Lost GPS
1657 21 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

DJI-Ken or Natalia can you please look at my flight logs.

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to drones but so far so good and I’m still in the air.. I really like the Mavic!! I haven't had the chance to fly so much yet but apart from losing GPS signals on two occasions it has been great flying! First time it happened it asked me to calibrate GPS afterwards so I didn't care about that too much. Today though I was at around 100 meters height when it went into ATTI mode in quite strong winds. I manage to fly it "by hand" and after maybe a minute it was back on GPS again. Can you give any insight to why this has happened? I have sync’d my flight logs and uploaded the two DAT-files to Dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10990521/FLY023.DAT
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10990521/FLY033.DAT

Regards
Marcus

2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marcus, I'll forward your flight data to our engineers for review.
If I get any update, I'll let you know. Beisdes, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
2017-1-18
Use props
sstolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215558 ft
Netherlands

Following this...
2017-1-19
Use props
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116355 ft
Netherlands

Following this 2
2017-1-19
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 23:34
Hi Marcus, I'll forward your flight data to our engineers for review.
If I get any update, I'll let you know. Beisdes, could you please clarify your current firmware version?

I'm using DJI GO 4.
2017-1-19
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Same problem and i crashed yesterday, my mavic totally destroyed. After losing GPS connections it didn't let me to command Mavic and it slowly gone to right and crashed. I tried everything but it didn't work, aircraft was in 92 meters altitude and just 6 meters far from me, no object/building between us. That is a serious problem that has to be considered by DJI engineers with TOP PRIORITY!!!
2017-1-22
Use props
xujiayi1256
lvl.1

United States

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Lost GPS in flight and lost the drone. Luckily someone contacted me since I wrote my number on it and get it back today. Going to send the drone back for check ups. Hope DJI will follow up on this.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Any mods can look into this topic??
2017-1-23
Use props
fansb8882a86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403130 ft
United States

Can flying close to another drone cause gps interference, I was flying my Mavic and my neighbor started flying his Phantom and my gps signal was lost , which was 18 went into low gps and I had to hurry and land because my drone was unstable without gps.
2017-1-23
Use props
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

same problem here cant figure out how to post my files
2017-1-26
Use props
DJIFC_OT_DOG
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hi,Wille_W,
I had looked at your flight logs. The electromagnetic environment of your MAVIC is  poor,you need to send it back to us.
2017-2-2
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

DJIFC_OT_DOG Posted at 2017-2-2 16:51
Hi,Wille_W,
I had looked at your flight logs. The electromagnetic environment of your MAVIC is  poor,you need to send it back to us.

Okay, that was sad to hear because I was so happy with it.

How do I handle the sending back? Should I talk to support and refer to this thread and your response?
2017-2-3
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

Okay! Time for an update on this matter.. I'm really angry right now so bear that in mind when you read this...

I have finally got the drone back, took weeks instead of days to repair and test my drone but that may be, I can live with that. What I can't live with is that I have got an old drone back, not my own, an old one. My first flight with mine was in 2017 01 this was flown 2016 11. So then why did it take so long to repair if it wasn't repaired? Well, I can actually live with that also IF this drone had been better than mine. This lost GPS on first flight and also has a totally dysfunctional gimbal roll it isn't even close to have it leveled and to make things worse it changes angle a lot. How can this happen? This drone also has a very tight cable on one of the front arms and came with a big fingerprint right over the camera lens. I don't know what to do next... I guess I need to send it back again but will that fix the problems?
2017-3-22
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

To say something positive though is that the drone was very stable in atti mode and also easy to fly in that mode.
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Wille_W Posted at 2017-3-22 10:00
To say something positive though is that the drone was very stable in atti mode and also easy to fly in that mode.

Probably want to read up on imu and gimbal calibrations. Compass for the gps issues. It's probably a good bird.
2017-3-22
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-22 10:19
Probably want to read up on imu and gimbal calibrations. Compass for the gps issues. It's probably a good bird.

Sadly i know how to do all this but i feel I shouldn't calibrate IMU when it was soo good in the air in ATTI mode, then IMU must be good. Gimbal calibration doesn't help, it's a different angle after every turn..

I will try to calibrate the compass but it didn't help with the one I sent back and DJI actually told me that it was in bad condition EMC vise and that it needed to be sent back.

No communication what they have done either.. At least they could tell you that they have replaced it and also clean the lens, not leave a big fingerprint all over it.
2017-3-22
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

My case number for any mod that can look in to it. CAS-447998-F8S5S4
I also got an email about the cost that was zeroed because of warranty. The thing is that they quoted me a new gps unit but sent a replacement Mavic instead.
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Wille_W Posted at 2017-3-22 10:26
Sadly i know how to do all this but i feel I shouldn't calibrate IMU when it was soo good in the air in ATTI mode, then IMU must be good. Gimbal calibration doesn't help, it's a different angle after every turn..

I will try to calibrate the compass but it didn't help with the one I sent back and DJI actually told me that it was in bad condition EMC vise and that it needed to be sent back.

I know they did some changes from early models reading mavicpilots forum. But I would try imu if your having horizon issues, make sure the thing is cooled off and you do it before the ac fan kicks on. Then cal the gimbal on the same flat surface.

It can't hurt to try. Yeah the fingerprint is lazy, you see this a lot anymore with all kinds of products sold as new. Usually a couple of fat guys binning. Hopefully business goes back to normal in the next few years. I'd use a microfiber cloth on it and check for scratches.
2017-3-22
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

I'm so sad. This replacement Mavic:s gimbal is very, very bad sometimes I have an angle of almost 45 degrees... HOW can i be sent such a bad drone, it feels like this is a drone that someone else has sent in due to non working gimbal... I need help here! I have calibrated gimbal but after flying for awhile then the level is lost.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wille_W Posted at 2017-3-23 10:54
I'm so sad. This replacement Mavic:s gimbal is very, very bad sometimes I have an angle of almost 45 degrees... HOW can i be sent such a bad drone, it feels like this is a drone that someone else has sent in due to non working gimbal... I need help here! I have calibrated gimbal but after flying for awhile then the level is lost.

Can you restore to factory settings from the Assistant2 to see if it resolves it. You can also refresh the firmware.
If it persists then I'm sorry but you'll have to sent it back in for repair.
2017-3-23
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

Restored factory settings, refreshed and calibrated gimbal again. Same problem.. Sometimes it almost corrects it self after maybe 10 seconds of slowly moving in the right direction but that is not how my first drone behaved.

I also noticed something else that I didn't notice with my original one.. I may have missed it though. I now went out and went up to 0.7 meters according to the VPS but then the drone goes up and down almost a meter from that hight and was down to 0.2 meters from ground. I look like these comic movies of the Karma when it can't stay still hovering in any direction.  Shouldn't the VPS system go in and control the high when it's so close to the ground and just hovering on the same spot? I understand that this is natural if it uses only GPS and barometric hight readings but I believed that it used the VPS/ultra sound measurement also.
2017-3-23
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Sweden

Me again... Every time I start the Mavic up I now noticed that it says gimbal motor overloaded. Sending it back.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules