Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Turned off Midflight - Repair Experiences?
950 10 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans06881b55
lvl.1

United States

After updating to the most recent firmware my P3 Standard turned off midflight from about 351feet. While I was flying after about 10 minutes with battery over 50% the video feed cut out and the drone fell from the sky nearby. It landed in my neighbors backyard and was destroyed on impact. The battery still turns on and is relatively undamaged but the propellors, frame and gimbal/camera are all smashed and bent. I downloaded the flightlog and uploaded to healthydrones.com and saw nothing wrong with the drone prior to it's powering off mid-flight. I've had the drone for a little over a month and only flown it like 5 times. I don't have DJI Care but I created a claim and mailed my drone, battery, and controller into DJI using the shipping label they emaied me today. DJI did not send me any shipping instructions so I just mailed it in it's drone box. Has anyone had any experience with sending their drones in for repair? Will DJI cover this since it is not the operators fault and is due to a malfunction? This could have seriously hurt somebody or damaged property due to the powering off of the drone midflight! I thought these drones were much more sophisticated and safe!
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry to hear about your crash, you can send it in with the original box, and our engineers will help you analyze flight data if it's not damaged and let you know the result.
Besides, would you please provide us your case number? we'll check the e-mail and would like to improve it if the instruction is not clear enough, thank you for your support!
2017-1-18
Use props
tomanc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-18 19:52
Very sorry to hear about your crash, you can send it in with the original box, and our engineers will help you analyze flight data if it's not damaged and let you know the result.
Besides, would you please provide us your case number? we'll check the e-mail and would like to improve it if the instruction is not clear enough, thank you for your support!

The case number is CAS-413171-R4Y8S2. I was only emailed the UPS label and was not able to access the receipt. Can you please send me a copy of the UPS label and return receipt? The drone has been shipped already. Thank you.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tomanc Posted at 2017-1-18 20:49
The case number is CAS-413171-R4Y8S2. I was only emailed the UPS label and was not able to access the receipt. Can you please send me a copy of the UPS label and return receipt? The drone has been shipped already. Thank you.

I PMed you with the UPS label, please check whether you have received it or not.
2017-1-18
Use props
tomanc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-18 22:34
I PMed you with the UPS label, please check whether you have received it or not.

Yes, I have thank you.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tomanc Posted at 2017-1-19 14:36
Yes, I have thank you.

No problem, we'll take care of the case once it's delivered to our service center.
Also you can check the case status through your APP or website: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2017-1-20
Use props
tomanc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 00:02
No problem, we'll take care of the case once it's delivered to our service center.
Also you can check the case status through your APP or website: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Also, the DJi Go App account that is synced with my flight data is thomasancilleri@gmail.com but I think I listed on the return form it as my DJI account which is Thomas.ancilleri@stonybrook.edu
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tomanc Posted at 2017-1-20 21:49
Also, the DJi Go App account that is synced with my flight data is thomasancilleri@gmail.com but I think I listed on the return form it as my DJI account which is Thomas.ancilleri@stonybrook.edu

Thanks for the clarification. You can also respond to any of the emails that you've gotten during your correspondence about the email difference, so that everyone, including the Support Center, is on the same page.
2017-1-20
Use props
tomanc
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 22:38
Thanks for the clarification. You can also respond to any of the emails that you've gotten during your correspondence about the email difference, so that everyone, including the Support Center, is on the same page.

I have only been contacted by DJI through the forum here and through web chat. Can you.please forward this information got he support staff or is there a way I can do that myself? Thank you.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tomanc Posted at 2017-1-20 23:08
I have only been contacted by DJI through the forum here and through web chat. Can you.please forward this information got he support staff or is there a way I can do that myself? Thank you.

Tomanc, we've aded a note into the case that the correct APP account should be thomasancilleri@gmail.com.
2017-1-21
Use props
tomanc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-21 18:07
Tomanc, we've aded a note into the case that the correct APP account should be .

Thank you!
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules