Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Control Not Charging
6617 39 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deadlyderpp
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone first post and unfortunately it's a problem post.  I just picked up my Phantom 4 today from Best Buy.  Charged both the batteries for the drone itself without an issue.  Connected the remote control independantly and saw that the first light in the series of four white lights start to flash.  after about 5 minutes the white light stops flashing and the LEDS are all off.  I can turn on the control and it shows a 3% battery remaining on the controller as well as the audible alarm and red flashing LED light on the controller itself.   I again plugged the controller in to the charger pack and the 1st white began to flash for about 5 minutes and then it stops.  Any ideas on what is up with the remote controller?
2017-1-17
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

It seems there is a problem with the remote. I had this same issue when my P3 arrived, had to return it to DJI to get it checked and replaced. I recommend you contact DJI customer service. Just to confirm, you didn't simultaneously connect flight battery and remote to the charger?
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Do you happen to have another charger to test with?
If no, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pick up here. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-18
Use props
Lethal
First Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Don't Best Buy have a very good exchange system? - if they do and it is convenient, simply swap it out rather than wait possibly a couple of weeks sending it back to DJI.
2017-1-18
Use props
wwmcdani
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 01:00
Do you happen to have another charger to test with?
If no, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pick up here. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I am having a similar problem.  Flight battery charged with no problem.  The controller charged to 75% and stopped.  I can not get it to charge any more than 75%.
2017-1-20
Use props
timbo
lvl.3
United States

Connecting the controller and the battery at the same time would not cause this issue, the reason they don't want you to charge both at the same time is because it can make the charger overheat.
2017-1-20
Use props
Microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Best bet is to go back to Best Buy for an exchange since you just purchased your bird.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Were you able to try a different charger like Mindy suggested, or have you looked into an exchange with your dealer?
2017-1-20
Use props
fans26d4ccf4
Flight distance : 187897 ft
United States

I had the same problem take it back to Best Buy as soon as possible I think there is only a 15 day return on that or something.. just get a replacement
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wwmcdani Posted at 2017-1-20 11:22
I am having a similar problem.  Flight battery charged with no problem.  The controller charged to 75% and stopped.  I can not get it to charge any more than 75%.

Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in?
2017-1-22
Use props
wwmcdani
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 03:13
Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in?

I have not. I let it wait a while and I can get it to 85%. Is there a way to replace the battery?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wwmcdani Posted at 2017-2-3 12:36
I have not. I let it wait a while and I can get it to 85%. Is there a way to replace the battery?

I'd suggest you to send it in for evaluation and fixing.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-4
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2366709 ft
China

back to the factory
2017-2-4
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Dude...go for the exchange ASAP. Or if you have time....send it in.  BUT DO IT FAST.
once you are flying you'll regret any time you wasted getting there.
You could be flying a new one right now
Good luck and happy flying  
2017-2-4
Use props
Driller35
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Australia

Having the same issue for the second time, was sent in Dec for repairs , seem to recharge nicely 2 times and then back to a couple of leds and sometimes a third, remote low battery warning comes on while i still have 35% bird battery , not sure of the components inside controller but has to be something simple as so many are doing the same
2017-2-7
Use props
Ray Dup
New

United States

I had a similar problem with my DJI 3 advanced remote. When I would plug into charger , one light would come on then blink for about 3 seconds and go off. After about 30 seconds it would blink a few more times and cut off. I left it on charger all night but it did not charge. I called for support and it was suggested to return for repairs or perhaps buy another controller. So, with nothing to lose, I removed screws holding the two halfs of the controller together and unplugged the battery from the board. It unplugged very easily. After fining nothing visually wrong , I started putting back together and noticed when plugging battery back in, it clicked in place and was hard to unplug. It seams it was not plugged in all the way the first time. After completely assembling, I put on charger and it works fine. I saved $279 for a new remote.
2017-3-21
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Yep mine was doing the same, I sent it off yesterday standard post with tracking and insurance and it cost me $70. I'm really p1ssed that I had to pay to send it back to hong kong when there is obviously a big problem with so many of these controllers doing this. I know it states in the warranty that we pay shipping but we shouldn't have to when it's a common fault. DJI has dropped the ball on this one. If I new for sure it was just the battery I would have replaced it my self.
2017-3-22
Use props
fansfc28f6d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112372 ft
Singapore

I was just told to "contact my relatives in CHINA" after I reported a faulty RC battery!!
WTF, I am very disappointed with the aftersales service at DJI!!!
2017-3-22
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I had the same thing with a brand new RC. With 0 min of flying DJI paid for ground shipping to California. 7 long days to get there.  Still waiting. I hope at the end they are going to prolong my 1 year warranty for all this time I couldn't use the drone.
2017-3-22
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

ControllerGate
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-22 01:48
Yep mine was doing the same, I sent it off yesterday standard post with tracking and insurance and it cost me $70. I'm really p1ssed that I had to pay to send it back to hong kong when there is obviously a big problem with so many of these controllers doing this. I know it states in the warranty that we pay shipping but we shouldn't have to when it's a common fault. DJI has dropped the ball on this one. If I new for sure it was just the battery I would have replaced it my self.

Just to clarify, you were asked to send it back to China as opposed to the facility in Australia? Is the former where you purchased it?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansfc28f6d9 Posted at 2017-3-22 06:12
I was just told to "contact my relatives in CHINA" after I reported a faulty RC battery!!
WTF, I am very disappointed with the aftersales service at DJI!!!

Could you happen to provide your case or ticket so I can look into it?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-22 10:27
I had the same thing with a brand new RC. With 0 min of flying DJI paid for ground shipping to California. 7 long days to get there.  Still waiting. I hope at the end they are going to prolong my 1 year warranty for all this time I couldn't use the drone.

Could you happen to provide your case number?
2017-3-22
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 22:38
Just to clarify, you were asked to send it back to China as opposed to the facility in Australia? Is the former where you purchased it?

Hi Jamie, yes I was told if I wanted it repaired under warranty I had to send it back to Hong Kong, I bought it from Camerasky.com.au which I thought was Australian but they are based in singapore, so because it's not a DJI authorised dealer I can't get warranty service done in the Australian service centre unless I pay for it, where as last time I had a problem DJI organised a local courier to pick it up and fix it in Australia, but as it turned out I ended up having to pay for that.
2017-3-22
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 22:40
Could you happen to provide your case number?

Hi Jamie,

my case number is CAS-504466-V6N1J6. The UPS shows the parcel is on the truck, out for delivery today.
Thanks for looking into my case!
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-23 07:00
Hi Jamie,

my case number is CAS-504466-V6N1J6. The UPS shows the parcel is on the truck, out for delivery today.

Sorry for the late response, you would see further progress in your case shortly.
2017-3-28
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Jamie can you look into my case, my tracking says my controller has arrived at destination 2 days ago but your website still says waiting.     CAS-518061-M4J6P8
2017-3-28
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-28 18:44
Hi Jamie can you look into my case, my tracking says my controller has arrived at destination 2 days ago but your website still says waiting.     CAS-518061-M4J6P8

mic75, I am in the same shoes like you. My RC was delivered on Thursday and DJI just opened the box yesterday. They might be short staff and our expectations are not on the same page with their delivery time.
2017-3-29
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-29 07:48
mic75, I am in the same shoes like you. My RC was delivered on Thursday and DJI just opened the box yesterday. They might be short staff and our expectations are not on the same page with their delivery time.

I received word that there repair centre isn't in Hong Kong where I was told to send it so now it has to be sent somewhere else, so more waiting. Great just frigen great.
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-29 21:06
I received word that there repair centre isn't in Hong Kong where I was told to send it so now it has to be sent somewhere else, so more waiting. Great just frigen great.

Repair centre is in Shenzhen. The equipment gets transported from Hong Kong. This is standard operating procedure so don't freak out. DJI Shenzhen is good with repair turn around time. Chill man.
2017-3-29
Use props
etana2012
New

Philippines

I have the same problem with the charging of my controller. 4th light only blinks while charging and doesnt lit after thus indicating 3 lights only. Downgraded to 1.6.0 but same result. Upgraded back to 1.8.0, still the same. Resetted controller as stated in this thread but to no avail. This showed for a week now. My unit is 3 months old now. I don't suspect my AC charger is defective since the batteries charges perfectly. I hate sending this for repair 'cause I'm sure it will take weeks to repair. What to do next?
2017-3-30
Use props
cptmajestic1
lvl.1

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-20 11:55
Best bet is to go back to Best Buy for an exchange since you just purchased your bird.

That's what I would do. Also, If BB offers an in store warranty for exchange I might consider getting that, usually it's no questions asked and you can get a brand new one.
2017-3-30
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-29 21:49
Repair centre is in Shenzhen. The equipment gets transported from Hong Kong. This is standard operating procedure so don't freak out. DJI Shenzhen is good with repair turn around time. Chill man.

not freaking out just annoyed with the delay.
2017-3-30
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

etana2012 Posted at 2017-3-30 00:19
I have the same problem with the charging of my controller. 4th light only blinks while charging and doesnt lit after thus indicating 3 lights only. Downgraded to 1.6.0 but same result. Upgraded back to 1.8.0, still the same. Resetted controller as stated in this thread but to no avail. This showed for a week now. My unit is 3 months old now. I don't suspect my AC charger is defective since the batteries charges perfectly. I hate sending this for repair 'cause I'm sure it will take weeks to repair. What to do next?

just swallow that bitter pill and send it in, we're having some major flooding where I live, Highest levels I've seen and I can't even put my drone up to film it. This really sucks.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

etana2012 Posted at 2017-3-30 00:19

The battery on the remote is a very slow charging '1C' variety that has overall, a longer lifespan than the aircraft batteries which have to deliver very high current.

If you have left the RC on charge for 3h and it can't fully charge then you may have a defective battery. If you are within 3 months, you can easily make a claim to replace the RC. This typically takes about 2 weeks door to door. Raise a ticket to start the process, explain carefully.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-30 05:56
just swallow that bitter pill and send it in, we're having some major flooding where I live, Highest levels I've seen and I can't even put my drone up to film it. This really sucks.

Well, looks like you have bigger concerns than your aircraft then! Take care.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-28 18:44

You should have received some recent correspondence from Support via ticket #467052. You should be seeing further progress in the system soon.
2017-3-30
Use props
mic75
Second Officer
Australia

HI Jamie, It has been 6 days since the controller was delivered to hong kong and it's still not marked as received at the repair centre, this is so dam frustrating. I think I will just fix it myself next time.
2017-3-31
Use props
fansfc28f6d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112372 ft
Singapore

So I received my Remote from DJI a week ago. I was all happy that it was "fixed".
So I put the RC to charge. It does not charge long until it stops. The charging light will blink 5 times then get cut off.

I am frustrated! The drone is less than a year old and already I have had to send it in several times.
I contacted customer service and I was told to ship it in or buy a new RC. The problem is a persistent one, EVEN AFTER JUST HAVING IT FIXED WITH DJI!!!
If the problem cannot be fixed, I think I should have a new remote controller already

CAS-544864-Y9H0Q4
2017-5-16
Use props
Driller35
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

fansfc28f6d9, i have been going thru the same, first remote sent back end of Nov came back not fixed , sent away again and was replaced by a new one which lasted just over a month only to succumb to the same will not charge properly ,discharges very quickly , this one now showing in updated status as being replaced , new i am not sure , but at this juncture  new or not i dont have any faith left in the remote control component of the P4, obviously something  is not right

Cheers and Good Luck
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules