1477 9 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

Just as an information for all users working at low level with the Inspire2. Be aware that with the function of the automatic landing gear your AC will stop in the descent while filming at low level altitude, start it's transformation and then sinks again. This behaviour happened at a height of maybe 10-15 feet and ruined a rush. I just saw this clearly after importation of my videos.
Need to do some tests to find a solution... maybe disable the VPS system...

Patrick

2017-1-18
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Can you not turn off the auto landing gear in the app on the I2? The I1 has this option.

Mark G.
2017-1-20
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

do you mean that the landing gear won't come down all the way?
2017-1-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-20 14:46
Can you not turn off the auto landing gear in the app on the I2? The I1 has this option.

What height does you gear come down at on your Inspire 1 ?  On mine I have to be about 2 .5 feet off the deck  ( I meter or less ) and then it comes down slowly , I have to make sure it is all the way down so I don't hit the deck with my camera .  I usually just lower my gear manually at about 15 feet off the deck .  I think I will just turn the feature off since I  really only use it to retract the gear , and then out of habit from AC retracts I hit the toggle up anyway on the RC when I take off .  So I am hardly really using the Auto gear up feature !   ( I just realize this now !!!)

donnie
2017-1-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-21 07:28
What height does you gear come down at on your Inspire 1 ?  On mine I have to be about 2 .5 feet off the deck  ( I meter or less ) and then it comes down slowly , I have to make sure it is all the way down so I don't hit the deck with my camera .  I usually just lower my gear manually at about 15 feet off the deck .  I think I will just turn the feature off since I  really only use it to retract the gear , and then out of habit from AC retracts I hit the toggle up anyway on the RC when I take off .  So I am hardly really using the Auto gear up feature !   ( I just realize this now !!!)

donnie

If I remember rightly Donnie, my gear comes down at about the 1m mark. It has been so long since I have used it. It really is only a novelty thing and since it ruined a shot ages ago I turned it off and haven't missed it. It's not like it is a great hardship to flick a switch after all whereas missing a great shot can be a major pain in the ass!
There are the times when someone says "Wow, does the gear go up on its own?" and you go "Oh yeh, sure does", but that s#it ran out of cool on about the second hit.
Craic is,  if cool is your thing I guess you need it on, if you think it will get in the way of your filming, go manual.

Mark G.
2017-1-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-21 08:08
If I remember rightly Donnie, my gear comes down at about the 1m mark. It has been so long since I have used it. It really is only a novelty thing and since it ruined a shot ages ago I turned it off and haven't missed it. It's not like it is a great hardship to flick a switch after all whereas missing a great shot can be a major pain in the ass!
There are the times when someone says "Wow, does the gear go up on its own?" and you go "Oh yeh, sure does", but that s#it ran out of cool on about the second hit.
Craic is,  if cool is your thing I guess you need it on, if you think it will get in the way of your filming, go manual.

Agreed brother Mark !

donnie
2017-1-21
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-20 14:46

Hello Mark,

There is a slider in advanced settings called "Disable Landing gear auto lock" and the text says "When the aircraft lands, it's landing gear is automatically locked. You can control landing gear position manually with the lever on the remote controller after disabling landing gear auto lock".

I couldn't test it further but will try it when the weather is better again.

As for the Inspire 1 i used the automatic landing gear function because it triggered only at maybe 1m about GL. For the Inspire 2 it seems to start it's transformation at 3-4m above GL.
Enough to ruin the shot... so i'm gonna disable this function for the next time.

Thanks

Patrick
2017-1-21
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-21 05:16
do you mean that the landing gear won't come down all the way?

Hello Aeriallive,

Yes of course she comes down all the way...but at a higher height than with the Inspire 1
2017-1-21
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well in my case the landing gear doesn't always come down all the way when it auto retracts. it Goes to Travel mode in the air.  
2017-1-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

patou72 Posted at 2017-1-21 11:26
Hello Mark,

There is a slider in advanced settings called "Disable Landing gear auto lock" and the text says "When the aircraft lands, it's landing gear is automatically locked. You can control landing gear position manually with the lever on the remote controller after disabling landing gear auto lock".

Hi Patrick,

That sounds too high for my liking, maybe they will lower that with future F/W updates.

Mark G.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules