Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DIY ipad mini shade
1100 4 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

I made this shade for the ipad mini. It's lightweight and can fold flat but it's too big to fit in the fly-more bag. I used some reflectix that was lying around the house, a cardboard box from an electronics product, some duct tape and an old pair of spandex shorts... that's it!
The box was from a amazon shipment I received, it was similar to the material they use on the ipad or iphone boxes. I used the lid of the box and cut the top off so I had a rectangle frame for the shade and taped some reflectix around it. After it was secure, I cut a hole to allow access to the screen. Cut a piece of spandex and taped it on and making sure it was taut. Sliced a line in the spandex and tested it out. I had intended to use some elastic to secure it but the rigid cardboard I used for the frame was the perfect size to wedge in the controller arms without falling out. I might add the elastic in the future but for now this will do.

IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG
2017-1-15
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

OMG, Red Green would be proud of you!
2017-1-15
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

Petroboy Posted at 2017-1-15 11:48
OMG, Red Green would be proud of you!

Haha right!
2017-1-15
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why is it reflective inside?
2017-1-15
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.4

Canada

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-1-15 15:01
Why is it reflective inside?

Why not? Doesn't seem to bother my eyes.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules