some editing help please
995 5 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

So my 10 year old computer with windows 7 is too old to edit 4k video, let alone even view it. I  got a gopro hero 5 for christmas so now i have two devices that can do 4k. I was only able to shoot 1080p video with mavic and gopro, and edit with windows movie maker. So I treated myself and bought an MSI GE62VR Apache Pro laptop in hopes of editing 4k videos. Now i've only used windows movie maker, and windows 10 does not have it. I would like some suggestions on which programs to edit with. I dont need much, just be able to splice videos in or out, add titles, add pictures, and add transitions. I tried Adobe premire but i have no idea what im doing, its just too professional for my needs. So if anyone knows any good video editing programs that fits my needs (paid programs are fine) could you tell me what i can use? Thank you.
2017-1-14
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Stick with premiere pro, once you've worked it out it's a breeze. I literally learned everything I know in premiere from youtube, just type in your question and someone will have made a tutorial video about it. Most basic video editing software won't offer 4k so you're gonna need to learn on a program thats pro to some degree. A simple thing I didn't even know was, importing clips to premiere, hit file-import then search for your clip and boom, it'll be in your browser, then just drag it to your timeline, use tools to edit or drag the ends of the clip to suit and repeat. fast colour corrector, in your effects tab, does most things and is easy to work out, just take your time with it and you'll get the hang of it
2017-1-14
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

iPurvis is right. Premier is excellent and if you're struggling with anything, search for your problem on YouTube. I input 'adobe premier basics' as a test and hundreds of videos came up!
2017-1-15
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lots of help for Premiere on youtube just stick at it - hard to beat for video.
Having said that you could try free gopro studio or download moviemaker it's still available.
2017-1-15
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Thanks for the advice guys! I think i will stick with it then and try to learn it. Unfortunately gopro studio isn't working on windows 10. It worked fine on windows 7 {:4_154:} and windows movie maker hasnt worked since windows 7 so time to get with the times like with my new laptop hahaha
2017-1-15
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-15 13:04
Thanks for the advice guys! I think i will stick with it then and try to learn it. Unfortunately gopro studio isn't working on windows 10. It worked fine on windows 7  and windows movie maker hasnt worked since windows 7 so time to get with the times like with my new laptop hahaha

I don't see many people posting about Pinnacle Studio, but I've been using it for years and I really like it.  The latest version has 4K abilities as well as export to the usual formats including Vimeo and YouTube.  I like it because it has a ton (too many really) of drag and drop transitions, titles, and effects that are simple to use on the standard timeline.

What I was happy to find was how it can enhance (color grade etc.) your raw footage right at the beginning.  Just double-clicking on the video thumbnail brings up a screen where there are easy to use slider bars for white balance, saturation, brightness, contrast, etc.  Another tab handles initial stability in the footage and another handles quick adjustments such as interlacing and aspect ratio.  Also, initial tuning of the audio can be done at this stage with an equalizer and a noise reduction control amongst others.  I found this much easier to use than DaVinci and with similar results.

This is all done before the clip is even dropped onto the timeline where the more detailed editing can take place.  I also like the "Scorefitter" function where royalty free background music is dropped onto the timeline and automatically ends the tune nicely when the clip ends.  Again, more than enough music genres to choose from.  I think the version 20 Ultimate is something like $90.  You may find this more friendly if you've been used to Windows Movie Maker.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules