Shall we expect delays for the Chinese New Year?
4015 6 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a Mavic in the upcoming weeks, although as DJI is a Chinese company and we all now that the New Year holidays are a major stop for mostly everything coming from China, shall we expect any further delays in production/shipping of the Mavic? Shipping estimation is 10-15 days to where I live (Germany) so I'm afraid that the New Year would maybe cause further delays.

Any idea if DJI keeps working during those dates or if everything stops?

Thanks and kind regards!

2017-1-16
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Chinese New Year's is part of a holiday that lasts about a week. Trying to guess when that week will cause a delay for a customer is not easy. It might be that the delay comes a month later, since the Mavic you'd be ordering might already be in a warehouse somewhere.

If you want a Mavic, go ahead and get one. Ordering one later won't make it come any sooner. I waited almost two months after I ordered, but once I got it, I was just happy to have it.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We will have three-day holiday for Chinese New Year.
It won't affect much about the shipping.
2017-1-16
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

JasonMBryant Posted at 2017-1-16 07:04
Chinese New Year's is part of a holiday that lasts about a week. Trying to guess when that week will cause a delay for a customer is not easy. It might be that the delay comes a month later, since the Mavic you'd be ordering might already be in a warehouse somewhere.

If you want a Mavic, go ahead and get one. Ordering one later won't make it come any sooner. I waited almost two months after I ordered, but once I got it, I was just happy to have it.

Yeah, you're right, but I won't be home for a few weeks and I don't like ordering expensive things when I'm not sure I'm going to be home. It's a common thing here in Germany where I live to leave the parcels to your neighbours if they can't find you, and I don't like the idea of leaving it with some neighbor that might not treat the packet as kindly as they should

Thanks for you reply!
2017-1-17
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-16 19:09
We will have three-day holiday for Chinese New Year.
It won't affect much about the shipping.

Thanks a lot Mindy,
That answer is all I needed! I guess that I had a wrong idea of the New Year's holiday in China (on the news here, they show it as huge thing where everything stops and goes crazy.. I guess the media always exagerates things

Anyway, if you're Chinese/in China, happy New year for you ;)
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-17 00:15
Thanks a lot Mindy,
That answer is all I needed! I guess that I had a wrong idea of the New Year's holiday in China (on the news here, they show it as huge thing where everything stops and goes crazy.. I guess the media always exagerates things

Thank you.  New Year's Day is very important to us.
But not everything stops. Haha  
2017-1-17
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
lvl.4

India

wow nice capture, well done
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules