Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hello everyone!
I invested in the Litchi app for Mavic/Phantom and Inspire yesterday. Made a nice course and was on fire today, ready to let the drone loose.
However, the drone didnt start following the laid out waypoints, it just hovers in air, starts filming as I click play mission and the attached screen appeared.

Do anyone know what this means? Is it a bug? Tried a few times, only got the grey bar and camera started rolling, no actual movement from drone (mission was started mid-air so it was hovering).

Thanks a lot for any input!

Best regards.

IMG_2756.PNG
2017-1-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Any messages from LItchi? Does it say "Waypoints uploaded" and then "Mission started"? You should see those messages? Check that your RC is not set to Sport mode. This will stop any waypoint mission.
2017-1-15
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-1-15 09:39
Any messages from LItchi? Does it say "Waypoints uploaded" and then "Mission started"? You should see those messages? Check that your RC is not set to Sport mode. This will stop any waypoint mission.

Thank you for the reply friend!

I upload the course or route to the drone, then when I click the play button, the drone starts to film - as intended at the first waypoint, but then it just hovers, my patience ran out at 5 minutes.
I checked, the drone is not in sports mode.

I am however, using an iPhone 5 - could that mean some sort of latency issue?

I saw on a forum that Litchi might have an upward limit on waypoint lengths, it was listed as 2 km - could that be correct?

Best regards!
2017-1-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

JegerLars Posted at 2017-1-15 10:54
Thank you for the reply friend!

I upload the course or route to the drone, then when I click the play button, the drone starts to film - as intended at the first waypoint, but then it just hovers, my patience ran out at 5 minutes.

I don't think it's likely to be latency.  I'd run a test. Just do a waypoint mission with fixed gimbal (in other words set it to disabled or just don't use POI). This means the mission is autonomous. The drone should fly it even without communication to your RC and iPhone.  Make sure the waypoints are a sufficiently far apart. I have gotten odd results when the waypoints are too close together.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules