Communication cable for focus wheel too short for z-axis?
1590 12 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49693779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308619 ft
United States

I'm considering buying an osmo pro but only if I can utlizie both the z - axis and the focus wheel simulatenously. The "communication" cable that currently comes with the focus wheel seems waaaay to short to use with the z - axis if I'm going to have the wheel next my phone. Is there a longer cable?
2017-1-18
Use props
fans49693779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308619 ft
United States

After a hour on the phone with DJI support all I got is "We have a 1.2 M cable that connects the handwheel to the inspire 2 remote" I asked if it would also connect the hand wheel to the osmo pro and they just shrugged....
2017-1-18
Use props
sbraxton
lvl.1
United States

I too have the new Z-Axis for the X5 as well as an extension arm. This focus wheel would be of much more utility if there were Communication Cables available for these different distances.
2017-2-6
Use props
sbraxton
lvl.1
United States

fans49693779 Posted at 2017-1-18 15:19
After a hour on the phone with DJI support all I got is "We have a 1.2 M cable that connects the handwheel to the inspire 2 remote" I asked if it would also connect the hand wheel to the osmo pro and they just shrugged....

I doubt this will work.  The photo shows two different ends for the Inspire cable http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... -for-inspire-2-0-3m
2017-2-6
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The supplied cable is long enough & works, you don't need a longer cable.. The z-axis for the X5 has a port for the cable in its base next to the handle - it doesn't need to reach right to the top and the X5 itself.

If you're buying a z-axis for the osmo pro with the X5, make sure you buy the right version.... there are two, one for the X3 (no focus port), and one for the Pro/X5 (focus port in base)
2017-2-7
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the cable for the inspire and focus doesn't work with the osmo and focus wheel - they're two different products,. Neither does the cable for the Inspire 2 and focus Wheel.
2017-2-7
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1121519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just found this out the hard way .... Osmo Pro/Raw 2m handwheel extension cable no workie with Osmo Handle
2017-3-12
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It might have been nice for B&H and DJI to mention this ...
2017-3-12
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

But I figure since I'm getting money for useless posts that will be largely ignored, why not
2017-3-12
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

make a lot of them?  Seem to be plenty of reasons to complain
2017-3-12
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update:   DJI tech (on hold for 45 minutes to get the "I don't know if you splice the cable it will work" and the Inpire 2 Can bus cable WILL work .. but, as mentioned, the Inspire 2 can bus cable looks to have different ends ... funny.

Too late .. I cut my short cable, hoping to extend it.  Looks like about 18 conductors.  Don't do it!

Oops.
2017-3-14
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

New Update:  Very Happy!  It works with the Focus Handwheel to Inspire 2 cables connected together with steel wire.  STOKED! (Got mine from Atlanta Hobby) (now gonna trim the wires and tape it up (adding dielectric grease to prevent corrosion in contacts and steel wire)  Too bad this forum doesn't allow pics.  If you do this, make sure you reverse the 4 conductor connectors (so looking at the top, you see the shiny release tabs on top of one, but not the other)
2017-3-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Can you post a link to your Google drive etc.
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules