4204 17 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As the Inspire 2 has been shipped and used by many I thought it is time for us to bundle all the valuable comments. This way we can confince and help DJI to make the Inspire 2 for what it suppose to be doing. Don't get me wrong, I'm still really happy with the I2 + X5S! Great image quality and great to fly!

To Fix:

1. Landing Gear: When landing, the landing gear comes down untill travel mode. - Very dangerous as you have to catch the I2 out of the sky. Happens occassionally.Here is the flight data from a flight where the landing gear comes down untill travel mode while attemting to land the I2.
https://we.tl/7xZa2dZrhS Excisting thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385
[SOLVED: Does not occur anymore]

2. Red Quick Releases are to lose so props are heavily vibrating resulting in a mild rollingshutter effect in the footage. Excisting thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385

[RECEIVED NEW ONES]

3.  Sometimes there is even a mild rollingshutter effect in the footage on the ground. I think the Zenmuse motors are vibration to much (yes, also with the DJI 15mm f1.7 mounted)

[CAN BE REMOVED BE CALLIBRATING IMU & GIMBAL]

4.  Sometimes the iPad mini 2 says that the device may not be compatible. Resulting in a disconnected iPad. This occured many time in -6 Cº. After isolation the ipad it didn't occur.

[SOLVED: Does not occur anymore]

After new firmware updates I haven't seen any issues anymore.

2017-1-20
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Non of these "issues" as you describe with my I2. You might think about getting a better iPad for the I2, it might not be the appropriate device for the I2.
2017-1-20
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-20 06:24
Non of these "issues" as you describe with my I2. You might think about getting a better iPad for the I2, it might not be the appropriate device for the I2.

same here, no problems with I2
I´m using iPad 9.7 pro dedicated for flying

2017-1-20
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm happy for you guys. Be the way, issues with the iPad are gone since I use isolation on the iPad in cold weather.
2017-1-20
Use props
joejoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194003 ft
Germany

I confirm 1 and 2.

3. occured once for a very short time.
Sometimes I have an echoing/stuttering of my frames, but I´m not sure if it´s a bug or if I just didn´t be aware of the shutter.

See attachement. Lines in the sky are echos of the roofs (same within the wooden areas on the left)
DJI_X5s_Stutter.jpg
2017-1-20
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been flying my Inspire 2 for last two weeks and have had no issues are you sure these issues are not caused by the operator, when the Inspire 1 was first launched there were lots of issues reported that turned out to be the operator I'm not the platform.

I'm not saying that all issues are pilot error like with any new device there are teasing troubles.

I have been flying single rotor and multi rotor RC and full-size helicopters for over 30 years and I'm still learning all the time some people are quick to blame the equipment rather than themselves.

2017-1-20
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you read the issues then you must understand that these cannot be done by the operator.

How can the operator create wobble in the image or put the landing gear into travel mode during flight?
2017-1-20
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

But even with these issues I'm still really really happy with the Inspire 2 with X5S! What an amazing image quality!!
2017-1-20
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-20 13:42
If you read the issues then you must understand that these cannot be done by the operator.

How can the operator create wobble in the image or put the landing gear into travel mode during flight?

Interesting theory Aeriallive do you have any proof other them what's been posted i.e. flight logs without difficult to pinpoint the problem exactly.
2017-1-20
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-20 19:38
Interesting theory Aeriallive do you have any proof other them what's been posted i.e. flight logs without difficult to pinpoint the problem exactly.

I will read out the flight data and post it here, no problem.
2017-1-21
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-20 19:38

I will read out the flight data and post it here, no problem.
PS: The I2 says it's not in travel mode. But it is...
IMG_2125.JPG
2017-1-21
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flight data is found.
2017-1-21
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-21 03:57
How can the flight data be exported from the I2 to the computer if the SD card is formatted? Can it be transferred to the SD card again?
When I try to use the assistant It opens the Flight Data screen but without any data?

Flight data is not stored on the SD card, it is stored on separate card in flight recorder.
2017-1-21
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-21 04:42
Flight data is not stored on the SD card, it is stored on separate card in flight recorder.

I got it now.. I will now look for the flight where the landing gear doesn't go down.
2017-1-21
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-21 04:43
I got it now.. I will now look for the flight where the landing gear doesn't go down.

Data stored in flight recorder can't be read by individuals, it is there for DJI to evaluate and you need to export the file for the particular flight (identified by date and time) and then send it to DJI.

There is another file you can access from the tablet/phone you can get to through iTunes.
2017-1-21
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-21 04:43

open dji assistant 2 on your PC tether Inspire 2 with the double ended USB supplied with the I2.

Then start up I2 and click on it in the assistant 2.

Go to left pane and click on "FLight Data" go throught a few prompts it should then ask you to "open Data Viewer on assistant 2.

when the "Viewer is open click on the folder open tab (second left at the top of the page) this should open new window click on DJI FLY LOG on left pane then open which FLY log you are after....

DJI Assistant 2 DV Viewer and filght log screen shot

DJI Assistant 2 DV Viewer and filght log screen shot
2017-1-21
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here you can download the data. I think it's FLY0043. https://we.tl/7xZa2dZrhS the problem occurred at the end of the flight ;)

2017-1-21
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-1-21 03:57
How can the flight data be exported from the I2 to the computer if the SD card is formatted? Can it be transferred to the SD card again?
When I try to use the assistant It opens the Flight Data screen but without any data?

click on Fly data on left to populate main graph. you can also untick them on the left pane.

After 2 and a half weeks of not being able to fly because DJI sent me my bird with the incorrect props (BETA TEESTING PROPS THAT DON"T FIT) and could still be waiting another week!!! It has given me the chance to play with it on the ground.....'m sad to say (

Flight log with no props :(

Flight log with no props :(
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules