3024 16 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1c4c38f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128579 ft
Australia

Hi there.

I had a Phantom 3 Advanced that worked great with my Galaxy S7 Edge. I recently upgraded to a Mavic Pro. At first, my S7 Edge worked seamlessly with the DJI GO app and everything was as it should be. But for the past few days, everytime I open the app i get an instant crash. Sometimes even after the app crashes it says 'DJI GO not responding."

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Cleared App Cache
2) Restarted phone MORE than 7 times.
3) Deleted and redownloaded app MORE THAN 19 times.
4) Killed all background apps
5) Turned off power saving mode
6) Turned off Fast Charging
1) Erased all DJI GO app data.

Because I cant use the app, I was forced to pay $30 for the 3rd party app Litchi JUST SO I CAN FLY. It's ridiculous that the app isn't as well compatible with Android devices as it is with iOS devices. There are more Android phones in the world than iOS phones, so how come the app works smoother and better than iOS?

Any help would be appreciated.

2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry this is happening, it's working fine for other users.
Is it the same with both DJI GO and DJI GO4 ?
2017-1-19
Use props
fans1c4c38f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128579 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-19 08:48

Hi Ken,

I know I'm a month late but I've figured it out. I was using DJI GO, and then I tried DJI GO 4 and had the same problem. After completely erasing my phone and updating to Android 7 Nougat, the issue has fixed itself and everything is going great. It would still be great to have more Android support, as I've found that DJI prefers iOS even though there are more Android devices in the world.

2017-2-17
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

I find it strange how DJI seems to favour IOS and yet they use android on their P4 Pro setup, surely the Android platform should be better catered for with this being the case.

Flew my Mavic yesterday using the oneplus 3 and everything worked flawlessly, I will fly it today and it'll probably crash left right and centre as per usual.   It's all pot luck with GO4.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans1c4c38f4 Posted at 2017-2-17 23:34
Hi Ken,

I know I'm a month late but I've figured it out. I was using DJI GO, and then I tried DJI GO 4 and had the same problem. After completely erasing my phone and updating to Android 7 Nougat, the issue has fixed itself and everything is going great. It would still be great to have more Android support, as I've found that DJI prefers iOS even though there are more Android devices in the world.

Ok, great. Thanks for posting.
2017-2-18
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Android 7 is not available for my Samsung S7 Edge.  DJI GO 4 does not run on Android 6.0.1.  
2017-2-21
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2017-2-21 19:25
Android 7 is not available for my Samsung S7 Edge.  DJI GO 4 does not run on Android 6.0.1.

DJI GO 4 works just fine  for me on my Samsung S7 Edge which is running Android 6.0.1.
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Spain

Uninstall all the apps. Install DJI Go 4. Connect your drone to the remote. Prepare the drone (remove gimbal clamp) and start it up. Unlock the phone screen and turn on the controller. Your phone will detect the connection automatically. Make sure to tick the option that automatically launches the DJI Go 4 app when the remote is controller. You´ll be flying in a minute
2017-2-22
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Ken,

I also have Mavic and from time to time catch crashes of DJI GO4 app on my Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Nougat on board.
P.s: I have 2 apps installed DJI GO and GO4 cause I also have an Osmo Mobile.

Please fix this issue as it's really annoying.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-2-22 03:00
Hello Ken,

I also have Mavic and from time to time catch crashes of DJI GO4 app on my Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Nougat on board.

There was an issue back in October with the S7 and the GO app is fine, but it's Samsung who needed to fix something. DJI urged Samsung to resolve it. If your S7 is not working correctly then you will need a device from the DJI recommended devices as the S7 is not supported.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-22
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 08:17
There was an issue back in October with the S7 and the GO app is fine, but it's Samsung who needed to fix something. DJI urged Samsung to resolve it. If your S7 is not working correctly then you will need a device from the DJI recommended devices as the S7 is not supported.

Dear Ken,

My device works correctly, I have istalled hundred apps on my phone, but only one DJI Go working incorrectly. Is it coincedence? I don't think.
2017-3-20
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI GO 3 is not supported any more and does not connect to Mavic. I had NO SINGLE problem with GO 3 on my Note 4. Esp. after last update of GO 4 i have permanent crashes, last one yesterday on my last flight in sports mode ................... ( 1 crash out of 3 flights, prior 2 ones only very short)

It is really really frustrating ........................

Had so much fun before with my MP ......................
2017-3-20
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 08:17

Ha the flagship Samsung phone is 'not supported' go figure
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-3-20 04:10
Dear Ken,

My device works correctly, I have istalled hundred apps on my phone, but only one DJI Go working incorrectly. Is it coincedence? I don't think.

I'm sorry about that, here's the list of DJI recommended devices. Please try one of the devices below to see if you still get errors.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-3-20
Use props
Claumatrix
New
Brazil

I bought my mavic pro 26/03/2017 so far I only made 2 flights and on these flights I did not go very far and lost the signal several times between mobile and mavic pro remote control.
I wish I could use my drone after all I paid dearly.

Galaxy S6 Edge.
2017-4-2
Use props
fans8ffffb8d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458904 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-20 08:02
I'm sorry about that, here's the list of DJI recommended devices. Please try one of the devices below to see if you still get errors.

Hi Ken.

I have an S7 Edge with Android 7.0.  I have both Phantom 3 Adv and Mavic Pro.  I used the mavic 1 week ago and the app was fine!  now I try to open it and it crashes every single time! I cannot fly either Phantom or Mavic.  Both DGI GO and GO 4 are crashing.  Pls help man!
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans8ffffb8d Posted at 2017-4-22 22:48
Hi Ken.

I have an S7 Edge with Android 7.0.  I have both Phantom 3 Adv and Mavic Pro.  I used the mavic 1 week ago and the app was fine!  now I try to open it and it crashes every single time! I cannot fly either Phantom or Mavic.  Both DGI GO and GO 4 are crashing.  Pls help man!

If you can provide this information I will inquire about it.
Is the P4 and Mavic on the latest firmware?
What Android version is the S7 on?
What is your email used with the DJI GO app?
You can PM me the info if you like.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules