Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,

Any more news on the LB2 firmware update?
2017-1-18
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

I think that's still going to take some time. When DJI says soon, it could still be more then a Month away.

But I hope to be wrong.
2017-1-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P.R Posted at 2017-1-18 06:00
I think that's still going to take some time. When DJI says soon, it could still be more then a Month away.

But I hope to be wrong.

They've been saying soon since May last year and this functionality was the reason I upgraded.
2017-1-18
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-18 07:53
They've been saying soon since May last year and this functionality was the reason I upgraded.

What functionality are you talking exactly?  F Ports?
2017-1-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, i need to trigger a couple of latching switches.
2017-1-18
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-18 11:09
Yes, i need to trigger a couple of latching switches.

DJI needs to release a "switch" a add-on to the remote, a new part so to say, at the same time with the FW Update, to make it possible to trigger the F ports.
So that might delay the release even longer.

A Picture of this new part has already leaked, so maybe (hopefully) they won't take too long to release it.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-1-18 15:52
DJI needs to release a "switch" a add-on to the remote, a new part so to say, at the same time with the FW Update, to make it possible to trigger the F ports.

I don't know if that is necessarily the cause of the delay, but logic would dictate that the release of the 'Channel Expansion Kit' and the firmware update would be a dual release. I don't believe it will be much longer. Given that the A3 just had the previous firmware re-released, it will be good to see these latest flight controller firmwares remain solid before adding new things to the mix.
2017-1-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 16:04
I don't know if that is necessarily the cause of the delay, but logic would dictate that the release of the 'Channel Expansion Kit' and the firmware update would be a dual release. I don't believe it will be much longer. Given that the A3 just had the previous firmware re-released, it will be good to see these latest flight controller firmwares remain solid before adding new things to the mix.

I don't understand why a switch would be necessary. In the A2, RC switches could be mapped. I only need instantaneous switching as I use latching switches. Also I use GH4 which means there are redundant switches on the RC as the GH4 does not fully integrate with LB2 like the DJI cameras.
2017-1-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P.R Posted at 2017-1-18 15:52

Hi P.R.

Where did you get your information about a switch being required?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-18 21:50
I don't understand why a switch would be necessary. In the A2, RC switches could b mapped. I only need instantaneous switching as I use latching switches. Also I use GH4 which means there are redundant switches on the RC as the GH4 does not fully integrate with LB2 like the DJI cameras.

The expansion kit allows for the better functionality by adding channels that would otherwise be limited to what's already occupied on the normal LB2 RC.
2017-1-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie,

What exactly is the expansion kit and will there be a cost involved?  The A3 from launch has been promised the F port functionality with no mention of additional hardware? If it is the case that we have to make another purchase to achieve what we have already paid for then that is completely unacceptable. For months now we have been led to believe that it is merely an LB2 firmware upgrade. There has been no mention of additional hardware until now. Could you make it clearer for us as to what is entailed?
2017-1-19
Use props
vonganzoben.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Germany

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-19 00:43
Hi Jamie,

What exactly is the expansion kit and will there be a cost involved?  The A3 from launch has been promised the F port functionality with no mention of additional hardware? If it is the case that we have to make another purchase to achieve what we have already paid for then that is completely unacceptable. For months now we have been led to believe that it is merely an LB2 firmware upgrade. There has been no mention of additional hardware until now. Could you make it clearer for us as to what is entailed?

If this will be true, it´s time to open a lawsuit because of all the promised features of DJI products, they never delivered.

I had an big chat with tech support, because of the "iOS-App coming soon" from the LB1. First they told me, they never said something like this. After i send them a screenshot from the old DJI website version, they person told me that the Lightbridge 1 App for iOS will "coming soon". But they never delivered. Full Story here: http://www.falschrum.de/2016/10/ ... fuer-dumm-verkauft/

Product Quality Law China
    Chapter Four Compensation for Damages

Article 40 A seller shall be responsible for repair or change of the product, or
    for refund of a product if it is sold under any of the following circumstances,
    and, where the product has caused any loss to the consumers, the seller shall
    compensate for such loss:

1) The product does not have the functions it ought to have, and the seller has
    not given prior explanation thereabout;
    2) The product does not conform to the product standards indicated on the
    product or its package;

3) The quality of the product does not conform to the quality status indicated
    by way of product descriptions or samples, etc.

If, after repair, change, refund or compensation has been made according to the
    provisions of the preceding paragraph, the liability is attributed to the
    manufacturer or to another seller who had supplied the product (hereinafter
    referred to as supplier), the seller shall have the right to recover his losses
    from the manufacturer or the supplier.

Where a seller fails to make repair, change, refund or compensation in
    accordance with the provisions of the first paragraph, the department for
    supervision over product quality or the administrative department for industry
    and commerce shall order the seller to make rectification.

Where sales contracts or contracts for processing concluded between
    manufacturers, between sellers, or between manufacturers and sellers provide
    otherwise, the parties concerned shall act in accordance with the provisions of
    the contracts.
2017-1-19
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately its like this, they promised guidance as well, and nothing happened.

There are no actual customizable switches on the RC only the 2 C Buttons, it all depends on how they integrate the new Firmware, and how they allow to map the Buttons, and I don't think they will allow us to map the Buttons. Again I hope to be wrong.

I have a Picture of this "Channel Expansion Kit" if you want, give me some contact Info and I'll send it to you, you can find it on Facebook tough. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/779894332155652/search/?query=lb2) Enter LB2 in the Page Search, and it should be the 3 Post in the results.
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P.R Posted at 2017-1-19 02:07
Unfortunately its like this, they promised guidance as well, and nothing happened.

There are no actual customizable switches on the RC only the 2 C Buttons, it all depends on how they integrate the new Firmware, and how they allow to map the Buttons, and I don't think they will allow us to map the Buttons. Again I hope to be wrong.

Thanks P.R., I've requested to join the group.
I will send you a friend request so that I can PM you.
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be happy if the C1 and C2 buttons could be mapped to F2 and F3 as it's only a trigger I need.
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonganzoben.de Posted at 2017-1-19 00:57
If this will be true, it´s time to open a lawsuit because of all the promised features of DJI products, they never delivered.

I had an big chat with tech support, because of the "iOS-App coming soon" from the LB1. First they told me, they never said something like this. After i send them a screenshot from the old DJI website version, they person told me that the Lightbridge 1 App for iOS will "coming soon". But they never delivered. Full Story here: http://www.falschrum.de/2016/10/ ... fuer-dumm-verkauft/

Let's hope a lawsuit is not necessary as I am sure DJI do not want even more adverse publicity. Let us hope they do the right thing and honor their promises to those of us who have had nearly nine months of absolute misery with the A3?
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just had a look at this 'so called' expansion kit and if that is what is required to enable the F ports then we have all been strung along for months! I certainly did not envisage a cumbersome add on to the controller to enable a function that is available to SBus users without. I already have two Ground units and this looks something like  a DIY kit from Maplin. DJI, I hope you are not serious about this? I certainly will take steps to get a refund if I have to burden myself with this monstrosity.
vonganzoben.de, maybe we should start a new thread for those of us who would be happy to file a legal challenge?
2017-1-19
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-19 03:13
Let's hope a lawsuit is not necessary as I am sure DJI do not want even more adverse publicity. Let us hope they do the right thing and honor their promises to those of us who have had nearly nine months of absolute misery with the A3?

So It has been released, 249€ and you loose SDI out if you use this.
Looks like this will be available in 1 Month from now
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI. We need some clarity on this.
We've been treated like mushrooms for months now and you then release a paid for add on for what has been clearly advertised as part of the features of the original product! Is this designed for standalone LB2/A3 users or is it specifically for M600? Information please.
2017-1-19
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-19 04:03
DJI. We need some clarity on this.
We've been treated like mushrooms for months now and you then release a paid for add on for what has been clearly advertised as part of the features of the original product! Is this designed for standalone LB2/A3 users or is it specifically for M600? Information please.

Probably for both.
When will the FW be available? I hope for some Improvements.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans9efd1eab
lvl.2
Austria

Seen this? F - Cannel board for N3 A3 and Lb2 https://youtu.be/DxeibG_Aong
2017-1-19
Use props
fans9efd1eab
lvl.2
Austria

https://youtu.be/DxeibG_Aong

Without extra extention Kit
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an email address on this website:  http://www.fdi.gov.cn/1800000121_39_2571_0_7.html which I believe is a government website which goes into some detail about Chinese consumer Law:  E-mail: service@fdi.gov.cn , Perhaps we should start directing our experiences to the Chinese authorities?
They are obviously looking to improve their reputation in the global market and this type of practice clearly is against Chinese Consumer Law.
Those in the US just need to tweet Mr T!!
2017-1-19
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-19 10:09
There is an email address on this website:  http://www.fdi.gov.cn/1800000121_39_2571_0_7.html which I believe is a government website which goes into some detail about Chinese consumer Law:  E-mail:  , Perhaps we should start directing our experiences to the Chinese authorities?
They are obviously looking to improve their reputation in the global market and this type of practice clearly is against Chinese Consumer Law.
Those in the US just need to tweet Mr T!!

That is actually a good Idea!

I have been talking to DJI on Twitter for a while now, because Twitter is the only place where you get an answer from DJI.
My biggest Issue with the DJI is that the Ronin MX is still not working, couldn't use it for 1 Week now.
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I will start a new thread on this topic if this looks like it will get support. I have officialy asked for a refund of my A3 as I cannot endure this scenario any more..
I am so angry about being treated like something picked up on the DJI shoes.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hi Jamie,

The channel expansion kit just came out. Like P.R. mentioned, this can be used with M600/Pro and A3/N3 with LB2:

http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... ion-kit#/?_k=c2kwu3

The module is relatively new development, and for the most part I feel that it's one of the better ways of getting the same functionality as a Futaba RC. With the way Lightbridge 2 was physically designed, the F Channel functionality was not going to meet expectation as is. The Lightbridge 2 RC itself has been limited based on the types of channels (switch/knob wise) and the encoding/interface that has gone into it. This would allow for components that are assigned to the F channels to be used at the same time as with the other (and more or less fixed) functions on the regular RC without having to having to switch back and forth with changing C1/C2 functions.

An additional update may still be needed to have everything come together, but I am trying to get confirmation on that as soon as possible given the recent development.
2017-1-19
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Jamie, thank you very much. That looks very good!
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-1-19
Use props
fanse2fa4e88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 12:17
The channel expansion kit just came out. Like P.R. mentioned, this can be used with M600/Pro and A3/N3 with LB2:

http://store.dji.com/product/matrice-600-series-remote-controller-channel-expansion-kit#/?_k=c2kwu3

The RC and the F-Ports are everything that someone needs to control 3rd party gimbals and cameras if you look at the video linked by fans9efd1eab,

I see no technical limitation for a solution to map controls of the RC to the F-Ports without an additional piece of hardware connected to the RC..
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fanse2fa4e88 Posted at 2017-1-19 15:46
The RC and the F-Ports are everything that someone needs to control 3rd party gimbals and cameras if you look at the video linked by fans9efd1eab,

I see no technical limitation for a solution to map controls of the RC to the F-Ports without an additional piece of hardware connected to the RC..

In the video that was provided, the user is connected to a UART port on the M100 that is not available on the M600 so I do know know whether that would even be a legitimate workaround. The M100 and the M600 are different in their own right in what they are capable of both software and hardware wise.
2017-1-19
Use props
fanse2fa4e88
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 16:15
In the video that was provided, the user is connected to a UART port on the M100 that is not available on the M600 so I do know know whether that would even be a legitimate workaround. The M100 and the M600 are different in their own right in what they are capable of both software and hardware wise.

According to the hardware overview in this document (https://developer.dji.com/onboar ... ck-start/index.html) also the M600 has an UART port supporting Onboard SDK.
2017-1-20
Use props
GeoPilot
lvl.1

United States

Jamie, can you please confirm for us that the new Matrice 600 Series - Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit is compatible with a stand alone A3/LB2 on a NON-DJI aircraft and NON-DJI gimbal?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fanse2fa4e88 Posted at 2017-1-20 16:34
According to the hardware overview in this document (https://developer.dji.com/onboard-sdk/documentation/quick-start/index.html) also the M600 has an UART port supporting Onboard SDK.

The standalong UART connection on the M100 is different from the M600/ A3's. The M600/A3 uses an API, which has some UART pins, in order to use SDK but it is not exactly the same.
A3/M600

A3 API.JPG

M100
M100 UART.JPG

I had checked with the Development team prior, who had indicated that the F Channels could not be customized via SDK before any of these recent firmware updates. At this point, that still has not changed. I can only see this as the only physical limitation with the A3 that has kept it from having the same exact functionality with the M100 in the SDK realm.

2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GeoPilot Posted at 2017-1-24 09:05
Jamie, can you please confirm for us that the new Matrice 600 Series - Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit is compatible with a stand alone A3/LB2 on a NON-DJI aircraft and NON-DJI gimbal?

Yes, this Channel Expansion Kit is compatible with the standalone A3/LB2 combination. This would allow for you to use a 3rd party gimbal when you weren't really able to do it before.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

In addition, I did confirm that a Lightbridge 2 firmware update will still be needed, but that will be coming out shortly.
2017-1-25
Use props
GeoPilot
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 15:09
In addition, I did confirm that a Lightbridge 2 firmware update will still be needed, but that will be coming out shortly.

This is great news, Jamie! Thank you for your involvement in this forum and getting us the answers we need.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GeoPilot Posted at 2017-1-25 15:22
This is great news, Jamie! Thank you for your involvement in this forum and getting us the answers we need.

You're welcome.
2017-1-25
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

Jamie, is there any info regarding the new LB2 firmware update containing a fix for the HDMI output problem?
2017-1-28
Use props
fanse2fa4e88
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 14:51
The standalong UART connection on the M100 is different from the M600/ A3's. The M600/A3 uses an API, which has some UART pins, in order to use SDK but it is not exactly the same.
A3/M600

Yes the pin layout of the connector is different - but that's all. As my solution also works with N3 (latest firmware 1.7.0.0) I assume it will also work with A3 and M600. Limitations to F-Ports mappings do not affect my solution.

Testing with N3 + LB2:

2017-1-30
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 15:09

Do I need to do this a new version of DJI Go?
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

3x3q Posted at 2017-1-28 16:40
Jamie, is there any info regarding the new LB2 firmware update containing a fix for the HDMI output problem?

I'm looking into that.
2017-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules