Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Really blurry footages with Phantom 3 4K
1320 5 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicolas T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45039 ft
France

Hello,

I recently bought a Phantom 3 4K and already made a few tests. I must say I'm disapointed with the image quality I got so far and i'm wondering if it could be a hardware issue.

Below are two screenshots of raw 4K footages. The first one is shot in 4K/24fps with "optimized for post-prod" settings : custom white balance, iso 100, d-log colorimetric profile, sharpness - saturation - contrast set to -3. The second one is shot with all the default parameters in automatic and in 4K/30fps.
As you can see on both shots, only a small part of the image (on the right, mostly on the bottom) seems to be sharp, on focus. The other part is totally blurried.

What do you think ? Is there a way to fix this issue with settings or is it an hardware issue ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

View full size here

View full size here
2017-1-15
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

Here are two more shots from footages I just did one hour ago ! There is definitely a problem..
The trees on the right are on focus but the more you look left, the more blurry it becomes.

View full size here

View full size here
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please upload several original pictures directly from SD card to Dropbox and provide us the link, we'll help you check that.
2017-1-16
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

Thanks for you answer.

I just contacted the support here in France and I have to send the Phantom 3 to repair.

But here is a link to a footage which perfectly shows the issue : video

2017-1-16
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Yeah, some phantoms have had issues with out of focus lenses or just need new sensors in general. This problem is not uncommon unfortunately
2017-1-16
Use props
Nicolas T
lvl.1
France

Some updates :
I went to the FNAC (the shop where I bought it) in France. As the Phantom is still under guarantee, they will send it to repair.
But, as I really need a drone in a few days, I bought a new Phantom 3 4K from them (and planned to sell the other one when it will come back from DJI repair). Turned out the new Phantom 3 4K I bought had the exact same issue ! I think their entire stock must have the issue...

Anyway, I got my money back and will buy a new one from another store.
I hope this one will work !
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules