Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Pro Flight Files
360304 360304 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I went and gave Ground Station Pro a bit if a beasting yesterday.  It has some interesting capabilities that may be extremely useful for jobs, particularly the virtual fence feature.  However, I couldn't for the life of me find a way to get to my flight data afterwards.  I MUST be overlooking a simple on-screen icon somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it.  I tried linking my iPad to my pc and looking under APPS in iTunes but GS Pro isn't even listed (unlike GO and GO4).

Can anybody in our lovely community help?
2017-1-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi, I've not used i-tunes that much but can you do a search for "flight records" in File Sharing or Apps? It may be worth looking in the DJI Go folder, it could be saved in there.

Don't forget to let us know if you find it.

Mark G.
2017-1-21
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll have a look Mark but as Go wasn't on during the flights I would be surprised if they're hiding there.  I've had a reply from DJI which is tricky to interpret but I think it's saying that the data isn't saved.  Seems a bizarre omission.
2017-1-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-21 00:57
Hi, I've not used i-tunes that much but can you do a search for "flight records" in File Sharing or Apps? It may be worth looking in the DJI Go folder, it could be saved in there.

Don't forget to let us know if you find it.

Mark , do you use this Ground Station Pro for your Inspire 1 ?  I don't know much about it and was wondering your thoughts  if you do use it .
Is it an app ?  I have heard of it but never paid it no mind .  

donnie
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-1-23 05:07
I'll have a look Mark but as Go wasn't on during the flights I would be surprised if they're hiding there.  I've had a reply from DJI which is tricky to interpret but I think it's saying that the data isn't saved.  Seems a bizarre omission.

DJI-Jamie is aware of this matter and is looking into it. It would seem you are not the only one hunting these files down. If the data isn't being saved at the moment, I'm sure it will be soon now our Jamie is on the case.
I would still try searching for keywords like Data, Log, Flight, Record etc.
Good luck on your search, keep us posted.

Mark G.
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-23 07:26
Mark , do you use this Ground Station Pro for your Inspire 1 ?  I don't know much about it and was wondering your thoughts  if you do use it .
Is it an app ?  I have heard of it but never paid it no mind .  

Hi Donnie,

I have only read about it as I'm an Android man and it's an IOS only App at the moment. From what I've seen of it so far, it would appear to be a work in progress.  (Shock, horror! DJI have released an unfinished product!)  I'm sure when it's finished it will be superb like all their products but at the moment you may be better off with something like Litchi or Autoflight (another IOS only).
I believe companies are concentrating on getting their IOS apps out before Android because they know how much all the Apple heads cry when they don't get things their way. Android users tend to be more mature, intelligent and all-round better people.

There you go, I said it now. Let's hear it you Apple fans.

Mark G.
2017-1-23
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-23 08:51
DJI-Jamie is aware of this matter and is looking into it. It would seem you are not the only one hunting these files down. If the data isn't being saved at the moment, I'm sure it will be soon now our Jamie is on the case.
I would still try searching for keywords like Data, Log, Flight, Record etc.
Good luck on your search, keep us posted.

Just checked flight logs for DJI Go - no luck I'm afraid.  Will keep hunting.
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-1-23 09:20
Just checked flight logs for DJI Go - no luck I'm afraid.  Will keep hunting.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like it is being saved.
2017-1-23
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you may be right Mark.  Update please DJI!
2017-1-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-23 09:14
Hi Donnie,

I have only read about it as I'm an Android man and it's an IOS only App at the moment. From what I've seen of it so far, it would appear to be a work in progress.  (Shock, horror! DJI have released an unfinished product!)  I'm sure when it's finished it will be superb like all their products but at the moment you may be better off with something like Litchi or Autoflight (another IOS only).

Thank you , I may try one of the other apps .  Hell I am still learning on this silly Go App.  I just bought a MAC  desktop myself and I tell what I am vey pleased so far .  I am not ONE OF THOSE  Apple people but I do like the product so far.

Thanks again Mark,

donnie
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-23 13:43
Thank you , I may try one of the other apps .  Hell I am still learning on this silly Go App.  I just bought a MAC  desktop myself and I tell what I am vey pleased so far .  I am not ONE OF THOSE  Apple people but I do like the product so far.

Thanks again Mark,

Good to hear Donnie. I was only teasing about the Apple thing, waiting for someone would bite! . To be fair I have been hearing only good reports about Macs. Have you done any editing in 4K with it yet, just wondering how it handles it?

Mark G.
2017-1-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-24 13:22
Good to hear Donnie. I was only teasing about the Apple thing, waiting for someone would bite! . To be fair I have been hearing only good reports about Macs. Have you done any editing in 4K with it yet, just wondering how it handles it?

Mark G.

Not yet the weather has been vey bad in Michigan , Also been busy with work and family stuff.  I will let you know how editing works out .  The 5K screen ( 27 inch )  is  awesome and I can really appreciate some of these videos and pics now, Just AMAZING , feel like you are flying , very immersive feel.

donnie
2017-1-24
Use props
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Hi, did you every get an update to this question?  I have also looked long and hard and haven't been able to find it - and as my Aircraft took an unexpected attemp to run away with a GPS malunction during a mapping mission I am keen to find it - switched into Go 4 app and turned to Atti mode and flew it back to myself.  But am planning on sending in for warranty work and wanted to include as much info as possible.
2017-5-10
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Herc7 Posted at 2017-5-10 12:34
Hi, did you every get an update to this question?  I have also looked long and hard and haven't been able to find it - and as my Aircraft took an unexpected attemp to run away with a GPS malunction during a mapping mission I am keen to find it - switched into Go 4 app and turned to Atti mode and flew it back to myself.  But am planning on sending in for warranty work and wanted to include as much info as possible.

Haven't used the app for a while.  Preferring Autopilot at the moment fir waypoint work.  Will update when I get time for a test but I'll only look in the iTunes folders as outlined by Mark above.
2017-8-10
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

GS Pro does not record flight logs like the Go App does . It's one of those annoying things we keep asking DJI to fix on the wish list of features.
Wish list :
Numbered way points
More than 99 way points
Flight logs
Manual take off with ability to start mission once in the air.
2017-8-12
Use props
marklyn59
Second Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I too can confirm that DJI GS Pro (current version as of this post) does not have flight logs anywhere, which means I won't be using their app for missions if I can't get flight log data.  Additionally, and I guess because of this, you have nothing to upload to Airdata UAV site so that's a double no go on using GS Pro (should be renamed to GS Basic until those features are added).
For the record, I have an iPad mini 4 and did a thorough search for any flight data logs after using GS Pro.
2017-8-12
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2017-8-12 08:05
I too can confirm that DJI GS Pro (current version as of this post) does not have flight logs anywhere, which means I won't be using their app for missions if I can't get flight log data.  Additionally, and I guess because of this, you have nothing to upload to Airdata UAV site so that's a double no go on using GS Pro (should be renamed to GS Basic until those features are added).
For the record, I have an iPad mini 4 and did a thorough search for any flight data logs after using GS Pro.

I wanted to chime in here.

DJI why do you make an app that doesn't record logs as in your Go app)???  That makes NO sense.

When are you going to resolve this??

Also be nice to have a view on tablet (or phone) from the Drone's perspective (like the GO app)
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please notice that Ground Station Pro has no flight record and I would recommend you pay more attention when you are flying your drone with this app.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2017-8-26 05:08
I wanted to chime in here.

DJI why do you make an app that doesn't record logs as in your Go app)???  That makes NO sense.

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will transfer your opinion to our engineer.
2017-8-28
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 00:43
Sorry for the trouble caused, we will transfer your opinion to our engineer.

Thanks,

I personally can't believe we in the community had to ask even beg for this.  The app should have been created with this.

While not required by law to keep logs (U.S.) most part 107 pilots (me included) like to keep detailed records of our flights.  So having a DJI (not 3rd party) not have the ability to create logs with their own drones is incomprehensible to me.

So please add logs to the top of your list to add.
Also be real nice to have a few of what the drone sees (like in the go app (bottom right corner))

Thanks
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2017-8-29 07:45
Thanks,

I personally can't believe we in the community had to ask even beg for this.  The app should have been created with this.

I understand your concern and our engineers are working on it. Please wait patiently, hope this problem will be solved soon. Thanks for your support.
2017-8-29
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

This is not a problem Dji, integrate your Dji go flight log system into the Dji gs pro app. This has to be done soon. Both for safety as well as increasing our flight record level and points ;)
2017-8-31
Use props
erkq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-8-12 05:45
GS Pro does not record flight logs like the Go App does . It's one of those annoying things we keep asking DJI to fix on the wish list of features.
Wish list :
Numbered way points

You CAN manually take off and then start your mission. I do it all the time. I have never allowed it to hop off my table on its own.
2017-9-2
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

erkq Posted at 2017-9-2 18:24
You CAN manually take off and then start your mission. I do it all the time. I have never allowed it to hop off my table on its own.

Is it possible to upload a mission once the AC is in the air?   I have to admit I have never tried it. I just don't like the idea of having my Inspire hovering while uploading a waypoint mission .
2017-9-4
Use props
erkq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-9-4 04:19
Is it possible to upload a mission once the AC is in the air?   I have to admit I have never tried it. I just don't like the idea of having my Inspire hovering while uploading a waypoint mission .

Yes, that's exactly what it does.
2017-9-6
Use props
qlddrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 561706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Still patiently waiting for DJI to do something about this.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

qlddrones Posted at 2017-9-18 18:54
Still patiently waiting for DJI to do something about this.

Sorry, still no update about this proposal, please note the future release in our website.
2017-9-20
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI,   Any updates on having logs and/or a view of what the drone sees (like in the go app)
2017-10-18
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy, the various communities of professional users really DO expect any groundstation app to record the flight data that we all know is theoretically available to it.  Is there a timescale for a new release?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-10-20 03:37
DJI Mindy, the various communities of professional users really DO expect any groundstation app to record the flight data that we all know is theoretically available to it.  Is there a timescale for a new release?

Our engineers are working on it. Please wait patiently and if we have any news, we will inform users.
2017-10-20
Use props
ANAXeye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238793 ft
United States

I also am anxious to see the flight logs sync incorporated in to GS Pro. Logs are mandatory for commercial use. I hope this feature will be added soon.
2017-10-21
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-20 19:28
Our engineers are working on it. Please wait patiently and if we have any news, we will inform users.

Patiently wait???

I think the community has been very patient.  Giving the first post on this thread was Jan'17 (almost 11 months ago) - I would think we have been more than patient.

Can you give us any best estimates on this?  Until this is resolved I can't and won't use the app at all!!!!

Regards.
2017-10-26
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2017-10-26 05:57
Patiently wait???

I think the community has been very patient.  Giving the first post on this thread was Jan'17 (almost 11 months ago) - I would think we have been more than patient.

DJi,

Patiently waiting for an update
2017-11-9
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2017-11-9 08:34
DJi,

DJi,

2017-11-20
Use props
fans44f5b428
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66168 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJi,

2017-11-22
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans44f5b428 Posted at 2017-11-22 08:29
DJi,

Have you seen vers. 1.8.0 for GS Pro was being released? (around Nov 22, 2017)
2017-11-22
Use props
fans13b46c58
lvl.1

United States

Has this been resolved yet? Or we still have to use 3rd party apps to get the job done?
2017-12-31
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Still patiently waiting for logs to show up.  As of now there is NO record of my flight with GS pro
2018-1-4
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

I see yet another GS pro update has come out and yet once again still NO mention of having the app generate logfiles.

Seriously DJI, what is it going to take to get this?   Part 107 pilots who are good with documenting and keeping records want to see this.

2018-1-19
Use props
SyamaPilot
New

Mali

Just tested out GS pro today and apart from a slight glitch where the bird forgot to take photo's for 30 secs I was mildly impressed with it.

Then I discovered no flight logs ! What a silly ommission !

2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules