Why am I being charged ?
1345 8 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
takhawaja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16378 ft
United States

I bought my mavic and received it end of November, and I might have barely 15 flights in. I left it in beginner mode for a while and then I started to get the hang of it. Flew it out more. I wanted to try out sports mode. And each time I would put it in sports mode I would get a compass error. So I thought something was wrong. I read on the threads some were having the same issue. So I decided it is a fault in the mavic. And I have not crashed it once. Nor do I plan on to hopefully. So I sent in my request and put the reason that my sports mode keeps giving me errors. Normal mode was working fine. I recalibrated and all updates etc. So after it being examined. I get an email back for repair costs. And I thought I was covered under the one-year manufacturers warranty. And here I am getting quoted for a bill of $135? Please help and let me know why I am being charged for something that was faulty from the beginning Here is what they are saying went wrong with my drone

Dear Customer,

You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer:KhawajaTalha
Case No:CAS-407030-G6X0C8
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date:01-19-17
Remarks:User stick command error FLY037 1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input; 2. At t=91s, unit recorded external impact, then fell. 3. User commanded full pitch forward then switched to full pitch forward, unit was moving backwards. Unit was not able to stop in time before impact Conclusion: User stick command error. Impact in air. [Non warranty Repair]

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Middle Frame14.004.00
Top Cover11.001.00
Compass Board13.003.00
Service Charge265.00/H130.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:138.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:138.00

2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Takhawaja, we'd like to help you review the flight records and data if you have any doubt about the analysis result.
Just to clarify, your app account is the same e-mail address you used to register for forum or not? If no, please PM me with your app account.
Also please make sure you synced flight records successfully, thanks.
2017-1-19
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 19:34
Takhawaja, we'd like to help you review the flight records and data if you have any doubt about the analysis result.
Just to clarify, your app account is the same e-mail address you used to register for forum or not? If no, please PM me with your app account.

Yes it was the same email that is used with the app.
2017-1-19
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

" And I have not crashed it once"

User stick command error FLY037 1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input; 2. At t=91s, unit recorded external impact, then fell. 3. User commanded full pitch forward then switched to full pitch forward, unit was moving backwards. Unit was not able to stop in time before impact Conclusion: User stick command error. Impact in air. [Non warranty Repair]

Either DJI have mixed up some flight records or you are dishonest i believe they are charging you for the damage created from the crash you did not have.
2017-1-21
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Not to mention they are quoting structural parts replacement when issue is application response related which at most would be an electronic component issue such as the compass board quoted.
2017-1-21
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-1-21 11:13
" And I have not crashed it once"

User stick command error FLY037 1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input; 2. At t=91s, unit recorded external impact, then fell. 3. User commanded full pitch forward then switched to full pitch forward, unit was moving backwards. Unit was not able to stop in time before impact Conclusion: User stick command error. Impact in air. [Non warranty Repair]

Well, I wouldn't lie about it I mean obviously, there would be a sign of wear and tear if there was. But I sent my device in for an error in the sports mode. And somehow turns out something else
2017-1-24
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
United States

So after the 2nd check with a senior analyst, they will still charge me for repair even when it is a problem with the drone from manufacturer defect. I am in return policy so I will just go and return my product instead. This is absurd how I am being charged for something that hasn't happened. And they also said they can't confirm any flight data available on aircraft.
2017-1-24
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 19:34

Is there anything I can do to avoid the charges?
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

takhawaja Posted at 2017-1-24 22:30
Is there anything I can do to avoid the charges?

Our Data Analysis engineers re-evaluated your flight data, and confirmed it's caused by pilot error.
Here is a screenshot for the analysis:
At t=91s, unit recorded external impact, then fell. User commanded full pitch backward then switched to full pitch forward, unit was moving backwards. Unit was not able to stop in time before impact.If you want to get it repaired, then you need pay for the repair.
Crash.png
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules