9941 58 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some of you know the third party  AutoFlight Logic Autopilot  flight App support all the DJI drones. Hanger has teamed up with AutoFlight and coming out with more software for the drones we love.
https://hangar.com/
https://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot

Beta trials for the new Hanger 360 photo App are currently underway and it is simply amazing so far. It works with the Phantom series, Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro so far.

I have links to two of my processed 360 photos below.  The Hanger 360 App renders about 23 photos within the App and then you send the file to Hanger for processing. They send you a link (for now) of the finished product.  This is very cool and the weather today held for some testing

Enjoy
Rich

https://viewer.hangar.com/5mrpZ1Yd

https://viewer.hangar.com/eo049pY2
2017-1-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice, looks great! Shame we can't flip the drone upside down and get that top part of the 360 covered.
2017-1-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-16 20:42
Nice, looks great! Shame we can't flip the drone upside down and get that top part of the 360 covered.

Hi Ex M,

Yup that would be very cool indeed
I think this will be a lot of fun and it uses the stock camera on the Mavic Pro.  I am sure they will keep improving the App and right now it is pretty basic...

All the best
Rich
2017-1-16
Use props
Jeff Goldberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1457329 ft
United States

interesting. i will give it a look.
2017-1-25
Use props
Oyibo VFX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1134157 ft
Nigeria

Hey

I am a huge fan of the Autopilot app and I am very interested in the Hangar 360. Unfortunately my Mavic is at DJI Europe (hope to have it back this week) so I can't test the app yet.
I was happy to see that I can watch the samples on OSX Safari (which I can't do with my other YouTube footage). And there is also my question.
I post a number of 360 movies on YouTube (all work related) and was wondering if Hangar can do the same. I've see they have the Facebook protocol but my Facebook is private and I don't like to mix this.
So... does YouTube understand the Hangar protocol???
2017-3-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oyibo VFX Posted at 2017-3-27 05:05
Hey

I am a huge fan of the Autopilot app and I am very interested in the Hangar 360. Unfortunately my Mavic is at DJI Europe (hope to have it back this week) so I can't test the app yet.

Hanger 360 uses their servers to process the photo-set to produce the 360 image. They will provide you with a link to the finished 360 image view.... as I have put to of my shots below. So far this has been an awesome App with very few issues. With that said, during the latest FW updates by DJI, have rendered the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 on hold until a fix is found. Once the DJI fix or whatever they changed is known, then it should be back up and running again. The Inspire 1 and P3P still works fine.

Remember this is a beta test right now and more will be offered once the App is released.
Rich

https://viewer.hangar.com/Mgjv5lYG

https://viewer.hangar.com/MZjQnBrX
2017-3-27
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333412 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also love this app and have been using it for about a week. Works very well on my Phantom 4, but wish it would work on my Phantom 4 Pro, because of the better camera. After having toiled with stitching using PTGui and others, this is a godsend. Of course, there are features I would like to see added, but for now it's really working well. Here are links to a few I have done with the app.
Washington & Lee University and downtown Lexington, VA    http://bit.ly/2oas5Wq
Buena VIsta, Virginia   http://bit.ly/2oaa62o
Above my neighborhood, Lexington, VA   http://bit.ly/2oax3Cr
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-13 14:37
I also love this app and have been using it for about a week. Works very well on my Phantom 4, but wish it would work on my Phantom 4 Pro, because of the better camera. After having toiled with stitching using PTGui and others, this is a godsend. Of course, there are features I would like to see added, but for now it's really working well. Here are links to a few I have done with the app.
Washington & Lee University and downtown Lexington, VA    http://bit.ly/2oas5Wq
Buena VIsta, Virginia   http://bit.ly/2oaa62o

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing your photos. I believe the new FW update .0509 for the P4P has fixed the issues with Hanger 360... double check before you try it though.

Rich
2017-4-13
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-13 19:03
Hi Steve, thanks for sharing your photos. I believe the new FW update .0509 for the P4P has fixed the issues with Hanger 360... double check before you try it though.

Rich

Rich,
I tried the app with the firmware update. Seemed to fly and capture the images fine. I uploaded them without a hitch, but then I got a message back "Unable to Process". Do you know what that means, or what caused that to happen? Love the app, but almost no support for these kinds of issues. Thanks in advance.
Steve
2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-14 13:46
Rich,
I tried the app with the firmware update. Seemed to fly and capture the images fine. I uploaded them without a hitch, but then I got a message back "Unable to Process". Do you know what that means, or what caused that to happen? Love the app, but almost no support for these kinds of issues. Thanks in advance.
Steve

Steve,
I would reboot your device and try uploading again. I have not been able to try another series of shots yet but I will try it out tomorrow and get back to you.

I have had good feedback from Hanger and sometimes they get pretty busy during the beta testing... don't give up

All the best
Rich
2017-4-14
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-14 23:04
Steve,
I would reboot your device and try uploading again. I have not been able to try another series of shots yet but I will try it out tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks Rich. Good luck with your set. I did find two days ago that two of my VRs took about 8 hours to process! I would gladly pay for this service if it was fairly fast and RELIABLE. Can't use it for business unless I can count on it.
2017-4-15
Use props
fansc2a5c4e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112664 ft
Malta

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help. I just discovered Hangar 360, and it's a terrific app. My first attempt at a pano was successful, however, my second just didn't go anywhere.

I updated the app to version 1.2 and on Saturday shot a pano. All end well, but I simply cannot get it to transfer the shots to my iPad and then on to the Hangar servers. No green Library icon appears on screen. Am I missing something or may there be a bug in the update?

Thanks in advance for any help.
2017-4-17
Use props
SPOT01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21788 ft
United Kingdom

Where can I find an android version of this
2017-4-17
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

SPOT01 Posted at 2017-4-17 05:20

There is no Android version
2017-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SPOT01 Posted at 2017-4-17 05:20

Here is a link to the website for reading about Hanger 360.
Hanger
"When will you support Android? We're working to support Android in the future. We cannot commit to a timeline at this time."

Rich
2017-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-15 06:09
Thanks Rich. Good luck with your set. I did find two days ago that two of my VRs took about 8 hours to process! I would gladly pay for this service if it was fairly fast and RELIABLE. Can't use it for business unless I can count on it.

I took my Mavic out on a shoot to try the 360 App with the new 0509 FW update and had some issues... So I was not able to try it out yet.

I feel stupid,   I checked my App when getting home and found that it was not up to date!!  I will try it again and let you know.
Side note, my 360 shot processing was always within minutes after sending it to the servers.  They have a pretty good system to date anyway.
Rich
2017-4-17
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm going to try a new one today. I'll let you know how it turns out. Have you ever taken one at a lower altitude?
2017-4-17
Use props
fansa69b583b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 562982 ft
Germany

You can take the hi res images off the sd card and process them yourselves using microsoft i.c.e.
2017-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-17 11:16
Thanks for the update Rich. I'm going to try a new one today. I'll let you know how it turns out. Have you ever taken one at a lower altitude?

I have only taken them from 300 feet so far. I know they wanted us to try other Altitude positions too during the beta testing. but they do say it can affect how the image comes out...

Rich
2017-4-17
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-17 11:56
I have only taken them from 300 feet so far. I know they wanted us to try other Altitude positions too during the beta testing. but they do say it can affect how the image comes out...

Rich

Where are instructions on using and uploading? Can see them anywhere?
2017-4-20
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Very cool... going to keep an eye on this.
2017-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BRENT1956@GMAIL Posted at 2017-4-20 05:59

This App is currently being beta tested and not available for the consumer market yet. Go this link and see all of the information about this program and at the bottom of the page you can select the beta link if you want to contact the company/
Rich
Hanger 360
2017-4-20
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question: can the hangar pano be taken at different attitudes or is it set to 300 feet only?
2017-4-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

The iOS version is in the App Store. Shame I didn't see that before going out to fly today.

Anyone know what the business model is for this? Loss leader to get you interested in their other commercial products? Or is there a "pro" cloud option?
2017-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BRENT1956@GMAIL Posted at 2017-4-20 05:59

It was just released today

Introducing Hangar 360
Hangar 360 is a free app for drone users that allows you to easily create and share interactive 360 degree photos for use on mobile or desktop.  Hangar 360 autonomously flies your DJI drone, captures the required aerial images, allows for one-touch upload to the Hangar cloud for processing, and delivers a fully-stitched 360 image link back to you. Hangar 360 is compatible with the DJI Phantom 3 (Standard, 4k, Advanced, Pro), Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, Inspire 2 and Mavic Pro. Best of all it’s completely free. We invite anyone with current generation versions of DJI drones to check out Hangar’s vision for the future of automated aerial data capture.  
link

https://medium.com/hangartech/in ... -drone-9f506a863d09
2017-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-20 14:07
The iOS version is in the App Store. Shame I didn't see that before going out to fly today.

Anyone know what the business model is for this? Loss leader to get you interested in their other commercial products? Or is there a "pro" cloud option?

it was just released today  look at the links on post #25

Rich
2017-4-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

I shot four panos today, for some reason two failed to process. I've submitted reports to Hangar, hopefully they can see what the problem is. Kind of cool.

How do you get the pano to render in Facebook? Do you have to use the Facebook share feature from the Hangar website, as opposed to just posting the url?

UPDATE: answered my own question -- you do have to use Hangar's Facebook share feature in order for the pano to render inline -- sadly, there's no option for making the pano fullscreen.
2017-4-23
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-23 20:23
I shot four panos today, for some reason two failed to process. I've submitted reports to Hangar, hopefully they can see what the problem is. Kind of cool.

How do you get the pano to render in Facebook? Do you have to use the Facebook shares feature from the Hangar website, as opposed to just posting the url?

Ex Machina -
There is actually an easy way to modify the panos you get from Hanger 360. Here is what I have played with. Once the 360 is rendered and uploaded to Facebook, you can choose to save it to your computer. At the bottom of the 360 on Facebook, you will see a menu item that says "Options". Under that menu, you will see download.
Once it is downloaded, you can open it in Photoshop or other image editor. From there you can do almost anything. I have done one where I erased the Hanger360 logo from the sky, changed the dpi from 72 to 244, which looks much better in Facebook. So, once you are done editing, save it as a 6,000px by 3,000px jpg file.
Now the important step which makes this all work. Download a small free app called "Exif Fixer" ( https://goo.gl/QClAiA ) for Mac or Windows. Open the app, drag your image into the window. It will automatically append your .jpg with the proper code so Facebook sees it as a 360vr. It will automatically save a copy of your original photo, but with an ampersand installed so you know the new one. So, if the original file is  portrait.jpg, it becomes portrait@.jpg. Upload that one to Facebook and you'll see it works just fine. Hope this helps.
2017-4-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-24 16:27
Ex Machina -
There is actually an easy way to modify the panos you get from Hanger 360. Here is what I have played with. Once the 360 is rendered and uploaded to Facebook, you can choose to save it to your computer. At the bottom of the 360 on Facebook, you will see a menu item that says "Options". Under that menu, you will see download.
Once it is downloaded, you can open it in Photoshop or other image editor. From there you can do almost anything. I have done one where I erased the Hanger360 logo from the sky, changed the dpi from 72 to 244, which looks much better in Facebook. So, once you are done editing, save it as a 6,000px by 3,000px jpg file.

Thanks, that's helpful info.
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

No Android!
2017-4-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-4-24 16:27
Ex Machina -

Great information and thank you for sharing with us

Rich
2017-4-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, they have been dragging on the Android version for some reason

Hand in there
Rich
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-24 19:43
Sorry, they have been dragging on the Android version for some reason

Hand in there

You would think they would do Android first.  iOS only has roughly 15% of the market these days.  So basically they are shutting out 85% of their potential users.

Correction:  81% of the market.  There are still 4% of 'other' phones out there.  https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/os
2017-4-24
Use props
jburnham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11056 ft
United States

I have heard that Hangar 360 changes the settings on your camera to boost the image.  If this is so, do you have to go back in and change the settings back the next time you fly without Hangar 360?
2017-4-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-24 20:56
You would think they would do Android first.  iOS only has roughly 15% of the market these days.  So basically they are shutting out 85% of their potential users.

Correction:  81% of the market.  There are still 4% of 'other' phones out there.  https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/os

This is a very common misapplication of stats from one domain to another -- you have to look at the number of DJI customers who have iOS vs. aOS, the only metric that matters.
2017-4-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

jburnham Posted at 2017-4-25 02:56
I have heard that Hangar 360 changes the settings on your camera to boost the image.  If this is so, do you have to go back in and change the settings back the next time you fly without Hangar 360?

I believe that's why my camera unexpectedly reset to jpg from RAW+JPG after first using the app. As I didn't catch the change, pretty much ruined the day's shoot for me.

I haven't gone back yet to confirm this is what happened, but my file type selection has persisted through the last couple firmware upgrades -- def something to be aware of and would be awesome if Hangar 360 restored the camera settings after exit if at all possible.
2017-4-25
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-25 05:58
This is a very common misapplication of stats from one domain to another -- you have to look at the number of DJI customers who have iOS vs. aOS, the only metric that matters.

Do you know what it is?  I don't think they publish that information.

I can see that there is between 100K and 500K android installs, but iTunes is worthless for this kind of information, like most other things this company (Apple) does.
2017-4-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-25 07:33
Do you know what it is?  I don't think they publish that information.

I can see that there is between 100K and 500K android installs, but iTunes is worthless for this kind of information, like most other things this company (Apple) does.

No idea. I have seen studies that suggest iOS users are more likely to purchase apps, which is perhaps one of the reasons why companies who plan to charge for their apps launch first on iOS.
2017-4-25
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-25 07:53
No idea. I have seen studies that suggest iOS users are more likely to purchase apps, which is perhaps one of the reasons why companies who plan to charge for their apps launch first on iOS.

Yeah ios users, just go to the apple store and play find the hipster lol
2017-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jburnham Posted at 2017-4-25 02:56

They talked about it during the beta testing, but the camera settings are locked to get the best photo using the Hanger logarithms during processing. Maybe these will become available at a later date.

Rich
2017-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules