M600P Landing Gear FW Update
3486 27 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

During install of the previous and latest firmware, a "popup" window appears regarding landing gear FW. I have followed the instructions and have not yet received the "special" FW package to update the landing gear FW for servos without the stamped letter. I submitted the information as instructed and have not received reply from service. It seems again that the left side is disconnected from the right side.
2017-1-20
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi I too noticed this and contacted the service people who said they have posted it to the dealers and to contact them direct for the replacement, it is also a free upgrade.

ricci
2017-1-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

This isn't referencing the M600 cable. This is  firmware package that they want installed. Since I bought directly, this needs to come from DJI service or online sales.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you able to replicate the pop up window and provide a screenshot?
2017-1-20
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-1-20 11:38
This isn't referencing the M600 cable. This is  firmware package that they want installed. Since I bought directly, this needs to come from DJI service or online sales.

Sorry did not read your words properly.
My bad.
2017-1-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 16:16
Are you able to replicate the pop up window and provide a screenshot?

Yes. File uploaded/attached. I submitted via email to support and they advised to send to online sales. That was a deadend, no response.

PopUp

PopUp

service

service

2sales

2sales
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-1-22 08:34
Yes. File uploaded/attached. I submitted via email to support and they advised to send to online sales. That was a deadend, no response.

Thank you for supplying this. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, there's no option to update via the Assistant 2 when this pop up appears? I'm looking into this with the development team for some additional clarification as well.
2017-1-23
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 15:36
Thank you for supplying this. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, there's no option to update via the Assistant 2 when this pop up appears? I'm looking into this with the development team for some additional clarification as well.

DJI-Jamie Thanks for your attempts to resolve. I can cancel through the pop-up. However, the issue is not resolved until I select the left button with custom package installation complete. Again as noted, this is a Firmware note and not the cable issue with M600's. The right brain is disconnected with the left brain in DJI world.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-1-27 08:22
DJI-Jamie Thanks for your attempts to resolve. I can cancel through the pop-up. However, the issue is not resolved until I select the left button with custom package installation complete. Again as noted, this is a Firmware note and not the cable issue with M600's. The right brain is disconnected with the left brain in DJI world.

The firmware package is tied to the physical upgrade to the "G" label servo cabling. Once that's done, you'll have the ability to upgrade the landing gear firmware via an updater module that the dealer would provide. This should give you a better idea of the process:

2017-1-27
Use props
VPS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8156 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I am confused. My servos are UNLABELED. So what do I need to do?
2017-1-28
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 16:20
The firmware package is tied to the physical upgrade to the "G" label servo cabling. Once that's done, you'll have the ability to upgrade the landing gear firmware via an updater module that the dealer would provide. This should give you a better idea of the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3HpE0tzAw&feature=youtu.be#userconsent

Well DJI-Jamie, let's re-visit the progression of this post. I purchased direct from DJI and provided all of the information along the way. I have been "handed off" by DJI support to DJI-Online Sales with no resolution.
It is obvious from the Video that DJI needs to send me the updater module so I can follow the directions in the video. Please "kick" this along and resolve this ASAP since this is a "Pro" system and I cannot knowingly use the AC with an identified defect.
PLEASE
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-1-28 06:38
Well DJI-Jamie, let's re-visit the progression of this post. I purchased direct from DJI and provided all of the information along the way. I have been "handed off" by DJI support to DJI-Online Sales with no resolution.
It is obvious from the Video that DJI needs to send me the updater module so I can follow the directions in the video. Please "kick" this along and resolve this ASAP since this is a "Pro" system and I cannot knowingly use the AC with an identified defect.
PLEASE

Could you please provide the ticket number from that last correspondence with Support for further follow up?
2017-1-29
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 16:40
Could you please provide the ticket number from that last correspondence with Support for further follow up?

No ticket # as noted above post #6 in Amos Zhang's replyshuttling me to online sales for resolution since I bought directly from DJI.
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-1-29 17:41
No ticket # as noted above post #6 in their reply shuttling me to online sales for resolution since I bought directly from DJI.

I will attempt to follow up with what I have. The Chinese New Year holiday may cause a bit of delay in response time. As a more possible immediate solution, dealers are supplying these updaters as well. Have you looked into getting one from a local dealer? This is a free process, as ricci2 previously mentioned.
2017-1-29
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 17:45
I will attempt to follow up with what I have. The Chinese New Year holiday may cause a bit of delay in response time. As a more possible immediate solution, dealers are supplying these updaters as well. Have you looked into getting one from a local dealer? This is a free process, as ricci2 previously mentioned.

Well, now that the CNY is over, maybe we can resolve this OPEN issue.
DJI_170203.PNG
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-3 05:50
Well, now that the CNY is over, maybe we can resolve this OPEN issue.

I do apologize for the late reply. I did confirm that the Online Store team and the autorized dealer network are the ones to supply this module. I've escalated your case to address this as quickly as possible. Just to make sure I have everyting correct, the email you used to contact Support initially is the same that's tied to your order information, correct?
2017-2-7
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 13:48
I do apologize for the late reply. I did confirm that the Online Store team and the autorized dealer network are the ones to supply this module. I've escalated your case to address this as quickly as possible. Just to make sure I have everyting correct, the email you used to contact Support initially is the same that's tied to your order information, correct?

Sent response via PM w/ email and shipping addresses
2017-2-8
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 13:48

Is this only for the M600 Pro or the M600 as well?
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-8 07:24
Sent response via PM w/ email and shipping addresses

My PM is acting up, I can see a preview of your last message, but the address got cut off and I can't see the rest. I got your email, could you happen to PM just the address again and I should get the info I need that way?
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-2-8 09:22
Is this only for the M600 Pro or the M600 as well?

At the moment, this update is solely for the M600 Pro, not the M600.
2017-2-8
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 10:54
At the moment, this update is solely for the M600 Pro, not the M600.

So it is coming for the M600?  What improvements does it have for the M600 Pro?
2017-2-8
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 16:40

Original Zhang: 388604 (closed) WRONG 25 days ago
Latest w DJI Ann (Online Store) 348629
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-9 05:23
Original Zhang: 388604 (closed) WRONG 25 days ago
Latest w DJI Ann (Online Store) 348629

Just to clarify, did you receive a notification that the OS ticket was closed as well, or was it just the Support ticket? Since the case was moved to the Online Store, the Support ticket was closed.
2017-2-9
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 08:51
Just to clarify, did you receive a notification that the OS ticket was closed as well, or was it just the Support ticket? Since the case was moved to the Online Store, the Support ticket was closed.

Let's just get this fixed. As noted, the issue has been alive and well for over 25 days with the DJI shuffle.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-2-8 11:42
So it is coming for the M600?  What improvements does it have for the M600 Pro?

This servo landing hear updater's purpose is so that the servo can be read and updated with the rest of the aircraft via the Assistant 2 software. It's more of a facilitation of updating firmware than a firmware update itself. With that in mind, I don't believe that it would be needed for the M600, since the firmware is slightly different. If it is ever needed for the M600, I'm sure they will have a free updater process for it as well,
2017-2-9
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 13:55
This servo landing hear updater's purpose is so that the servo can be read and updated with the rest of the aircraft via the Assistant 2 software. It's more of a facilitation of updating firmware than a firmware update itself. With that in mind, I don't believe that it would be needed for the M600, since the firmware is slightly different. If it is ever needed for the M600, I'm sure they will have a free updater process for it as well,

So M600 owners could no get any Sevo Update for now.
Well again very nice for the M600 owners.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-2-10 04:33
So M600 owners could no get any Sevo Update for now.
Well again very nice for the M600 owners.

From what I understand, the M600 isn't missing out on anything. If anything, it's one less process to deal with for now.
2017-2-10
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

Well, I finally received a ridiculous sized box for DJI with a miniscule "payload" the size of a USB stick yesterday. Over SIX WEEKS to resolve something that literally took 1.5 seconds to apply per side. Ah, but the piece of mind knowing that the AC is fully up to date is worth it. After this experience, I would like to echo comments on other threads:
1. A service bulletin system is needed for two reasons.
    a. Inform the known owners of aircraft intended for commercial use of potential issues that need attention.
    b. Have a reference bulletin system for those at DJI to refer to in aiding the owners to remedy issues.
    c. Have an accepted methodology for logging and addressing identified issues on aircraft known to be operating commercially.
2. Spend time/$ and whatever is necessary to improve the quality of communication and support expertise. This is imperative.

This thread is now solved but should be available for discussion
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules