719 4 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Hey fellow pilots.

So I bought before my Mavic arribe a sandisk Ultra card that claimed 80mbs access.
I have been testing it and it does go all the way to 80 in some of my tests but not sure if its consistent.

Now, I have been tempeted to by an Express or Express Pro but they are on the expensive side. I was wondering, is it worth it?
Which one are you using? any recommendations for 4k Video? Does it actually make a difference?

2017-1-19
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Ultra is good but Extreme is better because of the faster read and write speeds. Price difference is not so big for these two.
Extreme Pro is not needed, maybe for Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire for sure.
2017-1-19
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

So long as the write speeds are suitable for 4K 60Mbps then the real benefit of the more expensive cards is in terms of your workflow and how quickly you can transfer the video from the card to your computer so it's important to think about the end to end process to ensure that you're not paying for a speed that gets neutralised by the fact that perhaps you're using a USB2 connection somewhere.
2017-1-20
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Faster is always going to be better, in my opinion... Not because of recording speed though. Most cards can handle the rate that the Mavic writes at. Where you see the big difference is when you pull the data OFF the cars. If it's a 20min video file, that took 20min to record, the faster I can get that OFF the card, the better. And 20sec is way better than 2 minutes.

As for size, 16 is plenty, because it 's better to change the card every time you change the battery. Why send valuable footage back into the air, to potentially be lost?

I have several 16 and 32gb cards. I typically leave the 32 in there, and don't use anything else, unless I am flying for prolonged periods.
2017-1-20
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71217-1-1.html
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules