Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hopp Schwiiz! Drone pilots in Switzerland, unite!
12Next >
4696 41 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156040 ft
Switzerland

Gruezi, Hoi zsäme,

this thread is for people flying drones in Switzerland. Let's have an exchange on flying spots, experiences, interest groups and meet-up dates.

Please state your location, drone(s) and previous experience.

I am located in Zürich, fly a Mavic and am a bloody beginner. Flying drones now just since October 2016....

Wer will kann gerne auch auf Deutsch oder Französisch posten.

Viele Grüsse

Max / trickn0l0gy
2017-1-19
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

I have filmed in and around Zürich so far, but also in Jura, Vallee de Joux around the Dent de Vaulion. Haven't yet had the time to cut & upload, but will do so soon and share with you.

What have you filmed and where?
2017-1-19
Use props
fans203f11a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437474 ft
Switzerland

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-1-19 02:01
I have filmed in and around Zürich so far, but also in Jura, Vallee de Joux around the Dent de Vaulion. Haven't yet had the time to cut & upload, but will do so soon and share with you.

What have you filmed and where?

I am getting my Mavic Pro combo sent to the USA. I live in ZH CH. But I go for a business trip there next week. I hope it gets sent there in time. So I can bring it back on the plane when I return.

I plan to fly over the lake of Zurich, since I live there.  How long did it take to ship your Mavic?  Any lost signal issues?
2017-1-24
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

fans203f11a2 Posted at 2017-1-24 02:54
I am getting my Mavic Pro combo sent to the USA. I live in ZH CH. But I go for a business trip there next week. I hope it gets sent there in time. So I can bring it back on the plane when I return.

I plan to fly over the lake of Zurich, since I live there.  How long did it take to ship your Mavic?  Any lost signal issues?

Hi,

delivery of my Mavic took ages, but I had preordered it and then there was a production delay. So your might be on time, since there are probably enough units available now. Good luck with customs, though... =)

No lost signal issues so far.
2017-1-24
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181781 ft
Switzerland

I there,
I'm in Switzerland also, around Neuchâtel. Already did one video, in the process of doing another one now about this area.
  Jorge
2017-1-24
Use props
Rex_101
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nice. Mates. Make sure you guys send me a link of some films
2017-1-24
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

jorgerodrigues Posted at 2017-1-24 07:31
I there,
I'm in Switzerland also, around Neuchâtel. Already did one video, in the process of doing another one now about this area.
  Jorge

Great! Have you published anything yet?

I am still working on my first movie. It will be a compilation of my recent flyouts.

2017-1-26
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.1
Switzerland

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-1-26 02:29
Great! Have you published anything yet?

I am still working on my first movie. It will be a compilation of my recent flyouts.

Have one published, and a second that's a peak to another one I'm currently working on.

Hope to see yours, lot's of beautifull places to film here!
2017-1-26
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.4
Switzerland

Der Mont Tendre ist ein Berggipfel im Waadtländer Jura in der Westschweizs. Mit 1'679 m ü. M. ist der Mont Tendre die höchste Erhebung im Schweizer Jura sowie eine der höchsten im gesamten Juragebirge.

Le mont Tendre est le plus haut sommet du Jura suisse, dans le canton de Vaud, culminant à 1 678,8 m d'altitude.

Mont Tendre is a mountain of the Jura, located between the valley of Joux and the basin of Lake Geneva in the canton of Vaud. With an elevation of 1,679 metres above sea level, it is the highest summit of the Swiss portion of the Jura Mountains and, therefore, the highest summit of Switzerland outside the Alps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Tendre

2017-1-29
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nice videos! The Mont Tendre is a quite interesting place. Barren and rough.

@Jorge: I liked the scene where you are flying from the shadows of the forest into the sun on the field. Great light there. Also the closeup shot of the clocktower was interesting.
2017-1-30
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

So, finally, I have uploaded my first drone video. There are still some flaws, that I will fix for the next video. E.g. the green line at the bottom is a bug caused by Pinnacle 20 when you use hardware acceleration on export. Also, my gimbal seems to be not 100% horizontally balanced on some of the recordings. Calibration helped with that, but not completely. To be 100% level I have to manually correct gimbal roll by +1.0. Apart from that, maybe increase Bitrate for the videos to get rid of compression artifacts. Also, I plan to get ND/CP filters to help with glare from snow.  

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Here's the video:

Make sure to set it to 4k.
2017-2-1
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.1
Switzerland

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-2-1 03:08
So, finally, I have uploaded my first drone video. There are still some flaws, that I will fix for the next video. E.g. the green line at the bottom is a bug caused by Pinnacle 20 when you use hardware acceleration on export. Also, my gimbal seems to be not 100% horizontally balanced on some of the recordings. Calibration helped with that, but not completely. To be 100% level I have to manually correct gimbal roll by +1.0. Apart from that, maybe increase Bitrate for the videos to get rid of compression artifacts. Also, I plan to get ND/CP filters to help with glare from snow.  

Any other suggestions?

Hi there, great to see your video, great footage, specially liked the snow and Zurich images. Just 2 or 3 things I noticed. Be carefull with very long sequences... usually 10 seconds is maximum, unless it's a really, really interesting footage, I usually prefer 6 - 10 seconds max per sequence. After 35 seconds in the video you filmed a really interesting Chinese (??) pavilion, but you just went too fast and then just tilted really hard left. I think (its my opinion of course, and you are free to disagree) it would have been interesting to fly backwards and just let it appear in the image from Under reavealing the beautifull construction. And be carefull with spinning the drone really hard, it's causes vertigo to those seeing the footage, slow is better. I think you should get the snow footage and make one just with that, you had great shots there. Filming from above the skiers is always awesome, and also flying backwards letting the skiers "catch" you, or you catching them. Side footage is also great, just flying the drone sideways, you had this impressive footage at min 2:25, great sense of speed. All in all great footage, a bit long, after 4 minutes is already a really long video for drone footage. Keep them coming ;)
2017-2-1
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks for the tips, very helpful!
2017-2-1
Use props
Rex_101
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all,
So my Mavic will finally come direct from USA tomorrow!! woo hoo

Did anyone buy the DJI Care Refresh?  I heard Switzerland is not supported! (

But I was thinking I get it and get the mavic shipped to Germany if anything happens.

What are your thoughts?  In Germany there is Voll-Casco insurance. too bad I asked in Swtzerland there is no one offering this.  Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

R
2017-2-15
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Rex_101 Posted at 2017-2-15 23:01
Hi all,
So my Mavic will finally come direct from USA tomorrow!! woo hoo

Have it delivered to a German adress, get DJI Care with it. Makes a lot of sense, money-wise. Good luck!
2017-2-16
Use props
Rex_101
lvl.1
Switzerland

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-2-16 00:18
Have it delivered to a German adress, get DJI Care with it. Makes a lot of sense, money-wise. Good luck!

thanks a lot, did you do this too? Is there any generic German shop, that we can have our drone delivered to if we need repairs to be sent to a German address?  My wife's uncle lives in Berlin, a little far away from Zurich but this could be the best bet.  What do you do?
2017-2-16
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

No, I did not do it, because I followed bad advice given by DJI themselves. I would do it differently now, though. In case of repairs, you should first turn to the official DJI repair center. There is one in Germany and they are fast and reliable. Good service!
2017-2-20
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.4
Switzerland

My new three short videos :
- about the town of Zug, the canton of Zug:

- about Morgarten battle monument:

(the music for these two films was played and recorded by my spouse).

- and about archeological site in the canton of Geneva The Roman Tiles Workshop, Chancy, Canton of Geneva :
2017-2-20
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everyone, hoi zsäme,

I realise it has been a bit quite here. I was away - but being productive. Here is some footage from last Saturday that you might find interesting:

https://vimeo.com/trickn0l0gy/laaxgrischun

Cheers!
2017-3-13
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello to all,
after some weeks without new videos, I made this 1 minute one about one of the last locations where I recorded video with the Phantom 4.

Nice flights
  Jorge
2017-3-17
Use props
fans6234219a
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hi, got my 4th blue dot "shipped" this morning. Someone can telle me how long it takes to get the tracking numbrer?
2017-3-23
Use props
MrHeils
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211391 ft
Switzerland

Lausanne checking in here! Purchased a P4 a few weeks ago for a short clip series filming swiss bands in the mountains. You can see some of the footage here:

2017-3-31
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nice video, nice mood. Serafyn are great. Just a bit more drone footage would have been nice. haha =)
2017-4-3
Use props
YellowAstra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1834193 ft
Switzerland

Hello i'm from near Bern i own a Mavic and have already crasht a few times my Drone, but the last was the most serious of all. So i had to sent it to DJI in the Netherlands somewhere near Rotterdam and now I wait to get it back.
I have a friend with a P4 and i know others that are also owners of P3P or P4P from around the globe.
We actually do Live broadcasting our Drone-flights over the periscope app (owned by Twitter).

My friend does also upload some Videos to Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_P-TfQ3VO1yO423S1Lm-g

I'm the lazy guy when it comes to upload youtube videos of my droneflights but i have a channel too:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL716ORub5sRzvj-wuNMs3AoBN-ve7lmNI

2017-4-17
Use props
Xavier1984
First Officer
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello,
I'm from Nyon, between Geneva and Lausanne.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro and you can found some footage on my youtube channel. I'm an advanced beginner ^^I fly mainly in "Suisse romande", Lavaux, Jura, Vallée de Joux, in Swiss alps, Wallis, and soon in Tessin !

Tchusss :-)
2017-4-28
Use props
fansa1b0fe60
New
France

hello i come from switzerland Lausanne i live now near Avignon

une petite vidéo à Yverdon-Les-Bains et au Creux du van

Cordialement Olivier Best Regards
2017-5-2
Use props
Tom.CH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47156 ft
Switzerland

Hello, I'm from Biel/Bienne working in Bern

I'm proud owner of a DJI Mavic Pro since April 2017, I've been fling drones before but never to take footage or areal filming...

Now I've just finished my first video, check it out on my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOREwNVFShojQc6DvJO-kxQ?view_as=subscriber

Now I'm working on my next Project in Jura, Bern and Bern/Fribour Alps...
2017-6-3
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.4
Switzerland

The lake Lac de Salanfe in the canton of Valais: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_de_Salanfe
2017-6-11
Use props
sportimage
New
Flight distance : 201841 ft
Switzerland

Hello all,

Quick introduction as a new Mavic pilot in Switzerland. I am a pro photographer with 15 years of experience but close to none when it comes to drones. I built quite a lot of RC planes when I was young and that's it.

So as a beginner I would like to ask for recommendations about safe spots to fly around the Geneva area (out of 5km no fly zone of course) where I can train and maybe meet other pilots?

Just anywhere between GE and Lausanne is fine but has to be a decent spot with not trouble with land owners or no fly zone.

Thank you and hope to see you out in the field!

BR,
Saso
2017-6-16
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.1
Switzerland

sportimage Posted at 2017-6-16 06:06
Hello all,

Quick introduction as a new Mavic pilot in Switzerland. I am a pro photographer with 15 years of experience but close to none when it comes to drones. I built quite a lot of RC planes when I was young and that's it.

Hoi Saso,

I guess the best place is somewhere in the countryside, with a bit of open space around you. A big pasture with at least 100m space in every direction is really good for starting out, because then you don't have to worry about obstacles.

Good luck!
2017-6-23
Use props
sportimage
New
Switzerland

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-6-23 03:37
Hoi Saso,

I guess the best place is somewhere in the countryside, with a bit of open space around you. A big pasture with at least 100m space in every direction is really good for starting out, because then you don't have to worry about obstacles.

Thanks! I found lots of places just like that and am practicing a lot (Jura region).

Just if you think about a place where some other pilots meet I'd be glad to know. To get some company.
2017-6-25
Use props
golani13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130899 ft
Switzerland

Hello,   I m a new owner of  a mavic pro.

Living in Kilchberg Zürich and trying my drone out.

Here my first test and upload....2x speed.

2017-7-28
Use props
fans3f6532d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1616227 ft
Switzerland

jorgerodrigues Posted at 2017-1-26 10:59
Have one published, and a second that's a peak to another one I'm currently working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05nPiitSo8

I'm impressed. It's seldom that somebody takes care about light. Then it is quiet, a little bit nervous structured, but a pleasure to watch.
2017-7-29
Use props
Flugmus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157562 ft
Switzerland

Höi Zäme, ich bin au Afänger, Flüge mit P4 und Spark i de Region Züri Unterland.
(Ich hätte so viel Frage aber mis englisch i schlecht fürs Forum.)

Wen öper schöne plätzi im Unterland sucht, heftig no es Par Tips
2017-7-30
Use props
Flugmus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157562 ft
Switzerland

Halix[/url]
2017-7-30
Use props
sportimage
New
Switzerland

A quick edit from Diavolezza - Morteratsch glacier (in 4K). Never mind the magenta tint..was editing "on the go".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pulZXw4pw
2017-8-6
Use props
Mmohab
New
Flight distance : 24964 ft
United States

Hi everyone, any help about a safe spot around Zurich for practicing as I am a new Spark owner.
Thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
Neilmacc
Captain
Switzerland

hi guys

i am based in Geneva.. you can view my youtube channel here :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn51UxnjW3XXiwWustfA8ZA?view_as=subscriber
and a film made for the Peugeot Drone film festival. FIlmed in the alps in france and switzerland

2017-10-23
Use props
SkyLuke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25935 ft
Switzerland

I am based near Neuchâtel. Started experimenting with a Mavic. Flying is not too complicated. Taking nice pictures is a different story !
@fansa1b0fe60: le Creux-du-Van est une réserve naturelle interdite de vol...
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_YSITubX
New
Flight distance : 932 ft

Switzerland

I'm from Zurich and just started to play with my Mavic Pro. Any suggestions of places near Zurich to practice?
2018-1-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules