Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mobile z-axis
4356 6 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
young-nyc 3
Second Officer
United States

Hello all.
Saw a video on YouTube and it seems that a Z-axis accessory for the osmo mobile is possible if attached via the left screw mount like this diy video.
DJI please consider making this for all osmo mobile users.
https://youtu.be/8aIJZ17w2U4
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That probably won't be necessary now. You have Osmo M1 camera now, combine it with Osmo handle and z-axis stabilizer.
2017-1-15
Use props
young-nyc 3
Second Officer
United States

Yes not necessary for Osmo users with the M1 since the handle is separate, but we need something for Osmo Mobile...since you cannot attach the current Z-Axis stabilizer. ;)
come on make it happen Thor!There are so may osmo mobile users who would love the Z-axis.
2017-1-17
Use props
fans83adb3e2
lvl.1

Canada

hey guys. I just did a DIY Z-AXIS MOD for OSMO MOBILE.
IMG_20170211_072414_181.jpg
2017-2-11
Use props
Arthompson107
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-15 20:03
That probably won't be necessary now. You have Osmo M1 camera now, combine it with Osmo handle and z-axis stabilizer.

I purchased a Osmo and z-axis about two months ago.  Everything worked great, however the video quality was super fuzzy.  I submitted a work request to DJI and had my Osmo replaced pretty quick.  Now that I have a new Osmo, it won't work with the z-axis.  Works fine on it's own.  But when connected to the z-axis, both lights on the handle are solid, the camera doesn't move, and I can't connect to wifi.  Any solutions, or should I just send the z-axis in?
2017-6-1
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-15 20:03

Unfortunately due to the weight of the M1 / weight of most modern smartphones the Z-Axis doesn't really work in this scenario.  There is a great little modification that can be achieved by using a spring / damper like found in this video -
2017-6-3
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

I've seen it done before with the DJI Osmo Zenmuse M1, Osmo handle, and Osmo Pro / Raw Z-Axis combination with smartphones.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules