25383 40 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8eaa1670
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922333 ft
United States

Help!
My screen is returning 'No Image transmisson' in the remote screen.

Here is what i know:
-The histrgrams register a change in light
-the camera can still shoot video and photo
-the app funtions, but the viewing area is black
-I've apgraded to the latest firmarea
-I've removed the x5 camera and stuck it back on the drone
-The drone has taken no knocks.

Any help appreciated!!

Jonathan
2017-1-17
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would check all of the gold pins on the gimbal mount. If one is bent slightly and not touching the PC board on the camera, that would explain why everything but the image to monitor is working.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello Jonathan, how did this phenomenon come up? Did it show up after the upgrade? Could you please send me the screenshot of the camera view? By the way, have you tried other mobile device, what is the result?
2017-1-18
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, here is what we need to do first .  We need to see the hidden file on the SD card .  I have directions on a link  below.  If you do not have the last update on the SD card still then simply load the CURRENT FW that is on the Aircraft now to the SD card . For Example : so say you recently updated to 1.10. then this would be the update you would place on the SD card and load it to the Aircraft ,It will only take a minute or two to upload because it will se it has already been updated .( Make sure you chose the same camera FW for the X5)

Then put the SD card back in the  PC or MAC  to be read, we want to see lines "0800 and 1500",  and if they say, "Device not Detected " then you will need to send at the very least the Camera in for repair.  This is from a corrupted video module inside the Camera .
Link below is how to open Hidden files on a PC, written by yours truly .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

If you have a MAC use the link below , it is a PDF file .

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... xNjcyMTd8NTU0NjM%3D

Now , just a couple other things , You have updated the RC transmitter to the latest as well correct  ( 1.7 ) ? And you can start the Motors and control the AC ?  The only problem is the No video correct ?  Does the Camera do the Normal start up dance ?

This " No video transmission " and corrupted FW can happen if you have the RC Transmitter on when you were updating the Aircraft ....do you remember if you did ?  This can cause it , but there are some others .

Did this happen right after the Update to the latest FW ?  Did you check the SD card for the "Success" message after the update ?  If not you should always do so.

So start with my above suggestion , also Aeromirage has some good tips as well.  By checking lines 0800 and 1500 it can eliminate  a lot of diagnostics.

Also read my tips page in the future .http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html

***Sample of the file below ,   ( notice code lines 0800 and 1500 )  The file on YOUR system we want to look at will be on the Very Bottom of the page when  you are looking at the  Firmware download history , that is the one we want to diagnose.
****I have seen this MANY time before , (not my first rodeo) , I  think with all the evidence so far, this  is the problem , I hope Not....we can only tell by looking at the file.  Also if you go to the magnifying glass tool at the top of this thread  page you will see the Magnifying glass Icon next to the  listing of all the dji Models.  Type in No Image Transmission and you will see that you are not the first person this has happend to .  

donnie

device not detectred.PNG
2017-1-18
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378635 ft
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-18 06:02
Ok, here is what we need to do first .  We need to see the hidden file on the SD card .  I have directions on a link  below.  If you do not have the last update on the SD card still then simply load the CURRENT FW that is on the Aircraft now to the SD card . For Example : so say you recently updated to 1.10. then this would be the update you would place on the SD card and load it to the Aircraft ,It will only take a minute or two to upload because it will se it has already been updated .( Make sure you chose the same camera FW for the X5)

Then put the SD card back in the  PC or MAC  to be read, we want to see lines "0800 and 1500",  and if they say, "Device not Detected " then you will need to send at the very least the Camera in for repair.  This is from a corrupted video module inside the Camera .

Hello Donnie,
I have been having the same problem Inspire 1, x3. I maintain all gear at DJI most recent.
The image transmission error is getting more frequent and yesterday nearly prevented an assignment being flown. I re-seated camera several times (which sometimes resolves the problem).
Meanwhile the Slave was able to see video while the Main didn't have any telemetryat all, nothing. not even batt %.
It was not until  I restarted the iPad Mini 2 that the issue became manageable. I still got "Weak transmission" 20% of the time.
I ran the log diagnostic and it reports:

[01214276]Version checking[3]...
[01214310][01 00][05] v1.19.3422 -> v1.19.3422
[01214346][01 01][05] v1.19.3422 -> v1.19.3422
[01214425][03 05][00] v34.1.0.5 -> v34.1.0.5
[01214485][03 06][05] v2.2.6.33 -> v2.2.6.33
[01214522][04 00][05] v1.26.0.3 -> v1.26.0.3
[01214585][05 00][05] v3.0.6.1 -> v3.0.6.1
[01214625][08 00][05] v1.14.0.25 -> v1.14.0.25
[01214664][09 00][05] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[01214725][11 00][05] v3.7.15.9 -> v3.7.15.9
[01214805][12 00][05] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[01214886][12 01][05] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[01214986][12 02][05] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[01215086][12 03][05] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[01215190][15 00][00] v1.1.2.0 -> v1.1.2.0
[01215286][17 00][05] v1.1.0.4 -> v1.1.0.4
[01215386][17 01][05] v2.0.0.8 -> v2.0.0.8
[01215430][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[01215463]Packet upgrade finish successfully.

I have flown this machine at the same test location for 2 years +. Originally no issues. With each upgrade it seems to get worse. I checked all pins and have photos if needed.

Further the slave video is all but useless now, dropping out in middle of pans and no amount of antennae or personnel proximity adjustment seem to resolve. It works or it doesn't and that condition changes on a whim. It does seem to improve if I ignore it and fly for a while, then it seems to settle in and work a bit better.

My test field is an open area with no buildings for a kilometer or more.

Why does the GO app show 5 bars HD, 5 Bars Remote and yet in the sub menu read "Poor" radio interference. This makes no sense. Menus/ sub menus and logs and performance do not agree with field experience.

I was willing to use an HDMI monitor tethered to Slave to at least make that work but now the main controller is problematic.

What do I need to do?

2017-1-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-1-30 10:24
Hello Donnie,
I have been having the same problem Inspire 1, x3. I maintain all gear at DJI most recent.
The image transmission error is getting more frequent and yesterday nearly prevented an assignment being flown. I re-seated camera several times (which sometimes resolves the problem).

Geo Photo Ok, since you have an apple device do you have the "Hardware Decode " enabled   on the go app  if not be sure to do enable them on BOTH  slave and master go app devices.  .  Also if you can try to go to custom channel and go to channel 20 for the Image transmission .  Channel 20 has the least amount of interference of any of the channels .
Make sure the slider below the channel selection is set for better distance as well, yours may be set to give better image quality but less range .  I get 3 miles easy with mine ,line of sight .

Be sure to check the copper flex pins on the vibration board and also the flat copper on the camera gimbal ( see picture )  , make sure none are bent  ( vibration board ), sometimes you may need to loosen the screws on the camera gimbal ( see picture   just a 1/4 turn to give it a bit of flex so it can make a better fit . ( JUST CHECK IT ANYWAY , DOUBT THIS IS THE PROBLEM )

PICTURE Below the philips screw loosen just a tiny bit , look for marks on THE flat copper as well make sure they have equal witness marks .
Also delete and re install your go app. then make sure you never have any apps running in the backround on either the Master or slave go app devices .  You may wish to first sync your files .  It is simple , just go to the start page of go apop whre you see the picture of inspire , go to the paper airplane looking symbol top left corner , make sure you have an internet connection ( Transmitter is off ) then sync the files with the cloud Icon, very simple .    I think this is what is causing the no telemetry etc. ( Or the MINI I pad cant handle the data )  

*** I agree the sub menus dont give very accurate info if you ask me .  

***Is there any way you can borrow an I pad air or pro , I hate to tell you this but the the I-pad minis dont have enough power to handle the go app, and with each update taking more and more compouting power, the Mini will perform less and less.  Can you go borrow one from a friend , I think many of your issues will go away with a better I pad .  ALSO  by enabling the "hardware decode " and making SURE NO OTHER APPLICATIONS ARE RUNNING IN THE BACKROUND  , it may help get your I pad mini to squeek by, this is kind of a known issue.

Best Buy has a very generous 2 week return policy , if you try there I pad and it solves the problem , keep it , and if it dont we know we have another issue somewhere and simply return it .  

*** dianostic report looked fine too.

Try this to start , The hardware enable helps many people and also make sure no othere apps are running !!  Also dont forget custom channel 20 .

donnie

gimbal board.png
2017-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-1-30 10:24
Hello Donnie,

I assume you have checked the 2 control cables that connect to the lower camera mount (in the base).

1. Check cables Molex plugs for being snapped into place / tight  (both ends)
2. Clean the camera mount circuit board contact strip using a number 2 pencil eraser until the copper is shinny.
3. Apply some contact DeOxIT D100 Power Booster Metal Electric Connection Cleaner, Enhancer, and Lubricant
Link: https://www.amazon.com/Booster-E ... al+contact+enhancer
4. Relink your remote control to the Inspire 1 aircraft. (This can cause problems sometimes)
5. Preform a reset on the remote controller? could be another thing to try.

Rich

Relinking steps
The remote controller is linked to your aircraft before delivery. Linking is only required when using a
new remote controller for the first time. Follow these steps to link a new remote controller:
1. Power on the remote controller and connect to the mobile device. Launch DJI GO 4 app.
2. Power on the Intelligent Flight Battery.
3. Enter camera view and then tap “Linking Remote Controller” button as shown below.
Remote controller cannot link to the aircraft if the remote controller is set as “Slave”.
Meanwhile, the “Slave” remote controller cannot control the orientation of the aircraft.
Reset the remote controller to “Master” in DJI GO 4 app if you wish to link the remote
controller to the aircraft.
Remote controller will disconnect from the linked aircraft if a new remote controller is
linked to the same aircraft.
Press the C1 button, C2 button and recording button, can obtain a fast linking.
4. The remote controller is ready to link. The Remote Controller Status Indicator blinks blue and
"beep" sound is emitted.
5. Locate the Linking button on the front of the aircraft, as shown in the figure shown below. Press
the Linking button to start linking. The Remote Controller Status Indicator will display solid green if Link is succeed.

2017-1-30
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry to read about your issue Jonathan, I'm confident DJI can help you get it resolved, if the guys here can't (9 times out of 10, they seem to be able to!)

It'd be interesting to know if it happened before or after the firmware upgrade you mentioned. If it was before, the only thing that'd seem to make sense is a software issue on the mobile device (maybe try a different one if that's possible?) or a mechanical issue with the connector, as Aeromirage mentions.

My main reason for commenting on the thread was to pick up on one of @Donnie's comments, about the 08 and 15 lines in the firmware upgrade log. I'm hesitant to contradict as you are a WEALTH of information and have seen/helped with more issues than I'm ever likely to, but an experience I had seems to be at odds with what you mentioned:

I had an RC/Craft connection issue with my second parts-built Inspire. The craft powered up okay and the gimbal was fine with an X3 attached. My RC at 1.5.70 wouldn't bind to the craft though and I figured the craft had to be an earlier firmware than the RC so I put a 1.9 bin file (which I've used successfully in the past on my other Inspire) into the X3 to upgrade the aircraft. The upgrade completed and I could then  bind the RC, but the X3 now always goes limp after the initialisation and I get no picture.

I looked at the update log and sure enough, 08 00 and 15 00 had a device not detected entry. Worried I had introduced an issue on the gimbal, I removed the X3 and tried it on my primary Inspire - it worked fine. I took it off and put it on an Osmo - again it worked fine. I tried downgrading the 1.9 firmware to 1.8 and the problem persisted.

I suspect it's the vision module / gimbal module in the nCore that is corrupt - if you see 08 and 15 issues in the log, the evidence seems to suggest it's a problem within the nCore, rather than the camera, which may well be unaffected...

2017-1-30
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I've had both the error with no image transmission and the problem connecting the second controller.

What solved the image transmission problem was updating the firmware. There was an issue where the phone auto updated firmware ahead of what I was manually doing myself on the drone and it ended up giving me problems with image transmission.

The problem with the slave controller ended up being the controller was in trouble itself, it wouldn't take firmware updates or speak to any iPad or phone that was connected to it so there was no way of setting it up. Weather that helps or not I don't know but it might point you in the right direction
2017-1-30
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Every time I had this kind of problem, I was hooked on the connectors. I dismounted, cleaned everything and everything back to normal.
2017-1-31
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-30 10:53
Geo Photo Ok, since you have an apple device do you have the "Hardware Decode " enabled   on the go app  if not be sure to do enable them on BOTH  slave and master go app devices.  .  Also if you can try to go to custom channel and go to channel 20 for the Image transmission .  Channel 20 has the least amount of interference of any of the channels .
Make sure the slider below the channel selection is set for better distance as well, yours may be set to give better image quality but less range .  I get 3 miles easy with mine ,line of sight .

Great notes Donny,
I do have hardware decode enabled, and set transmission to lowest bit rate as well. I have tried custom channels with some success. I have checked pins and can see no issues other than a bit of scuff where the pins contact the plates. I will run a complete test following your notes and then compare with an improved iPad.

Will update with progress tomorrow!
Thank you!
2017-1-31
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-1-31 10:41
Great notes Donny,
I do have hardware decode enabled, and set transmission to lowest bit rate as well. I have tried custom channels with some success. I have checked pins and can see no issues other than a bit of scuff where the pins contact the plates. I will run a complete test following your notes and then compare with an improved iPad.

That scuff is what I mean by "Witness Marks "  make sure they are on all copper plates  evenly on there , this way you know you are making good contact .   If you can just try another I pad It will help eliminate some of our challenges , then we know for sure where the problem is.

Make sure No other Apps are open in the background as well.

Let me know , I am  interested

donnie
2017-1-31
Use props
Birds Eye
lvl.1

Belgium

I'm having the same problem!
2017-1-31
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-31 10:48
That scuff is what I mean by "Witness Marks "  make sure they are on all copper plates  evenly on there , this way you know you are making good contact .   If you can just try another I pad It will help eliminate some of our challenges , then we know for sure where the problem is.

Make sure No other Apps are open in the background as well.

OK, Got busy there and have not been able to fly with the Canadian weather!
Thanks Donnie for your detailed checklist!

I did a full inspection of the Inspire, tightening screws cleaning, balance props, gimbal calibration etc.
Cleaned camera brass with eraser, dusted off and applied contact cleaner and checked camera contacts for bent–all seem fine
Un installed all Flight Apps and re installed Go.
Re linked controller. (How to reset controller?)

First power on the camera worked.
Turned off to cool down for an IMU calibration. Next morning after IMU success, turned on and no image at all even with remote beside, behind, in front of Inspire. Moved 20' away still nothing. Switched from iPad mini to iPhone 5 with a restart all. Still nothing. The Inspire was not moved so can't explain the works yesterday but not today. KP is only 2 so that's not likely a varible.
Top menu showed HD 5 bars and Radio 5 bars!

Powered all off, removed camera blew on contacts and remounted with an SD card. Now all working!

The slave remote was upstairs in another room with a good signal and control of the camera. All good.
Unplugged the master from the iPad and got disconnected screen as expected. Meanwhile the slave still had active control of the camera until the master remote was turned off.

So it seems that the iPad plays a minimal to zero role  in video transmission to slave. So not sure if a high power iPad will make a difference as I don't use the edit, streaming or other bloatware. (apologies to those who do, but I'd prefer the be optional plug ins.

I hope to fly Monday and will report any further updates.

It appears that the problem is the x3 Camera and likely the contacts having a curse or demonic possession.
2017-2-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-10 09:39

Remeber that the video goes directly from the aircraft to both the slave and master transmitters If ONE JUST ONE OF THEM is getting video NOTHING is wrong with the camera system.
The slave goes through the master for all control of the aircraft, the only direct link from slave to aircraft is video .   

There is no "reset" for the RC transmitter , you can rollback FW and then re update it , that would be the closest thing to a reset.  
I hope I am understanding the problem
*****CAN YOU beg or borrow an I pad  air or Pro ? , like I said Best Buy has a very Generous return policy , I think the problem is you dont have a powerful enough I pad .  If you get an I pad we can at least eliminate the problem , I realy dont think its the camera as I have seen this many times before.  

donnie

2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-10 09:39

Like Donnie mentioned, there isn't a complete 'factory reset' for the RC, but you can wipe of of any odd presets that could be affecting it. Try the following steps to see if it helps:

To reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-2-10
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-10 12:17
Remeber that the video goes directly from the aircraft to both the slave and master transmitters If ONE JUST ONE OF THEM is getting video NOTHING is wrong with the camera system.
The slave goes through the master for all control of the aircraft, the only direct link from slave to aircraft is video .   

Thanks Donnie,

I'll conduct a few more tests regarding both or only one remote getting video.

One thing I can confirm: The video is direct to remotes. When I unplugged the master iPad Mini2 the slave remote with only an HDMI monitor (passive role-no iPad on the remote) was still in full control of the video stream. This would seem to indicate that the iPad is NOT the issue. It seems to set the features to the remote and those may only persist until power off but once set the iPad does not seem to matter.

Over all the issue is intermittent so frustrating. Only reseating the camera seems to correct and even then hit and miss.

Really appreciate you help as I try to sort through this.

2017-2-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-12 08:45
Thanks Donnie,

I'll conduct a few more tests regarding both or only one remote getting video.

I think we are saying coming up with different conclusions from the data  .  I personally do not think ANYTHING  is wrong with the camera system on the aircraft . That is why I was saying that if you have the slave and master running and either the salve or master is receiving video  then that eliminates the camera  as the source of any problems .

I am not quite sure why reseating the camera fixes things , It may take load of the Processor on the I pad for a moment and then when it gets overwhelmed it quits ....Not sure .  

Try some more Test's and see what you can find out .  I just know from experience that this was a common Problem on the I pad Minis especially anything below  I pad 3 as there is just not enough power .  I of course could be wrong ......Heaven forbid it would not be the first time. (ask my wife ).

So try some more test and see if you can get an I pad pro or air just to test with ........ ( I know I sound like a broken record on this ,,,,sorry )
Remeber also that all control of the gimbal, camera, Histogram , Iso , shutter , are all through the RC control signal .  The ONLY thing the "Image Transmisson " signal  carries is just that Video .  That is why some members have trouble with the "No Image" on there GO APP but cant understand because all the other feautres ( I described earlier ) work .

do some more test and let me know
*** I am going to do some test of my own and try to duplicate the problem if I can.

donnie

2017-2-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

DarrenE Posted at 2017-1-30 13:57
Sorry to read about your issue Jonathan, I'm confident DJI can help you get it resolved, if the guys here can't (9 times out of 10, they seem to be able to!)

It'd be interesting to know if it happened before or after the firmware upgrade you mentioned. If it was before, the only thing that'd seem to make sense is a software issue on the mobile device (maybe try a different one if that's possible?) or a mechanical issue with the connector, as Aeromirage mentions.

Darren , sorry if I missed your post here, I answer a lot off questions ( I think lately to many )  and get confused .  One thing I noticed in you post is you said you had 1.57 on the RC and You tried to link with  1.9 on the Aircraft .  There is no way that I know of that that would jive as of the 1.8 Aircraft update used a different encryption system .  So with the 1.58 on the RC it could not communicate with 1.9 on the aircraft and that would definitely give the" Device Not Detected "  but ONLY because they were on different encryptions not because of a failed or corrupted video module.
Are you all set now ?  If not my suggestions would be to get your RC updated to 1.7.40 ( If the Ac is at 1.9 or 1.10 ). then Re link and you will be good to go .

***You bring up a very good point that I a ppreciate , I often say if youare on Proper compatible firmware then you shoul not have the "Device Not Connected " warning on theose lines of code.  But this is a good reminder to me to always make sure I confirm that .

thanks

donnie

2017-2-12
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-12 10:20
I think we are saying coming up with different conclusions from the data  .  I personally do not think ANYTHING  is wrong with the camera system on the aircraft . That is why I was saying that if you have the slave and master running and either the salve or master is receiving video  then that eliminates the camera  as the source of any problems .  

I am not quite sure why reseating the camera fixes things , It may take load of the Processor on the I pad for a moment and then when it gets overwhelmed it quits ....Not sure .  

Thanks for the reply, Donnie. I am looking for an iPad Air 2 or Pro to try but please note that I am able to view video through the HDMI ports on both remotes (when it works) without an ipad connected to either remote.

I will try a few more tests to see if there is a difference when the signal drops.
2017-2-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-13 05:18
Thanks for the reply, Donnie. I am looking for an iPad Air 2 or Pro to try but please note that I am able to view video through the HDMI ports on both remotes (when it works) without an ipad connected to either remote.

I will try a few more tests to see if there is a difference when the signal drops.

Well that tell me that the problem is NOT coming from the Camera and Must be Either the HDMI ( USB ) port on the back of the  RC transmitter.  If you get the I pad ( Pro or air )  be sure  to test through the USB ports then if it fails we know that that is the Problem ( The HDMI )

We are getting closer to solving this .  One thing you did mention is the problem has been getting worse and worse on you I pad Mini , I Know  when 1.8 came out the encryption changed on the system putting more and more load on the Processor of the go app device , and the Go app before took at TON of power to run .   If your system with the Ipad Mini 2 ran fine before the 1.8 update that would further be evidence of it being the Mini.
***Did you try channel 20 on the " Custom " setting for Image transmission , if not please do try it. It is a very clean channel that does not have any competition form WI fi signals.

Keep me posted, I am interested.  So In my estimation we are down to two possible areas that are the weak link , it is either the  I pad  Mini  Or the HDMI module on the back of the RC.

donnie  

2017-2-13
Use props
CHPV Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870249 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-13 05:18

HI GeoPhoto
We have the same issue and we are also using iPad mini 2,
did you try a a iPad air2 or pro, if so did it work ?
2017-2-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

CHPV Media Posted at 2017-2-15 02:59
HI GeoPhoto

Make sure if you have the I pad Mini version 2 that you have NO other APPS running in the background , ( also turn on airplane mode as well, worth a try at least ) to me this I pad MINI is just enough to work but if it is PUSHED then it will cause problems , the GO app uses a ton of processing Power and with the latest updates on the go app can put it over the edge.  I can't wait for Him to try the I pad air or Ideally the Pro with a super fast Processor with the Optional "Flux Capacitor "

*** Try channel 20 as well with the Custom setting "Under Image Transmission,"  it is the cleanest channel usually with no competition from wi fi and routers etc.
donnie
2017-2-15
Use props
CHPV Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have now undertaken some test with an iPad min2 and a iPad air 2.
Since upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9 and then 1.10 we where always losing live video feed so over the weekend we replaced our iPad mini 2s with iPad air 2s (same price as a iPad mini 4 and its a little
bit faster and a bigger screen) we now have a good feed on both controllers, When using the iPad mini 2 we always only had the DJI Go app on and in airplane mode.
So this was a expensive upgrade !!
2017-2-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

CHPV Media Posted at 2017-2-20 07:00
We have now undertaken some test with an iPad min2 and a iPad air 2.
Since upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9 and then 1.10 we where always losing live video feed so over the weekend we replaced our iPad mini 2s with iPad air 2s (same price as a iPad mini 4 and its a little
bit faster and a bigger screen) we now have a good feed on both controllers, When using the iPad mini 2 we always only had the DJI Go app on and in airplane mode.

But it works now right !!!

donnie
2017-2-21
Use props
CHPV Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes its work 100%, we had lost confidence in the AC but we are now happy guys  and I'm loving the bigger screen, many thanks to yourself Donnie and GEOPhoto for your help on this
2017-2-22
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

CHPV Media Posted at 2017-2-15 02:59
HI GeoPhoto

Sorry, Have not had a chance to test higher than iPad mini 2. Hoping to do that ASAP.
For sure the slave can receive and HDMI signal even if the master does NOT have any tablet attached. So not sure what is really going on.

Maybe the iPad "helps" the video signal?
2017-2-22
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

CHPV Media Posted at 2017-2-22 02:54
Yes its work 100%, we had lost confidence in the AC but we are now happy guys  and I'm loving the bigger screen, many thanks to yourself Donnie and GEOPhoto for your help on this

Well that is great news CHPV !

We flew a job over the weekend and I was prepared to fly it blind if I had too. (If no signal just point the camera and record. hope for the best)

On start up we got an "ultrasonic error, land asap" while sitting on the ground!
After a complete reboot everything-iPad mini 2 everything worked. We had a few lags and drop out but overall it worked. No explanation for this at all. Go 3.12 and Go 3.15 worked.

Hopefully an iPad Air 2 will make a difference but when I can get the slave to display HDMI even when the master has no tablet connected it is certainly mad science figuring this all out.

2017-2-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-22 17:48

We flew a job over the weekend and I was prepared to fly it blind if I had too. (If no signal just point the camera and record. hope for the best)

Here is a good diagram to help solve the mystery
Dual_Controllers.png
2017-2-23
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I have read on the forum that in many instances the USB board on the back of the controller goes bad. Have read that many people have the same problem, and replace that board, and everything is fine.
2017-3-5
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Canada

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-2-22 17:48

Update.
Added an iPad Air 2 and the problem still occurs, still intermittently.
2017-3-12
Use props
fans8eaa1670
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922333 ft
United States

Thats for your input everyone.
Problem solved. The inspire had to go to DJI for servicing... something in the hardware went down in the camera. $400.
2017-4-2
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and has anyone sent their X3 off to get the corrupted camera module repaired?? If so how much did it cost?
Many thanks in advance, Trev
2018-1-7
Use props
fansefb5c8af
lvl.1
  • >>>
Papua New Guinea

Hi guys,

Some great advice, i'll put some input from my issues.

Inspire 1 with X3 (No signal transmission)
AC 1.11
RC 1.7
Camera 1.10

Same inspire but with another (borrowed) X3 with the same FW and no issues!

I have tried rolling back FW but fails every time. The log has 800 and 1500 Device not detected.

There must be an issue with the X3 itself if another works perfectly fine?
2018-2-9
Use props
fans360c8ce2
lvl.1
United States

DarrenE Posted at 2017-1-30 13:57

It'd be interesting to know if it happened before or after the firmware upgrade you mentioned. If it was before, the only thing that'd seem to make sense is a software issue on the mobile device (maybe try a different one if that's possible?) or a mechanical issue with the connector, as Aeromirage mentions.

After upgrading the firmware on my Inpsire, the camera would do it's normal rotation check and then turn sharply to one side and hang. The problem was that after the FW update the Inspire thought it was in travel mode even though the landing gears were down. I took it out of travel mode and the camera started up again.
2018-3-6
Use props
Donnie -
Second Officer
United States

fansefb5c8af Posted at 2018-2-9 16:12
Hi guys,

Some great advice, i'll put some input from my issues.

Need to send the camera in for a failed "Encoder Module " it is inside the camera itself and ONLY can be fixed by sending  it in .  the price for repair varies depending on if the Encoder is fried or just corrupted , so corrupted would be about 100 USA dollars and Fried is about 300 USA dollars.

May want to look on E bay for a used camera if the Encoder module is fried.

Good luck

donnie
**** I am very familiar with this type of problem and can assure you with 99%  (  1% because anything is possible ) certainty that there is NO FIX that you can do to bring it back to life.
2018-3-7
Use props
Mojanatu
New
South Africa

Hi guys , hope you can help my inspire starts up fine camera works and status good to go but as soon as I switch on the motors for take off the screen goes black and white and freeze , I can still move gimble up and down as well but no video on screen

If I hit record before I start the motors it goes black and white but when checking memory card it still records while flying but just frozen black and white on screen .

I did not do any updates .
2018-9-22
Use props
WhiteWaterRoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100932 ft
United Kingdom

what does just having "device not detected" in line 1500 mean then?

2019-8-24
Use props
Enkidu
lvl.1

Hello there,

i have same issue and i did keep my RC open during the update....

What do i need to do now? Is there any offer?
2019-10-7
Use props
Phxbird57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

Donnie - Posted at 2018-3-7 04:13
Need to send the camera in for a failed "Encoder Module " it is inside the camera itself and ONLY can be fixed by sending  it in .  the price for repair varies depending on if the Encoder is fried or just corrupted , so corrupted would be about 100 USA dollars and Fried is about 300 USA dollars.

May want to look on E bay for a used camera if the Encoder module is fried.

Hello Donnie
I'm having the same problem as most of the guys on here with no video Transmission.  Was on line with DJI customer service for 90 minutes plus and only this he came up with was to send it in with the Reg receipt ( which I do not have). I have done some trouble shooting. As in I put a different camera on the drone and it works perfectly. ( both cameras are x3). The trouble camera I put on to my OSMO and it worked with no problem.
there is a copy of the hidden file. I don't know if you need to see the whole file or not. I have cleaned off the contact points as as you talked about, Let me know if there is some thing else I can check. Oh I'm using a Ipad air 2 and have trying an android samsung 9 plus.
Thank you
Phxbird
[00006673]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(15) ============
[00006728]Packet [C:\WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin] detected, card sn [0x0001462c].
[00006767]Packet upgrade start...

[00006822]Packet checking...
[00006867]Packet vlink 01.11.0150 <-> 01.11.0150.
[00006951]Done.

[00006998]Version checking[1]...
[00007050][04 00][00] v1.30.1.57 -> v1.30.1.43
[00019600][08 00][00] device not detected.
[00019641][01 00][00] v2.71.5655 -> v2.70.5440
[00019689][01 01][00] v2.71.5655 -> v2.70.5440
[00019763][03 05][00] v34.1.0.5 -> v34.1.0.5
[00019835][03 06][00] v2.4.20.50 -> v2.4.20.50
[00019935][05 00][00] v3.0.6.2 -> v3.0.6.2
[00019991][09 00][00] v5.0.0.0 -> v5.0.0.0
[00020075][11 00][00] v3.9.0.0 -> v3.9.0.0
[00020175][12 00][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020274][12 01][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020375][12 02][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020475][12 03][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00033021][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00033093][17 00][00] v1.1.0.8 -> v1.1.0.8
[00033193][17 01][00] v2.0.1.6 -> v2.0.1.6
[00033243][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00035286]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.
2019-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules