Costa Rica

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-16 23:20
The same problem happens to each flight you had, right?

Yes, but its gone in the middle of the ocean now. So I'm just going to purchase a Mavic and wait until DJI gets all of the issues sorted out with the Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-1-17
Use props
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 04:53
I got the feedback just now, the aircraft needs to be sent in and our engineers will help you evaluate it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support at  to create a case number, we'll help you follow up the case.

Natalia - Are you saying all of the people with P4Pro+ who are having this problem need to send their system (aircraft and controller) back to DJI for repair?
2017-1-17
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Prop Buster Posted at 2017-1-17 09:55
Natalia - Are you saying all of the people with P4Pro+ who are having this problem need to send their system (aircraft and controller) back to DJI for repair?

I sent my + back for a refund .I have not heard anything back and they have had it several days .Of all the DJI drones I have bought the P4P+ was the worst .I have never had so many issues .It is not safe to fly ,end of story .I know some of you are having no trouble but mine was so bad .
2017-1-17
Use props
jpferman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1775 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 04:53
Please feel free to contact our tech support at  to create a case number, we'll help you follow up the case.

Hi Natalia-
     I've been reading this thread and wanted to add my comments. I received my Phantom 4 Pro last Tuesday and right from the get-go, I noticed my built-in monitor was flickering and was jumpy. After the flight, I viewed the recorded video and it was flickering and jumpy and there were areas of pixelation. I made several flights and came to the conclusion that the flickering was occurring whenever I was recording video. As soon as I would stop recording video, the monitor would appear to be normal. So, it appears tha the problem ,for me, occurred only when I was actually shooting video.
     I sent the drone back after chatting with technical support and wrote a letter describing what I just told you.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tommy Tenzo Posted at 2017-1-17 06:30
Yes, but its gone in the middle of the ocean now. So I'm just going to purchase a Mavic and wait until DJI gets all of the issues sorted out with the Phantom 4 Pro.

Very sorry to hear about it's lost, hope you enjoy the Mavic.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Prop Buster Posted at 2017-1-17 09:55

Since it's hard to locate the issue remotely, if you have the same issue for every flight, it would be best to send it in for evaluation, we're so sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

perryb Posted at 2017-1-17 22:02
I sent my + back for a refund .I have not heard anything back and they have had it several days .Of all the DJI drones I have bought the P4P+ was the worst .I have never had so many issues .It is not safe to fly ,end of story .I know some of you are having no trouble but mine was so bad .

Perryb, very sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, we'll escalate the case and help you receive an update as soon as possible.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jpferman Posted at 2017-1-18 09:41
Hi Natalia-
     I've been reading this thread and wanted to add my comments. I received my Phantom 4 Pro last Tuesday and right from the get-go, I noticed my built-in monitor was flickering and was jumpy. After the flight, I viewed the recorded video and it was flickering and jumpy and there were areas of pixelation. I made several flights and came to the conclusion that the flickering was occurring whenever I was recording video. As soon as I would stop recording video, the monitor would appear to be normal. So, it appears tha the problem ,for me, occurred only when I was actually shooting video.
     I sent the drone back after chatting with technical support and wrote a letter describing what I just told you.

We will take care of your case once it's delivered.
Thanks for your details and we're concern much about the case.
2017-1-19
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

Natalia.... what is the fix to my problem? Do I really have to send it back? Who pays for postage.....?
2017-1-20
Use props
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 01:07
Since it's hard to locate the issue remotely, if you have the same issue for every flight, it would be best to send it in for evaluation, we're so sorry for the trouble caused.

Natalia - The problem has gotten worse.  In addition to the laggy freezing live view, the video on the memory card also freezes, distorts and pixelates.   In addition, after the aircraft landed, the software on the controller stopped working and had to be rebooted.  Fortunately the aircraft was on the ground.   What needs to be done to correct these problems?   Who do I contact and what is the phone number and email address?
2017-1-21
Use props
fans0b0a3d2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3721227 ft
Mexico

I think the problem of freezing P4P + is because of the small memory capacity of the screen and that runs on android system. Also, I never can reproduce the photos, when I press the "play" button during the flight, there is only a black window with the word "loading" .......and the focus is very slow and inaccurate.

I am an experienced user of the P4 with iPad mini and never had problems of freezing or viewing videos and photos that I am taking during the flight, or problems with focus.

You should program an override of the integrated P4P + screen to be able to use an IPad, maybe its a simple solución.

The new functions of P4P + are very good and produces great images and video, compared to the original phantom version 4.

I hope you do an update correcting these problems soon.
2017-1-21
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans0b0a3d2b Posted at 2017-1-21 12:53
I think the problem of freezing P4P + is because of the small memory capacity of the screen and that runs on android system. Also, I never can reproduce the photos, when I press the "play" button during the flight, there is only a black window with the word "loading" .......and the focus is very slow and inaccurate.

I am an experienced user of the P4 with iPad mini and never had problems of freezing or viewing videos and photos that I am taking during the flight, or problems with focus.

I had that exact same issue. Litterally had to wait for minutes for RC to sync with drone on, as opposed to almost being ready to review immediately on my phone.
2017-1-21
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160197 ft
United States

experienced this today every time I recorded...
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Prop Buster Posted at 2017-1-21 11:27
Natalia - The problem has gotten worse.  In addition to the laggy freezing live view, the video on the memory card also freezes, distorts and pixelates.   In addition, after the aircraft landed, the software on the controller stopped working and had to be rebooted.  Fortunately the aircraft was on the ground.   What needs to be done to correct these problems?   Who do I contact and what is the phone number and email address?

You can submit a repair case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Also you can open this link and get in touch with our support here: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MRZP Posted at 2017-1-20 02:16
Natalia.... what is the fix to my problem? Do I really have to send it back? Who pays for postage.....?

Very sorry for the issue, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com, our support will help you create a case and arrange the pickup for you.
2017-1-22
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

I am having the very same issue. Frequent glitches and freezes on the live video and video-cache. recorded videos are fine. Frequency does not matter, its the same for 2.4 and 5.8, it also does not matter how far away I am or how many other networks are near. I can be in a place with absolutely no reception or next to my house.

Natalia, from what I read on other forums this basically seems to be the case with every Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote, users have reported switching to the standard remote with an apple device solved their problem. Can you please confirm you still want them all to be sent back in for evaluation?
2017-1-23
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26490 ft
Netherlands

I have the exact same problem! This is getting very annoying. Did any of you guys try in 1080p? The problem goes away. It ONLY happens in 4k. I thought it might have been a video caching issue so turned off video cache, but problem still happens. The files that come out are perfectly fine, but it's impossible to make good movements with these glitches.

Again, ONLY in 4k. Can anyone else test shoot in 1080p to confirm this?

Waiting for a fix...
2017-1-23
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules