DJI fixed the problem about OIS in the Phones and DJI osmo mobile
9451 21 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wally
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Hi ,
I just want to share with you the good news.
This is the email I got just now from the DJI that they fixed the problem with the Osmo mobile and iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7 because of their IOS functionality in the latest firmware update.

Dear Waleed,

Thank you for raising your concern here in DJI Technical Support.

We do apologize for the delayed response to your email. About this issue there was a new firmware released for the Osmo Mobile that is a solution for this issue. You need to use the latest DJI Go App v3.1.2 to make sure that Osmo Mobile will work properly. Kindly check our website at DJI.COM for the latest firmware of OSmo Mobile.

If you have any other inquiry, please do not hesitate to send us an email so we can better assist you especially when it comes with our products and services.

We look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
2017-1-19
Use props
Capt.Capture
lvl.1

Germany

I'll only believe it when I see it.
2017-1-19
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can....anyone confirm this in any way?
2017-1-20
Use props
paxos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. Don't believe it. Any proves?
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a iPhone7 Plus and it works just fine.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, like I said, it's a hardware issue, if it doesn't work for you before, a firmware upgrade won't solve it
2017-1-20
Use props
Mossesque
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor - Then why is the official DJI support informing people that a firmware fixing is coming?

I too, has a similar response from the official dji support, stating they are working on a firmware fix.

Either your miss-informed, or they are fobbing people off with a scripted answer!!
2017-1-21
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I'm afraid I've been using this combination of app and firmware for a while and it certainly doesn't fix the issue with an iPhone 6S plus. As DJI-Thor has said it seems to be a hardware issue and there is no way of disabling the physical OIS as it's within the camera module.
2017-1-21
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-20 11:01
I have a iPhone7 Plus and it works just fine.

With my iPhone 6S plus which has hardware and software OIS it is fine in some situations where I am really carefully and gentle with the movement. I get great results, but if I forget and pan too quickly, particularly when there are lines/edges in the image that are hard/contrasting then it accentuates the fact that the hardware OIS is perhaps working and you get a visible oscillation.

There are some great aspects to the OSMO mobile but I wouldn't classify this first generation of hardware / phone / app as a true mass consumer device that works out of the box in all situations and across all skill levels.  To get the most out of it it needs a bit of practice and skill and even then sometimes you don't get perfection I'm afraid.  It's on the edge of being great and I'm sure that with a few tweaks the performance envelop will expand.
2017-1-21
Use props
Doberman
New

United States

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-21 05:17
With my iPhone 6S plus which has hardware and software OIS it is fine in some situations where I am really carefully and gentle with the movement. I get great results, but if I forget and pan too quickly, particularly when there are lines/edges in the image that are hard/contrasting then it accentuates the fact that the hardware OIS is perhaps working and you get a visible oscillation.

There are some great aspects to the OSMO mobile but I wouldn't classify this first generation of hardware / phone / app as a true mass consumer device that works out of the box in all situations and across all skill levels.  To get the most out of it it needs a bit of practice and skill and even then sometimes you don't get perfection I'm afraid.  It's on the edge of being great and I'm sure that with a few tweaks the performance envelop will expand.

Can someone please test and report. I am interested in buying one to use with my iPhone 7+. If the issues are not fixed, I may hold off.

Thanks all
2017-1-21
Use props
rrkpl1
lvl.1

United States

According to the post above with the email from support there is a new firmware update that is supposed to fix the OIS issue with iPhone 6+ and 7. I went to the DJI site firmware page and there has not been a firmware release for Osmo in 2017 ??...
2017-1-21
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rrkpl1 Posted at 2017-1-21 09:07
According to the post above with the email from support there is a new firmware update that is supposed to fix the OIS issue with iPhone 6+ and 7. I went to the DJI site firmware page and there has not been a firmware release for Osmo in 2017 ??...

I agree, I haven't seen or been prompted to update the firmware since 2016.  Not holding my breath but hoping they have perhaps found a way to counteract the mechanical OIS.  A long shot
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-21 05:17

Indeed with the + and OIS you need to practice your ninja walk.
2017-1-21
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-21 17:21
Indeed with the + and OIS you need to practice your ninja walk.

DJI-Ken, it's certainly a contributor to good footage and when it all comes together it is really good as people's videos show. But at the moment I find there's quite a lot left on the 'cutting room floor'  The art is practice in order to understand what works and what doesn't and hopefully the app will also develop in parallel.
2017-1-22
Use props
EIEIO
lvl.1

Malaysia

Does this mean that the OIS issue for the iPhone's 6S Plus and 7 still exist after the latest firmware updates?  

Seems like DJI-Thor and the person from DJI responding to Waleed have different info.
2017-1-24
Use props
G-Lord
New

Australia

It still exists.

What ever you do, don't use the Osmo Mobile with an diPhone 7 on bicycle with a the DJI bike mount. It magnifies the problem.

2017-1-24
Use props
lcv69
lvl.1
Italy

G-Lord Posted at 2017-1-24 12:15
It still exists.

What ever you do, don't use the Osmo Mobile with an diPhone 7 on bicycle with a the DJI bike mount. It magnifies the problem.

Thank you very much for your video G-Lord!!!
2017-1-24
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

It still exists.

Blimey - that's made me sea-sick !
2017-1-24
Use props
EIEIO
lvl.1

Malaysia

It still exists.

Wow.......

Thank's for putting that up G-Lord. I'm going to guess that BGM was pure coincidence
2017-1-24
Use props
G-Lord
New

Australia

Side by side comparison, DJI Bike Mount with a GoPro Hero 3+ Vs an iPhone 7.

Unfortunately I don't have a GoPro 5 Osmo mount, so I can't compare the  on-board stabilization.

2017-1-25
Use props
Mossesque
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RE: DJI fixed the problem about OIS in the Phones and DJI osmo ...

I recorded this video with the Oslo Mobile, and iPhone 7+ using the DJI Go App.
I was following my son, while riding his scooter, the beginning of the footage is with me holding the OSMO with one hand and the other one of the scooter handles. Before i fell off and where the footage goes 'Full Shake' is when I'm holding the Osmo and both handles.

2017-1-25
Use props
mbath
New
Australia

Doberman Posted at 2017-1-21 07:11
Can someone please test and report. I am interested in buying one to use with my iPhone 7+. If the issues are not fixed, I may hold off.

Thanks all

Test i did with Iphone 7 Plus.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules